Hey Kubiak

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexansSB07, Oct 21, 2007.

1. TexansSB07

TexansSB07 Veteran

Why not let OC calls play, either that or stop using Dom Capers playbook

is it just me or does OL look like Crud without Steve McKinney, lets play a rookie they can't play any worse than OL is right now in terms of protection.:gun:

2. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

As a Texans fan you should know that the line can play worse.

3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

We need more reverses or fake reverses to JJ. The defense will never expect it.

4. GP

GP Go Texans!

1. We have NO new wrinkles to our offense. I guess Matt and Kubiak have been playing golf since week 1.

2. Even when we have a chance to complete one of our predictable plays, we blow it.

3. Even when we see the screen pass, LenDale STILL gets great yardage.

4. We can't run a screen play, on offense, and we can't defend one on offense. And the commentators say "Jeff Fisher has had his team running constant drills during practice to pursue the screen pass since early in the season when they had been victimized by it." Well, maybe Kubiak should take some notes or something.

5. Salaam, once again chooses to double team an interior lineman and gets Schaub killed. Again. Like a skipping CD. Again. Over. And over. And over again. Again. Ooh, look...it happened. Again.

6. When was the last time we scored a TD on offense? 3 weeks?

7. OLBs cannot find or locate a TE off the snap, much like they could not find or locate MJD last week. If I see another completion to Scaife, I am going to barf.

8. It would be 35-0 if Vince Young had played this week. Hats off to Jeff Fisher who is being very generous to us, knowing he could play Quincy Carter at QB and still beat us this year.

9. We stink.

10. We will stink NEXT week.

11. Golic and Greeny knew what they were saying when they predicted we'd get 5...maybe 6 wins this year.

Awful.

5. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

still think it was all DC? We all know schaub can do the job, we now need to protect him b4 he has it beaten out of him.

6. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

It all starts up front and I hate to break this to y'all, but it doesn't matter who the HELL IS CALLING OUR PLAYS, IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE UNTIL WE GET A NFL CALIBER LINE IN HERE!.

That line is garbage, they've been garbage for 6 freaking years. I know everybody loves to dog David Carr and rightfully so, but it just wasn't all David Carr. If we don't fix this offensive line, we will be responsible for ruining two QBS. (not that David Carr was going to be a franchise QB, but whatever potential he did have was beat the hell out of him).

I'm tired of watching this team, its a straight embarrassment and no I'm not going to quit on them, but they are really testing my patience. 6 years and no improvement.

7. GP

GP Go Texans!

It's less of the oline and more of a playcalling situation.

I think Sherman is the culprit here.

I sit here and predict what we'll run with fairly good success rate.

How much more is an opposing defensive staff able to see it, too?

We have ZERO new wrinkles to our game. No new alignments, no new plays, just the same old stuff--HB Dive, A poorly executed screen, and the ever-popular end-around with Jacoby.

This team looks confused and out of it. So, in a way, you can hardly blame any one person on the field because it's like they are dizzy from the buffoonery known as "Playcalling."

My two cents.

And to Richard Smith's credit (I've ragged on him a lot lately)...he has held it together. It should be a roaring blowout by now thanks to our inept offense. R Smith is calling a semi-good game thus far.

8. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Get outta here, that line pushes NOBODY around. You can throw all the new wrinkles you want and jazz everything up, but at the end of the day.

You can't turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad! That line is gettting OWNED every play. Everybody knows Kubiak's aka Denver offense starts and ends with the run..........guess what we can't do.

What do you want Kubiak to do, pass every down........they would have to surgerically remove our QB from the field.

9. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

You can't be serious, Schaub has been knocked around like a softball the last 3 games due to Salaam & company. add to that, we "inexplicably" haven't been able to run the ball since then either.

10. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

What he said. The Oline is getting absouletely owned. :devilpig:

11. GP

GP Go Texans!

I would say it's the whole thing: Coaches and players together.

Could go down as worst game ever.

12. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

All I can say is at least Schuab didn't have as much potential as Carr, so I guess that makes Kubiak sightly better Capers but not much...they both can't draft olinemen and sucks for David and Matt. I do think David will get it together in Carolina, I hope Matt moves on and has a good career.

13. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

So, who actually called the plays in Denver when Kubes was there? I'm thinking Shanahan had a bigger part than people admit.

14. treygar

treygar Veteran

I am sickened.

This game proves alot of things - much of which I've said since I'm rarely on this board but -

Kubiak stinks.

Schaub had his 3 wins of glory, history will ultimatley prove that Carr is better.

Richard Smith stinks.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

16. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Not really, his team has been just as bad.

Give Kubiak a decent line and running game and he can run a offense. Take all that away and he can't pull a rabbit out of his ***

17. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

hmmm...so whose ready to watch the Rockets?

18. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

which in that regard, he's pretty much like any other QB...

19. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

You're crazy if you think Carr>Schaub. Carr would've been sacked 6 times, fumbled 3 and had 7 passes batted down at the line.

Regardless, the Texans might be showing their true colors and I don't know if we're an 8-8 team yet.

20. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Denver did well last year

I guess Kubes can go back to claiming he made Steve Young and Elway's careers and take credit for someone elses blocking system.