Here's to you, Reggie Bush!

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by swtbound07, Sep 25, 2007.

1. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

Reggie Bush, I salute you.

You are the unquestioned master of the reception for 5 yard loss.

You are the lord of hording goal-line carries. Good for you. Nevermind that your team carried you the other 99 yards, you sir, you EARNED that one.

You are the undisputed master of dropping the wide open screen pass in the end zone. Nobody does it better buddy.

You are a pioneer and an innovator, making us mere mortals bend to your statistical whims, adding up your punt returns, receptions, and occasional rushes to come up with this new stat called "all purpose yards". yes, you have us tricked into thinking 25 punt return yards are equivalent to 25 rushing yards. Nice.

You have the world entranced into thinking you are a first round fantasy player, while in reality the odds of you ever rushing for 100 yards in a game consistently are...nonexistant.

You leap joyously into the stands, celebrating personal glory. You be sure to hang onto that ball buddy, you don't find the end zone very often.

We are all proud of you for not letting your shortcomings effect your performance. We are sympathetic to your needs, and recognize your inability to run up the middle.

The city of new orleans loves you reggie. You have fans everywhere you go. The Visa commercial tells me so.

I just have one small favor to ask, Mr. Reggie Bush, A.K.A. the human highlight reel, glorious player extraordinaire, obviously slighted by the indignity of being picked #2 overall. Just a small request really. Now that Deuce Mcallister is gone (You know, the real football player your team had), perhaps now would be a good time to maybe broaden your horizons. Its okay reggie, you really CAN be more than a decoy. People believe in you. I don't. I think your a worthless pile of dog crap, but hey, i've been wrong before. Go be a 20 carry a game back. I bet it ends great for you! Be a leader...carry your 0-3 team out of the cellar. You can do it Reg! Break a leg! No really....break a leg so the world shuts up about you. Cheers, you insufferable prick.

2. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I love this. ESPN seems to make a conscious effort to prop him up by always listing his all purpose yards when they do it to no one else in the league. Even last night before the game when they were comparing him to LenDale White they showed LenDale's rushing yards and Reggie's all purpose yards so that they would be comparable.

TexanAddict likes this.
  3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

i thought it was funny how reggie pumped the stadium up for when he came in for the punt return. ESPN was saying "here we go!" and then he returned it like what...8 yards?

how is he a "threat to take it to the house everytime he has the ball in his hands" if he...you know....never actually does anything with the ball in his hands? isn't, theoretically, EVERY player a threat to take it to the house when they have the ball? and that's what Bush is...just another football player. nothing special about him whatsoever.

4. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

But the Texans passed on him. Now who is the smart one? Of course espin will never admit how much they trashed the team. I hope I never meet anyone from espin because I seriously would want to spit in there face.

5. TexansLucky13

TexansLucky13 53d Signal Batt

Agreed. It just proves how brainless those people are. Kornheiser specifically. That dude is a complete joke. I can't stand to listen to him at all. At least Jaws has something intelligent to say sometimes.

6. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I can't beleive i am going to say this. But i agree. Was Korheiser still wearing that rediculously flaming pink coat for MNF that i saw on PTI?

As for RB.....i still get asked why i hose the guy so much. What a brilliant decoy he is. Whatever. Last season went to that team's head and they aren't nearly hungry or inspired this year. Payton needed to get the ball to Deuce let teams key on HIS running game and let that open up the passing game for Brees and those set of pretty good receivers. The Saint really missed out this year on going defense in the first round. They really could've used some secondary help.

That said this team can turn it around but they got to realize just because they were Americas sweetheart last year doesn't mean anything this year. "Superman" Reggie this is your time to shine.... ha no really Brees and Payton collectively needs to gather this team up and get them back on track offensively and SOMEONE needs to step up on defense.

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

no reason to bash Kornheiser, he actually brought up that Bush is overrated last night. it was bizarre to hear that on ESPN.

8. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Veteran

And Jaws said yes he is over rated as a running back.

9. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yeah, but then he said "he's an outstanding back." which sort of conflicts with the previous statement of Bush being overrated.

10. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I laughed till I had tears in my eyes....good post SWT...rep your way.

11. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

I noticed this as well, and it honestly makes me sick.

12. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

God i'm glad we took Mario!!!!!!! I never was high on Reggie to begin with....

13. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

yeah swt, you and i have had our differences, but the point about everyone gushing about "all-purpose yards." it's a perfect example of how Bush is deserving ultra-special treatment from the media and the NFL. that's usually followed with statements like "well bush isn't just a runningback, he's a special player and you have to look at his all-purpose yards to see how he truly impacts the game!"

unfortunately, Bush wasn't in the top 20 last year in "all-purpose yards."

14. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

"To all those teams that passed on Reggie Bush (puts on Texans hat) thanks."

15. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

especially if you add in quarterbacks. The yards they throw for should count too.....

I'll admit, Im not fond of you, but at least you've been consistent on the whole Bush thing. I would like some credit, as i've been the same. Im honestly just sick of the guy, and its to the point that im hoping giddily for his leg to snap in a million little pieces everytime he touches the ball.

16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

I would like to add that when I first joined this board I said that Maroney & Adrian Peterson (duh) would be waaaay better backs than Bush & I took a ton of heat for it.

To all those who doubted me: eat crow.

17. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige Veteran

You probably already saw this, but Deuce is probably out for the year with a torn ACL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...bYF?slug=txsaintsmcallister&prov=st&type=lgns

18. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

LMAO @ that post......yeah I can't even stick up for dude anymore....Reggie = a decoy...and not even a great decoy at that (because the more talented you are the better decoy you are).....

19. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Last night was interesting because it sort of put the whole Lendale white vs reggie bush debate to rest.

I always thought bush would be the superstar. Then white comes in and moves the pile 5 yards a carry

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Reggie Bush is the second quickest player to catch 100 receptions. He did in in 19 games, whereas the record is 16 games.

I don't understand the hate for the player. Yeah, he's overrated and overhyped, but that's not his fault. ESPiN always layers on the hyperbole, which is why I hardly ever watch it anymore. NFLN does 100 times a better job of analyzing the NFL, which is the only sport I truly care about. No more sitting through crappy baseball highlights to get a football take.