Hey Plummer, stay in Denver!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by trutxn, Feb 18, 2007.

1. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

Jake Plummer and David Carr have a lot in common. They both know Kube's system and they both are AT BEST average NFL QBs. Neither one will ever be great enough to be mentioned with other QBs. Plummer had a few good years under Kubes in Denver because they had a complete team. We don't care who the QB is anymore, we just can't wait for the Texans to be a complete team.

2. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

no, i care greatly who the qb is. The correct answer is "Welcome Jake Plummer! Worst case scenario is taht you will be a different kind of suck." If we are going to suck anyway, it would be nice to have something different to kvetch about. ABC!!!!! (Anybody But Carr)

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Plummer under Kubiak > Carr.......bottom line.

and I really don't see the reason for the urge to repeatly flood the board with endless Carr threads, you could of easily put this in one of the bazillion threads already started.

I'm sick of it, its getting to the point where we need a "Carr" section so the Bull Pen will actually have some substance to it.

4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

OK, I'm watching golf and some racing...the wife is napping and I'm bored. So I'll play the same game again. 1) We don't know that Carr knows Kubiak's system. He didn't really show that he had mastered it and has alot to learn. Plummer, on the other hand, spent 3 years in it (under him) and did pretty well with it. 2) On horrible teams..Texans and Cards...at least Plummer got them to the playoffs once and won a game. Big difference. 3) I'm waiting for Carr to be average and Plummer has AT LEAST shown that he can be above average in the right circumstances. 4) I plenty care who the QB is. If I didn't and the fans didn't this debate wouldn't take up so much of the boards bandwidth. 5) Why the need to write ANOTHER thread like this...besides helping my Sunday along:)

5. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

Plummer is not better than Carr and it will cost the Texans a draft pick and an additional free agent. I'm up for a change, but at some point you have to ask if this particular change is worth it.

Runner likes this.
  6. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Anybody But Carr . . . as long as it isn't Jake Plummer.

I'll take a 38 year old Jeff Garcia over Jake Plummer.

Runner likes this.
  7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Did you already work out a trade with Denver. If we wait long enough he's going to be released and everybody knows this.

8. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

Its not about Carr, its about Houston having a complete team. I'm tired of hearing about it as well. When you have a team w/ a controversy your going to hear it, period. Keep him and move on with development of the team.

9. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Mr. SWT, I could fix your avatar for you if you wanted. That is, of course, if you want it to be normal looking. Just a thought!

10. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

I care that the team wins, no matter who is QB. My guy is leading TN, unfortunatly.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm done with this thread, I would rather go to the dentist or get a prostate exam then string through another Carr thread..........sorry.

12. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

the photo doesn't resize well without distortion, but do what you feel

13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Then refute what others have said without just stating "he is better." A complete team is what we are all after. You can accomplish it with the change.

14. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

It does not matter if he is released we will still eat cap space with very $ little to spare. What we want and what is feasible are two different things.

15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

LOL..I'll be following you. Time drink and think about dinner while getting ready for Amazing Race.

16. Navy_Chris

Navy_Chris All Pro

Would everybody stop comparing David to Jake? The difference between the 2 is that Jake isn't afraid to stand in the pocket and deliver a good throw. Jake looks at ALL his receivers, not just one of them. Jake is a leader on the field, David is anything but that. Jake isn't content with dinking and dunking down the field just for the purpose of padding his completion percentage, David is. Need I say more?

With all that being said. I think Jake needs to stay in Denver. Brady Quinn is our guy at #8. The QB depth chart should look like this:

Sage Rosenfels
    Brady Quinn
    Quinton Porter

17. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

A change at QB will be a fresh start but it will do nothing as far as wins go. To win we need to add to our O & D lines, RB, WR, DBs. You know the complete team. One person isn't going to do a damn thing. That one person was in last years draft.

18. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

We don't know that. We haven't seen a winning team so we don't know what will flip the switch(like a career backup like Romo or a rookie like VY or Leinart) but just as you can speculate I could speculate that the team may be getting tired of the same questions so maybe a guy who knows the system better might make a difference. You still draft your stud of choice at #8 and you hit the draft like you did in the 2nd round on like last year and you all of a sudden have a fresh team that may learn how to win some games. This doesn't even include FA. So overall we don't know how it will change things but it is pretty easy to argue that it could. So far that is all this franchise has had...woulda, coulda, shoulda,...could, should.

19. Texian

Texian Hall of Fame

They can spend millions more to make that happen!!!!

20. trutxn

trutxn Veteran

You help make my point that much more evident, teams are built through the draft, Plummer or Carr alone will do nothing. I was ready to ditch Carr last year during the real draft class. Since we stuck with him then, they may do it again. It would really suck for us to trade him to MN and then he lead them to the playoffs and we sit at .500 watching.