Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hey Bob McNair! Do you still think this team is on the right track?

Unbeknown to many, McNair has had an "iron hand" with decisions on all levels. Unlike Jerry Jones, it has been kept relatively low profile............separate from the facade the public sees.

If so, then I expect many in the Texas Front Office and Coaching Staff will be deservedly suffering from crushed testicles this week.

Here's what I thought of when I heard the Texans were "On the Right Track"....

on_the_right_track.jpg

If so, then I expect many in the Texas Front Office and Coaching Staff will be deservedly suffering from crushed testicles this week.

Unfortunately, there is no one there to crush his.........unless it's we fans.
Jerry Jones lives and dies with what he says and does. McNair in the past hasn't typcially said much for people to know what he thinks, and has not been overtly associated with much of anything that actually happens with coaching and player decisions.

Andre didn't "make this bed" (he's being forced to lie in it, but he certainly didn't make it) and in no way in hell did Andre think he was never going to win when he signed that contract. He believed in the team and he believes in this franchise, that's why he signed.

If we can't turn this around, I'd certainly be open to traded Andre Johnson to a winner.

I guess I'm not allowed to rep you anymore. Thank you for setting the record straight.

Andre didn't "make this bed" (he's being forced to lie in it, but he certainly didn't make it) and in no way in hell did Andre think he was never going to win when he signed that contract. He believed in the team and he believes in this franchise, that's why he signed.

If we can't turn this around, I'd certainly be open to traded Andre Johnson to a winner.

Agree. Here is a guy that was loyal and who has played through a tough injury...not only played but played well. He probably expected this to be the year. But what can you do when the coach and GM blow picks, put a bad product defense wise on the field and dont' take advantage of your stregths to start games on offense. I honestly though, starting with the Titan game, that the Texans would start running a 60 minute hurry up and that woould be the 3 game strak that would have people saying "see, they will do that next year." But it wasn't surprising to see Kubes not change and decide to get his butt kick to start a game again. The guy won't learn. He can't adapt. And for that AJ is screwed.

The look on AJ's face during this latest debacle told me that he's about had it. Expect Johnson to request a meeting with McNair after the season.

AJ is getting paid bank by McNair, AJ is comfortable and highly respected in the organization and community, and you can tell AJ is gonna have a sit down with McNair because the look on his face?

okie dokie. If he hasnt bolted yet, I dont see him requesting a trade after inking a contract extension in Houston through 2016.

I'm starting to think that if we don't get a new head coach like Cowher, it will be because he has seen our Owner and Front Office and thought " I can't win here no matter what talent comes through here. These guys are soft!"

I think the only reason Gary might still be here after the season is over is because of the lockout which Bob is a leader of anyway.

I think the only reason Gary might still be here after the season is over is because of the lockout which Bob is a leader of anyway.

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak, this offseason is going to be the worst offseason ever....there will be no hope at all for next season.

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak, than this offseason is going to be the worst offseason ever....there will be no hope at all for next season.

I agree for the most part. Although, if we hire some badass DC things might not be as bad as it sounds now. That said, I don't think I'll be doing any Texans off-season activities. I've been attending the training camps the past several years, but I don't think I'll have it in me to go this year. Sad

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak, than this offseason is going to be the worst offseason ever....there will be no hope at all for next season.
I agree, but the samething just might be holding many teams NFL teams this offseason IMHO.

If McNair doesn't fire Kubiak, this offseason is going to be the worst offseason ever....there will be no hope at all for next season.

Yep, no hope is the mantra of this offseason if Kubiak is retained.

You're right, AJ does deserve to be on a winner. But the choices he made have consequences. Even though this situation with the team stinking up the joint has nothing to do with AJ.

That falls squarely on the shoulders of Uncle BoB.

AJ took McNairs's $$$$ and playing on a crappy team is the price he has to pay.

He made his bed now he has to lie in it. Dont feel sorry for Dre' he knew the score when he signed that big contract.

While I can't argue about AJ's freewill decision to remain in Houston, I can't chastise him for wanting to take the respectable route of winning with the team that drafted him instead of becoming a mercenary on the free market. It is admirable, and I can't help but want good things for the guy.

Unfortunately, his optimism and hope for this franchise has not been rewarded, but certainly not because of his performances. He is the only thing that is making this team respectable on any level, and if/when he's had enough and moves on (just a matter of time with the way things are going), I will wish him the best and root for wherever he goes with the exception of the Titans or Cowboys.

I agree for the most part. Although, if we hire some badass DC things might not be as bad as it sounds now. That said, I don't think I'll be doing any Texans off-season activities. I've been attending the training camps the past several years, but I don't think I'll have it in me to go this year. Sad

The next badass coach that the Texans hire will be the first badass coach in franchise history. The M.O. of Bob McNair is clearly coming into focus now and is defining inept.

I will wish him the best and root for wherever he goes with the exception of the Titans or Cowboys.

Honestly, I'd probably still root for him no matter what team he played for, even if he was a Titan and a Cowboy. I just want to see the guy win, he deserves to be rewarded (on the field) for all his hard work. Losing year after year after year after year after year after year after year has to be maddening.

Honestly, I'd probably still root for him no matter what team he played for, even if he was a Titan and a Cowboy. I just want to see the guy win, he deserves to be rewarded (on the field) for all his hard work. Losing year after year after year after year after year after year after year has to be maddening.

You know, you're probably right. I like AJ as a person and as a player. And after dedicating his prime career years to this inept franchise, I can't root against the guy wherever he might end up.

Hey Bob McNair! Do you still think this team is on the right track?

Bob: (Counts his money) "Yes"

QFT.

My buddy Jungle Bob nailed it yesterday while watching the game. He said "McNair wants to win, but losing doesn't bother him too much. There is always next year."

And this is what we fans have to understand. Losing bothers us a LOT more than it apparently bothers McNair. Win or lose, he makes a ton of profit for his investment. So if winning comes later so it can be under his preordained conditions, then the consolation prize of millions of dollars is still a good thing (to him).

I don't think McNair can justify keeping Kubiak next year (even with an impending lockout)

AJ deserves to have a new coach in Cowher to elevate this team to the next level - postseason/playoffs

Señor Stan;1613796 said:
Here's what I thought of when I heard the Texans were "On the Right Track"....

on_the_right_track.jpg

If Kubiak stays the "Engineer" on this "Railroad" then the Texans are headed to a bad place.

Latvia-train_1209758i.jpg

"The only thing that ever consoles man for the stupid things he does is the praise he always gives himself for doing them." -Oscar Wilde

Back