Help me out with this "Adios Ocho" rumor

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Proteus, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

I didn't get to watch the game today (driving to the in-laws 8 hours away). When I got there, I heard there was was fan in crowd with a sign that said "Adios Ocho", or something like that. Is that true, and did anyone punch him in the face or buy him a beer?
    ~Proteus

2. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

its true. it was a little sign though. and unfortunatly they went back to the game and didnt keep the camera on him the entire 3 hours so i cant answer your other questions.

3. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Yes I saw it. Never underestimate the disapointment at the loss of Vincent. Wasn't there. Didn't buy him a beer. His coins he wants to boo , his right.

4. trublu

trublu Veteran

Yeah, it's true.

But, I'd say it was more like a flyer than a sign. It was on a regular sheet of paper.

5. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

Did the commentators make any remarks about the sign/flyer?
    ~Proteus

6. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

No it was a breif camera shot. "scan the crowd shot" after a comercial.

But WHAT WAS SAID for the second conscecutative week....

Spencer's injury is more than just usual. The term, once again

"CAREER THREATENING" was used and discussed. This isn't coming out of thin air.
    Someone from the Staff is telling these guys this in the meetings.

So where is the freind guy who has seen Charles "running lightly " ?

Inqiring minds want to know.

7. Proteus

Proteus Rookie

a Mole, perhaps?
    ~Proteus

8. 281

281 Hall of Fame

yeah, i definitely saw it. i forgot about it when the game came on though, it was on for maybe 5 seconds.

9. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

This was the 1st game that I couldn't make it to. Due to the death of my Father. But I did watch some of the game on TV and saw the sign. What a jerk is all that I could think of. They mentioned trade rumors and Plummer or I may have just thought that, sorry, wasn't in the right state of mind for football... But remain a die hard Texan Fan...

10. kikiscafe

kikiscafe Rookie

If I remember correctly, the commentators said: "Ocho as refering to number 8", and they did not elaborate more.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

That guy was like 10 seats down from me....it was just a couple of words on a piece of paper...and I don't think it had anything to do with Vince Young threetoepete (your comeback for any Carr banter)....it had to do with David Carr and our awful passing game. It was just a fan mugging for the camera with what he thought was a cute sign...nothing more than that.

12. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Jeez the nerve of that guy. Imagine we used to hang banners, gasp, banners from the Astrodome during games. That was in another time. There was this quaint notion of freedom fo speech that was making the rounds. Really stupid people back then. Freaks.

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

fyi for those who weren't there, there were thousands more in the stands who felt the same way as the sign holder. All you have to do is listen to what's being said.

People are frustrated, and rightfully so. Five three-and-outs and an interception yesterday among the Texans 8 real drives -- against a terrible defense. The Texans could have beaten maybe two teams yesterday -- the Browns and the Raiders. No, it's not all the QBs fault, but a lot of it is. Average play out of the QB position would be an improvement.

Anyone else see the symbolism of the play that ended the Texans last real drive? [3-7-CLV 35 (2:24) 8-D.Carr left end to CLV 42 for -7 yards (95-K.Wimbley).] Naked boot that didn't fool Wimbley -- Carr slippped and fell hard on his butt to end the drive.

14. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

3toepete I am begining to think you have a latent VY Mancrush!

:tease:

15. joedinkle

joedinkle Veteran

I was at the game and didn't see it, but what I did notice was that everytime Carr did something bad, interception, 3 and out, etc, they brought out the Texans Cheerleaders...which I didnt mind.

16. A Texan

A Texan Veteran

It wasn't the only anti-Carr sign they showed. There was a lady holding a sign that said something like "bye-bye Carr" or something like that. When are the Texans going to get the message?

17. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

you didn't see it because it was one sheet of paper held up for a few seconds in a sea of 60 thousand or however many people were there. There were anti-Carr signs all over the place though...you didn't have to look far. The title to this thread is misleading...there is no real "rumor" here other than the rumor some guy held up a small sign that said adios to Carr.

18. Charter PSL Fan

Charter PSL Fan Rookie

The crowd at the Browns game proved their football intellegence by booing the Texans offense for kneeling down at the end with the game won. I guess that option is not on Madden football.

19. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

So true. I was sitting in several sections yesterday (taking advantage of the opportunity to shop for more seats) and the fans were very vocal on Carr...and not to his benefit. The smack yodelers in attendance were not nice.

Yesterday's win was ugly. I don't see it as a win per se, we just sucked less than the Brownies did. Yes, a win is a win is a win...but some are just flat out fugly...like this one.

Dallas lost to Detroit. :tease: Gotta love it!

Browns fans were very cool, nice fans to banter with. :)

20. jayjordan

jayjordan Rookie

No its bad when you dont have enough confidence in your team or QB to get a easy touchdown on the BROWNS. Even when they played the titans what other team or QB would not have tried to march down the field for a field goal or something? No not DC he kneeled it. He has no confidence in self and I doubt his teammates do.