Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hey Bull Pen...better pray for a cold front!

texanmojo

Shotgun 30 Time
With the roof open tomorrow, and today's high at roughly 90 degrees, you are gonna bake down there. This may end up being Pittsburg 2.0!

Glad my seats are up in the nose bleeds in the shade!

Good luck tomorrow...and may the Texans Kick the Colts Arses...

Bullpen Pub's lookin better by the minute!! I refuse to fry!! Besides, my dear friend Pete sent me two tickets in the SHADE!! HEEEEE HAWWWW!!!

I am very very glad that the Chronicle did their article today about preparing for the open roof. Everything in that article is a response to that Pittsburgh game.

I did a mini blog post about it earlier in the week.

Oh, and as a mini-note, as I recall correctly, the Colts will have more of the direct sun than the Texans will.

Opposing teams more so for the 3:05 games.

TC/in the sun //planning on my post-sun inevitable migraine....

this early in the season and with Reliant stadium's orientation to the sun the shade travels equally across the field, sideline to sideline. So both teams bench's receive the same amount of sun, literally IMO. Later in the season it goes a bit more shade on the home side. But honestly, not enough to even talk about.

the Bullpen section is going to bake.

Glad I could help you out SheTexan. I have been worried about you all week. I knew you were going to be there, no matter what. And I am glad that one of the TEXANS best fans is using my seats.

This is the way football is supposed to be! Why is everyone making such a big deal about the weather? Tough it up were Texans!

This is the way football is supposed to be! Why is everyone making such a big deal about the weather? Tough it up were Texans!

NO, it's not!! Football is suppose to be fun, and it's not much fun baking in an oven, and that's exactly what the lower level of Reliant is like. There is NO circulation at all down there, and the sun beats off those blue seats, and all the metal. If Reliant was an open venue stadium it would be different. Intense heat with little air circulation makes people SICK!! THAT, my friend, is NOT what football is suppose to be!! We've been discussing this issue for 7 years now, and nothing has changed. You either like it or you don't. As for myself, I just adjust.

NO, it's not!! Football is suppose to be fun, and it's not much fun baking in an oven, and that's exactly what the lower level of Reliant is like. There is NO circulation at all down there, and the sun beats off those blue seats, and all the metal. If Reliant was an open venue stadium it would be different. Intense heat with little air circulation makes people SICK!! THAT, my friend, is NOT what football is suppose to be!! We've been discussing this issue for 7 years now, and nothing has changed. You either like it or you don't. As for myself, I just adjust.

Stay out of the sun, SheTexan. I would have to agree with your retort. The truth is that the Texans miscalculated some important things when building Reliant. With all the supposed orientation calculations, during the noon games, the home team will be frying as much as the visitors, not to mention many of the fans. So much has been made of the configuration of the building making for an extremely loud environment. That's true because of its verticality, with the sound bouncing from side to side. But that same verticality essentially makes it impractical as an "outdoor" stadium. True outdoor stadiums are widely flared from the center. This is to allow for free airflow especially in hot, stagnant, humid environment. The vertical construction essentially acts as a heat reflector/magnifier/concentrator, while acting to foil the heat dissipation. Have you ever noticed how much time the smoke from the pyrotechnics when substantial hang around even when the roof is open? So goes the heat.

As for myself, I just adjust.

And that's all you can do. I get the heat. I sat in the NEZ for 4 years, wearing a regulation Texans helmet (the real deal) and I sat there and suffered in it for 4 years, every game 'til the clock said 0:00. I might be a bit more acclimated to it since I work in it all summer long, but that doesn't make it any less miserable.

I sat there because those were my seats. It was either that or go stand by the beer line where there's a little tv up on the wall. Well, I didn't pay a boat load of money to watch the game on tv. I could do that at home and have a much fatter bank account. So I chose to suffer through it. I mean, the players have to play in it with all that equipment on, I think I can sit there for 3 hours. But that's just me.

Then I adjusted and moved to the SEZ. No sun ever for me.

Maybe they'll run the AC some during the game? It might knock the temp down a degree or two and after all, cold air sinks, so if there's no circulation the cooler air should stay within the stadium somewhat...
maybe??? (<<< wishful thinking).

According to today's errrrrrrrrr Saturday's Chronicle the air will be on in the concourses...

On another note, CnD was spot on his assessment of the design. Had the roof not been needed, the stadium would have been flared more. Also, where the 4x "super-columns" (supports for the roof trusses) would have been open allowing all four corners to creat more air flow...

Leaving Austin shortly and have my fingers crossed for some cloud cover. I get the sun this time of the year at 12:30ish through the end of the game.

Leaving Austin shortly and have my fingers crossed for some cloud cover. I get the sun this time of the year at 12:30ish through the end of the game.

Looking out there now, there is not a cloud in the sky. The 610 announcers were saying that there is a nice breeze today. Unfortunately, that will not translate well to the seating and field inside the stadium.

game should have been moved to Rice stadium. I guess money and who gets it was at the root of that decision.

that said, I don't think it'll be warm until the second half. by then you will:

a) be too drunk to care
b) Texans will be ahead and you won't care about the heat
c) Colts will be spanking us and you will bitching about everything.

Wasn't too bad in the Bullpen today. Lots of clouds kept the sun off of us for a while. It was hot when the clouds moved on though. At least we didn't bake the entire game.....

