Hillis

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by steelbtexan, May 7, 2009.

1. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I would offer Denver a 4th rd pick for Hillis at the end of training camp.

If we made a trade for Hillis what player/draft pick would you give up for him?

Denver needs a SAM, I would trade Diles for Hillis at the end of traning camp after Diles proves he's healthy. I think this would be a fair trade. They should have comparable contracts.

Kubes said he wanted to keep 6 LB's.

They could keep

Will- Adibi, June Mike- Ryans, Bentley Sam- Cushing, Thompson

Bentley can also play the SAM.

This would give the Texans enough depth at LB, They could afford to trade Diles to get much needed help at RB position.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  2. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

No way we trade Diles for Hillis. Diles is gonna be a special teams ace and the backup SAM/Mike. Hillis may be a good fit here but not at the cost of giving up valuable depth on defense and a special teams ace.

3. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Give them Jacoby and a 6th.

4. D-Frank

D-Frank Veteran

give away Diles? cush aint gonna run away with the sam without a BIG fight from Diles, and considering cush health probs we WILL need Diles, one of if not our BEST LB. oh, and frank bush said cato got the will spot sowed up, cush, adibi, diles gonna battle for sam

for hillis i would give them jacoby and a 6th like he said^

5. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Although I am not very impressed with the new Denver Brain Trust, if they go the way of the Pats, he will want to hang on to Hillis, not as much as an RB, but as a proven FB. I hope we find some way to make a convincing argument to McDaniels that Hillis has a severe case of malignant. likely incurable, contagious "Jock and Hand Disease"...............and he should be allowed his last remaining days on earth to be spent in proximity to the Houston Medical Center.

TexanAddict likes this.
  6. RipTraxx

RipTraxx Free Agent

In the Draft Pass thingy?

7. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Wait, what? Can you find where he said that? Are you sure he didn't mean sewed up in the sense that that's the side he's going to play on, but not necessarily the starter?

That's not really how the Texans have handled it in the past... sign a FA and immediately give him the starting spot when the previous starter is still on the roster?

8. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

As to the original post - I think we'd be nuts to give up Diles.

I don't think Diles is Lawrence Taylor or anything - but championship teams have good depth. Having Diles move to a backup (if that's what happens) isn't anything but a GOOD thing. Our starter at SAM - who played well last year - would be the backup? That's good for the team. Not so great for Zac, but good for the team.

If there's a player's name to bring up as far as trades go, I think it would be David Anderson. The Broncos obviously already showed interest earlier, and while I like him, he's replaceable. More so than Diles, anyway.

I still think it's very unlikely that we make any deals with Denver for players. If anything, it will be picks.

9. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I read the draft pass interview. He spoke very complementary of June and said that he will play him at the WILL but he did NOT anoint him as the starter.

10. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Yeah, that's what I thought... assuming that's where D-Frank also got his info from. He's a lock to play on that side, but not as the starter... which considering his size and our system, is actually not saying anything revealing at all.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

No he did not AT ALL. Bush said they would start as in the first place they would try him out would be at Will and he would provide competition for Adibi. The start at will comment was in the context of Cato having started at both OLB spots in the past, not as in on the depth chart starter.

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I don't get the fascination with Hillis. Denver had 3 guys on their roster I'd rather have at RB and I don't think he brings anything to the table Casey doesn't do better.

13. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

He's almost TOO big, at 240. The guy I want is Torain - above Selvin, Hillis or any other RB on Denver's roster.

Too bad he's coming off an ACL tear, though.

14. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

You clearly haven't watched the guy at all, because you've been bashing the guy for quite some time now. There is nothing to say that Casey will be a guy that is capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game like Hillis has proven that he could. Hillis has also proven that he is very good in the passing game. It's funny how so many people in here are already acting like Casey is the next Mike Alstott already without him even playing a down yet. Now I'm excited about seeing what Casey can do and all as well, but all this "Casey can do this, and Casey can do that" stuff has gotten pretty over the top in my opinion when the guy hasn't even hit camp yet.

Hillis is a proven player that has already shown toughness, grit, and the ability to be a very versatile player.

15. mexican_texan

I watched one of the Denver game he was in, he was in what, three? And that makes him established? Wali Lundy had a few good games too. I just wasn't impressed by Hillis any more than Heath Evans. Just because I don't love the guy like everyone else doesn't mean I bash him.

16. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

YOu compared him to wali Lundi before and now you've mentioned him in the same post again. He isn't anything like Lundi at all, and that is pretty much an insult to the guy. Denver fans absolutely loved the guy last season. He played in 3 straight games where he carried their team's running game before getting hurt and showed a lot of skills in the passing game. Hell his first game where he got some real playing time he had over 100 yards receiving. He may not be a flashy guy, but he is a nice utility type of back that can do a lot besides just running the ball and could be a nice guy to have at FB as well.

17. mexican_texan

No, I didn't. I'm sure what I said will hit you sooner or later, especially considering what you just said.

18. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

The Broncos wanted David Anderson. No offense to Anderson, but I would trade him and a 6th for Peyton Hillis.

19. Mari-OWNED!

Mari-OWNED! Bucco Bruce

Just out of curiosity, why? Torain from a measurables standpoint seems pretty solid at 6'1" 225 lbs.

But he only had 15 carries in the NFL before he got injured, and I didn't follow him in his college days, so I'm not too sure about him...

20. Blake

Blake MMQB

So let me get this straight. We have Slaton, Moats, Brown, Johnson and Foster on the roster right now, and people want to trade away draft picks, Diles or Jacoby for another running back? Even if he is that much better than our current stable of running backs im not trading draft picks or Diles. Jacoby has some downfalls but he is an explosive player who I would hate to lose or even worse cut.

I'm good.