Here's my philosophy

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by johnny_tlmn, May 29, 2006.

?

Will The Texans Make a run for the Playoffs this Season???

Poll closed Jun 28, 2006.
  1. Yes

45.1%
  2. No

54.9%
  1. johnny_tlmn

johnny_tlmn Guest

I truely think with the additions added in the offseason that we will make a run for the playoffs, I think Gary Kubiak can help David carr get back on track and save this franchise. They have high expectations from me. I think that because we added Eric Moulds it could open up our best WR Andre Johnson. I look to see a good passing game, And with the pick up of Mario Williams an even better defense:twocents: .

2. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

• The Texans have a rookie head coach.
    • The Texans have a rookie offensive coordinator.
    • The Texans are installing a new offense.
    • The Texans are installing a new defense.
    • Both systems are much different than the Texans previous systems.
    • The Texans have had a huge turnover of players.
    • The Texans schedule is tough, especially the beginning.

These are all huge reasons we WON'T be making a playoff run this season. Sure we could if everything falls just right. I just feel it would take too many things to get into the playoffs or even be in the hunt late in the season.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we do get to the playoffs this season. I won't be holding my breath though. :francis:

3. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

You forgot 6 of 8 on the road in the middle of the season or whatever it is....

7-9 would be a banner year all things considered.

4. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

voted no, but I would love for the Texans to prove otherwise :pigfly:

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Agree with some of the other posters. Our season schedule is brutal and we are incorporating new schemes on both sides of the ball. Even with all the new free agents, our team is rather youngish.

Even if you like the talent we have, it has been my experience that inferior talent that is used to a system and playing together usually will beat good talent.

It would be a stunning coaching job if they were able to accomplish a playoff run in year 1 of a new system. Even a lot of established successful coaches have been unable to do that coming to a new team.

Ya just gotta stay chill. Your highs not too high and your lows not too low. :redtowel:

6. Bobo

Bobo Hall of Fame

This team has a long way to go before even thinking about the playoffs. The present regime has already made some personnel mistakes as exemplified in the mystifying waiving of Dave Ragone. Carr was never the problem with this team as shown in 2004, so there really is nothing to get back on track except the OL. Moulds isn't that much of an addition since his #s are steadily going downward as his age increases. Besides, if Carr again can't get the ball away, then it won't matter who is running routes, be it Moulds or Gaffney or Marvin Harrison.

7. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

8. carter08

carter08 truth.

2007 I think we make the playoffs, but not this year

9. Buffi2

Buffi2 Site Contributor

I sincerely hope I'm proved wrong - but I voted no.

While I, personally, not only believe in miracles but rely upon them with great regularity - I think a playoff spot this year would require direct divine intervention from all of the football gods.

10. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

My expectations are 5-6 wins. Anything else would be gravy. As much as I want to be in the playoffs I woud rather enjoy the upside of being incorrect than go through the disappoinment of a repeat of last year.

2007 is the year in my opinion.

11. Waltman

Waltman Rookie

Unless the Texans play with that killer instinct to destroy a team rather than try to keep from losing, we will have a lot of games where we are close but no cigar. We have the talent now it's up the coaching staff to instill the lion heart and belief into the team. Passion and belief in each other and in what they are trying to do. So can the Texans make the playoffs, yes. Will they, only time will tell.:hmmm:

12. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Not yet, I think we will turn things around and be real close to 500, being in the 7-9, 8-8 range. But the good news is to me is that Kubiak is building this team for the long haul and I think starting in 2007 we will be a force to be reckoned with for a long time. :redtowel:
    We will improve, just not quite that fast, from 2-14 to playoffs (which is probably 10-6 or 11-5 in the AFC). I will savor the flavor of every victory this year though. :drool:

13. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Hopefully things start clicking around mid-season to make our push for next seasons playoffs. Wouldn't be mad if we overachieved this year though, but then again expectations would be astronomical the following year. So my answer is no, not this year.

14. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Last year the Texans lost 6 games b y 7 or less points. This means they had a chance to win all 6 of those games. Bad teams will lose all 6, decent teams will will about half, and good teams will win em. So, as a decent team, I expect the Texans to win 3/6 add it to the 2 we won and add 1, so i am thinking 6 wins. That is not playoff challenging but its a solid step forward.

15. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

For all those reasons I say they will.
    Especially this one, is a big reason why we will.

16. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Veteran

Maybe not, maybe we will. But most likely we won't. We most likely might make a .500 season (8-8). The year I think the Texans might make the playoffs is..........2014. :hides: :stirpot:

17. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't think the Texans will make the playoffs, but I voted yes. I believe that up until the last two weeks or so of the season, the Texans will be in the playoff picture. We'll be one of those teams that needs the 2 or 3 teams ahead of them to all lose that last game in order for us to be in, which would naturally make us a long shot. But I believe we'll still have a chance in December.

18. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

Voted yes just because I'm an optimist. If we get help from Indy by losing a few, and we win the close ones.......anything is possible. :redtowel:

19. HOOK'EM

HOOK'EM Veteran

I voted Yes, But Im with TexanSam we should be in it through December.I think we will hit the 9-7 mark this year, just missing a wildcard. Playoff hunt for sure in 07'.:redtowel:

20. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Worked for Atlanta, no?