It wasn't to bad out there today. My prayers were answered regarding the clouds. Of course the prayers of a victory were not heard.

I think that we are the biggest crybabies in the league now. We are crying about the heat? If we were Green Bay fans we would be complaining about the cold? If you are in direct sunlight for most of the game just drink a alot of water....drinking to much beer in that heat will turn on you. The beer/water guys seemed to have a lot of beer for the colts game but they couldn't keep the water coming. Games like the Colts game is more reason for the NFL to give us 3:15 starts but until we start winning regularly we won't be seeing that to much.

I think that we are the biggest crybabies in the league now. We are crying about the heat? If we were Green Bay fans we would be complaining about the cold? If you are in direct sunlight for most of the game just drink a alot of water....drinking to much beer in that heat will turn on you. The beer/water guys seemed to have a lot of beer for the colts game but they couldn't keep the water coming. Games like the Colts game is more reason for the NFL to give us 3:15 starts but until we start winning regularly we won't be seeing that to much.

I didn't see anyone crying on this thread. Are we reading the same thing?

Crybabies? I don't see anyone crying in this thread at all. Maybe you are posting in the wrong thread.

But I do think the Texans should make an announcement about people keeping hydrated. Several people needed medical attention at the Steelers game with the roof open. Also, the fact is many people got season tickets because of the roof. Some people with medical issues can't be in the heat and sun that long. So for them to not show up or complain is to be expected. It is an unfortunate issue, but a real one for some fans.

Crybabies? I don't see anyone crying in this thread at all. Maybe you are posting in the wrong thread.

But I do think the Texans should make an announcement about people keeping hydrated. Several people needed medical attention at the Steelers game with the roof open. Also, the fact is many people got season tickets because of the roof. Some people with medical issues can't be in the heat and sun that long. So for them to not show up or complain is to be expected. It is an unfortunate issue, but a real one for some fans.

They did make an announcement.

And sadly I don't think the stadium is built for an open roof and ambient temp of 85 or 90+. No air flow.

I'm hoping for rain for the Dolphins game. I want to see it rain inside Reliant.

You just might get your wish Greg. Rain is in the forecast for the weekend. BUT, you now how that goes. 3 drops of rain and our weathemen call it a downpour!! I expect it to be HOT, WET, and humid. Perfect weather for a Dolphin!:fishing: Lets go fishing and put that PHIN in a frying pan!!!

Wow look at the weather for the next game. Going to be interesting. Never been to a game and it rained on me. The temps look great.
Sun
Oct 12
38.gif

Scattered T-Storms

76°
58°

60%

I was looking above my head at the game, so see if I was covered for rain. We are just barely covered, so if it does rain it needs to fall straight down, or the wind need to be blowing away from the shady side.

Here Comes The Sun

( G. Harrison )

Here comes the sun,
Here comes the sun,
And I say "It's all right"

Little darling, it's been a long, hot sweltering summer.
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here.

Here comes the sun,
Here comes the sun,

Little darling, the smile returning to their faces.
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here.

Here comes the sun,

Here comes the sun,

Sun, sun, sun here it comes.

Little darling, I feel that the worm is turning.
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear.

Here comes the sun,
Here comes the sun,
And I say "It's all right,
It's all right,
It's all right"

:whistle:

Bring it on!! All the guys will get an extra bonus, IF all the gals wear tee shirts!

You are always welcome up in our neck of the woods. Gridiron, Tx might be a bit higher than you are used to, and your nose might bleed, but I assure you that you will never be in the sun and will never have to suffer through unbearable heat.

We will down there with you against the Bengals, God willing! Rain or shine, cold or hot, we plan to endure and lose our voices with the rest of you crazy Bull Pen fanatics. :redtowel:

I'm really concerned about the rain. If it rains in the stadium and the field gets really muddy, I am VERY concerned about the metal corners of the trays. It seems to me that these could literally cut deeply into some of the players. It just doesn't sound to safe to me...

I will take the rain any day over the heat. I am still in shock that they didn't plan it so that the bull pen gets the comfort and shade. Crazy!! It will be interesting to see what most of the fans do when it starts raining.

:woot2:

Grandma in a wet t-shirt contest!!!

:shetexan:
:worthless:

That's one pic of me you'll NEVER get my friend!!! Most of the guys in our group perfer the gals in halter tops anyway! Halter tops and tee's were my style about 40 yrs ago, but, I can assure you, the stadium would be empty if they had to endure G'MA in a wet tee!!:scarygirl:

Oh dear, it is a good thing Diapher lives out of state.

Good news, the front with the rain is supposed to be delayed until Tuesday. Looking good for gameday.

Oh dear, it is a good thing Diapher lives out of state.

Good news, the front with the rain is supposed to be delayed until Tuesday. Looking good for gameday.

I heard temperatures in the 90s.

I think the clouds were the MVP of the last game. /seats in the sun

Rain could be a real bad thing on that field! Has anyone been onthe playing surface in the last few years? I had an oppurtunity to walk the field a few games into the season three years ago and was shocked at how soft it was, reminded me of walking on a putting green. The surface may be different now but I cant imagine trying to make cuts or even get footing to block on that field if it get s agood soaking.

Back