Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Hollywood" McClain now featured on 610

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
After spending most of his time today talking about his show biz career,
he found time to talk some football and finally got around to the subject of
the Texans. Jeez, I thought that's what they paid him for, to talk about the Texans. Anyway, someone called in and asked about the Texans offseason
pursuit of Rams tackle Orlando Pace. McMClain said a 30 year old O tackle
was not worth a 1 first rounder in the Draft, let alone 2 first rounders. Hey,
I gotta agree !

We probably could have gotten 3-5 more years out of him, 30 years old isn't that old for a lineman...

Considering our track record with 1st rounders?

would you trade Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson for Orlando Pace?

ill keep my firsts.

would you trade Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson for Orlando Pace?

No, but as the team improves there are no guarantees that our next 2 first round picks will be as high as they have been in the past and there are no guarantees there will AJ and Dunta type caliber players available when we make our next 2 first round picks.

I don't get as much of a chance to listen to him as I used to since they moved him to 5pm, but most of the time, he actually gets around to talking about football about 20% of the time. The rest is filled with commercials, small talk, movie talk, girl talk, and just about any other talk, except football. That leaves about 5 minutes of real football talk. If I wanted to listen about movies, I would dial up Roger Ebert. It's okay for the casual fan I suppose, but since it is an all-sports station, I don't quite get it. Maybe I am missing something. idonno:

Yea that always bugs me too .... between Baylor sports, his screenplays, movies, the Texas Sports HOF, his old Oiler buddies, ..... if only 790 would hookup with someone similar on a regular basis ....

would you trade Babin and TJ for Pace? That would definentally be worth considering. Those picks would be more like the kinnda picks we would of sent to St. Louis for Pace.

I enjoyed his time on 610. his interest in assorted matters other than football only adds to his ability to cover these things without burnout. He really represents Houston, its fans and all things Texas very well just like Richard Justice does and is a treat to listen to.

his experience anchors his opinion with sensiblity and common sense :cool:

he also said and you can print this right now "that Derrick Johnson will be the NFL defensive rookie of the year".

He's easy to listen to, and I think he's mellowed out quite a bit since the beginning of the Texans era...
he reads these message boards and knows what the fans want to hear. :)

He's a lot easier to listen to now since Joe, Preston & Andy got ahold of him. He used to waive them Titan pompoms around but our Texan faithful set him straight & he seems to bleed a lil Battle Red these days.

HardKnockTexan said:
would you trade Babin and TJ for Pace?
Nope, no way I make that trade. I think I would give very serious consideration to that proposition if Pace was 25, but not 30. And I realize that OL players have a longer NFL career life expectancy than say RBs or
WRs whose value has a lot to do with straight line sprint speed which often suffers significant degradaion around 30. On the other, neither do all OL guys play at a high level as they approach middle age like a Bruce Matthews.

John McClain does not coer the Texans. He is the Chronicle's "NFL-Man". Someone else on their staff is assigned to our Texans.

Back