Hi from a Chiefs fan

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jetlord, Oct 14, 2013.

1. jetlord

jetlord Rookie

Just checking in to learn a little about the Texans and the game coming up. I don't talk smack or put anyone down for being a fan of any team.

The Chiefs this year are all defense and very little offense. Many of the points they have scored are a result of good special teams and field position as well as an overwhelming pass rush. The last two games, Titans and Raiders, were the worst offensively of the season. Our O-line is very young and not in sync yet and aside from Bowe, the receivers are below average. Jamal Charles carries most of the offense. Stop him, and you stop the offense. Except for a few plays, the defense has been suffocating.

I'd really appreciate a discription of the Texans, expecially how strong their line play is on both O and D. Everyone knows about Watt, and he should have a field day against our line, but how are the rest in the trenches? What are the strengths and weaknesses of the D-backs? All civil responses are appreciated.

Runner likes this.
  2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Two words, pick six.

3. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

our

We Suck

i prefer my example though as it seems true even with no Pick 6s

4. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

We are PISSED off your going to get the best of the Texans for 60mins + and with matt prob not starting expect our QB whoever it is to TORCH your Defense

We will treat this game like its the AFC championship there is no tommarow

5. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

well in one word...............I'll get back with you.

6. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

:wadepalm:

7. YeaLikeRightNow

YeaLikeRightNow Veteran

The Texans are in a severe slump, and the Chiefs are going to have some easy pickings...be kind to our Texans. :handshake:

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I used to look at next weeks opponents & see how they did this week. If they won, maybe we'll have a chance to beat them. If they lost..... I know they'd be pissed & will most likely kick our butts. If they lost 2 in a row, we don't stand a chance.

I stopped thinking that way after our 10-6 & 12-4 season. I just expected a win.

Now, I feel for the KC Chiefs. We've lost 4 in a row & I feel the Texans finally hit rock bottom. It's gutcheck time.

9. ST675

ST675 Rookie

Get ready to meet a statistically good D-line. An Offense that can move the ball but will do nothing in the red zone, as long as the penalties don't keep them from the red zone while depending on a kicker that is useless past 35 yards. A coach that hands you the playbook before that game and 2 of 3 QB's that mirror each other in predictability and lack of movement.

It will be a good game, and beer will be consumed.

10. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Veteran

let us score atleast once. thanks

thunderkyss likes this.
  11. SchaubApologist

SchaubApologist Veteran

Just watch the game tape. We do the same thing every week. Oh yea, we choke under pressure too. It should be an easy W for you guys.

12. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Welcome to the board. First things first. The Texans suck. Chiefs have nothing to worry about as long Kubiak is the head coach of the Texans. This is the playbook: Running to the right which is something that probably won't work, so he'll run to the left. Now, our running game is good so watch out for that. The pass game is very sophisticated. It involves throwing to AJ on almost every play. The defense is good but usually there'll be big holes right up the middle. I don't think we have a NT on this team so plenty of running lanes for your backs. That's about it really. Oh our special teams will make at least 2 or 3 boneheaded plays a game. So, all in all no worries about the Texans. If I'm the Chiefs coaching staff I think I would spend most of the week playing GTA 5 or go to the movies.

13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Jetlord, welcome to a depressed and severely pissed off fan base. LOL

As to this game, with the Texans you never know what you will come up against, but rest assured whatever it is, it'll change to something else at halftime. If you guys have a bad oline, the Texans will have a field day in your backfield. All you have to do to counter that is just run up the middle and you'll be fine.

You guys used to be called the Texans many years ago. You should be glad you changed your name. :kitten:

14. bckey

bckey Hall of Fame

Its been gut check time so many times during the Kubiak era that it has become an embarrassing excuse people use to get positive about the next game.

15. Sigma

Sigma All Pro

I'll wait a game actually without a pick 6 before saying that :D

16. Sigma

Sigma All Pro

please let JJ get a pick 6 :)

maybe in the 4th quarter when you'll be at about 40+ :S

(just joking)

17. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

Where the Chiefs play a ball control offense and force a lot of turnovers, we are the exact opposite. Our most effective player to this point is someone a Chiefs fan should be familiar with, Shane Lechler. But don't mistake that as me saying we have good special teams as they are goddawful. Pretty cool watching your team go from garbage to what you are now in just a season. I hope y'all can take the AFC West this year. We are going to lose in Arrowhead, probably going to be shut out.

And to answer the OP, our DBs are terrible, one pick from a DB thus far. No one on defense outside of Watt and Cushing are really worth a crap for the most part.

18. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Let me introduce our coach .

George Custer Kubiak

[​IMG]

powda likes this.
  19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I think you will be OK against the Texans.

20. markn

markn Hall of Fame

Everything you need to know about the Texans:

You'll win.