Hello Texans fans, New member here

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by BlackHeart, Mar 27, 2007.

1. BlackHeart

BlackHeart Rookie

Hey guys of course you guys can tell that I'm a Raider fan and I have to give it up to you guys cause this is a nice looking forum you guys got. I'm not a trash talker, troll or whatever else you can come up with. But the reason why I joined this site was to ask if anybody heard the status on David Carr ?
    I know you guys are moving on from Carr but I'm trying to find out if Carr will be the Raiders Future ?

2. BattleRedRaider

BattleRedRaider All Pro

You came in JUST in time!

3. texans83

texans83 All Pro

well what can you offer him?

4. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

Apparently Carr isn't too keen on being a backup or only starting until a new QB is installed in '08, so the Raiders have taken to looking at Josh McCown from DET.

5. BlackHeart

BlackHeart Rookie

Everybody know that the Raiders offense was more than Bad last year but that was mainly because of out of date coaching, scheme. Raiders already have a good defense and I'm sure some of you know that from last season since we went against you guys.

6. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

And remember, you guys kept us to -5 net passing yards. Now, some of that is because you guys have a great defense, some of that is because our offensive line had problems, but some of that is because Carr isn't particularly quick or decisive with the ball. He's also got a low release point, so he has issues with batted balls.

He is, however, durable as hell. You knock him down and he'll get back up. But you let him get knocked down a few times, and he starts feeling the rush even when it's not there. He can be very accurate on short throws but his long ball is a bit of a rainbow that frequently turns into a jump ball.

If you fix your offensive line, he could be good OR he might be damaged from all the abuse he took here. We just really don't know for sure.

7. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

Welcome aboard, in a few days they are doing a server shift so be prepared to register again.

Maybe Carr can resurrect his career somewhere...but I don't think he is all that intent on playing football unless he gets a situation extremely in his favor. Kind of aggravates me because its hard to imagine he was ever really working to be the best QB he could in Houston.

8. BlackHeart

BlackHeart Rookie

Is it true that Carr will end up in Carolina? How reliable is Hulk ?

9. afcman

afcman Veteran

Yeah.....I......HATE.....THAT!!!!!

But it's kind of funny because I was about to post a thread about making a new texans website. I just hope it's not too cluttered like some teams sites are.

Anyway, welcome. :redtowel:

10. texans83

texans83 All Pro

yea but everything is just kind of up in the air right now. Hulk has been pretty reliable so we will just have to wait and see.

11. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

David's brother, so take it for what it's worth.

12. BlackHeart

BlackHeart Rookie

I seen He's avatar and thought that it meant that Carr is headed to the Panthers since it got Peppers on there.

13. texans83

texans83 All Pro

he said something like that but I dont really know. All he said was that Carr itleast gets to pick and choose where he is going to go. They had a report on the radio here in houston this morning that Carr was going to retire so who knows what he is going to do.

14. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

I don't think anyone knows where he's going to end up, yet. I think Oakland is still a possibility at least because Carr's family are supposed to be Raiders fans (prior to him coming to Houston.)

Hulk is supposed to be Carr's brother. He's been right about some things and wrong about some other things. Prior to the Schaub pick up, he had said that there was a trade in place between the Raiders and the Texans but that the Texans were dragging their feet on it. If that were true, I'm surprised they didn't pull the trigger on that and announce Schaub and Carr at the same time.

15. jdog

jdog All Pro

Hulk also said that Carr would be starting for the Texans this year. I'm not trying to dis him, but obviously there are surprises in this league even for those with connections.

16. freedoggy77

freedoggy77 Veteran

do you REALLY want carr as a raider? i mean your O-Line is worse than ours, and around here thats saying something.

17. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

Yeah be very careful what you ask for.

18. BlackHeart

BlackHeart Rookie

lol Our O-line was bad last year but I think they will be better this year since we have a real O-line coach this time in Tom Cable. Last year we had three different o-line coaches teaching three different things and one of them never coached in their life lol. It was bad but we signed C Jeremy Newberry and hopefully he stays healthy and call all the right checks at the line and we suppose to get more help on the line also.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

What do the Radiers plan on doing with Gallery, the Radier games I did see this year............he was flat out awful

20. tsip

tsip Hall of Fame

Hulk reliable? Can you name 1 thing he was right about that only he knew? Hulk guaranteed that David would be the starter on opening day '07. Hulk said 20 teams wanted David!! Please-am sure it's just me-but 1 thing Hulk was right about,,,thanks