Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hello mediocrity, my old friend....

Texans are 4-4 and in the basement again....
They had visions of tha playoffs....
but not when the defense takes Sundays off...
And Schaub keeps throwing picks...
Some for 6...
and now the fans are caught...
in the sound of silence....

RIP Texans....

DexmanC

Hall of Fame
I don't wanna hear about how hard they "battled."

The Chargers were missing so many key offensive players, there
was no excuse for this loss.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
4-4, and no playoffs this year. I seriously doubt the Texans can pull off a 7-1 finish to the season. Da Soap is out.

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
Texans are 4-4 and in the basement again....
They had visions of tha playoffs....
but not when the defense takes Sundays off...
And Schaub keeps throwing picks...
Some for 6...
and now the fans are caught...
in the sound of silence....

RIP Texans....
That's pretty good. I kept trying to sing it to the music of the old Simon & Garfunkel tune "Sound of Silence"

OzzO

.. and then?
Hmm... I going along with "seasons in the sun" by Terry Jacks (one hit wonder)

cain78749

Practice Squad
I don't wanna hear about how hard they "battled."

The Chargers were missing so many key offensive players, there
was no excuse for this loss.
C'mon now, they may have had a few injuries, but we played real well for a team with a HC's brain on the PUP list.

2slik4u

Veteran
Man your not lying. It seems like it wasnt long ago when we were talking about being first in the division, making the playoffs, and "finally turning the corner".

Now we are back at .500. We as fans do not deserve another season like this.

Ive already cashed this season in and started dreaming of next year. I just really hope for two things next year:

1) a great first rounder that immediately makes an impact......somewhat reminiscent of Cushings impact from last year

&

2) a new head coach.

I will tell you this, once you go from expecting to win to expecting to lose, it makes the losses a little easier to handle.

Ive now become just another jaded, cynical Texan fan......but still a fan nonetheless.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Man your not lying. It seems like it wasnt long ago when we were talking about being first in the division, making the playoffs, and "finally turning the corner".

And if the Colts lose today, we're still "only" one game out of first.

The division is tight. The conference is tight. Let's not be stupid. Anything can happen.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
He said ANYTHING can happen, like maybe Christmas coming REAL early. Maybe he won't be our coach come Monday.
Well if anything can happen......the only thing that's going to save this season is if McNair craps out a legit NFL head coach, because currently Houston doesn't have a real head coach down at Kirby Dr. What they currently have is Jason Garrett with head coach authority.

WANTED: NFL head coach.

drewmar74

disgruntled
At noon I found out that through a programming error, I was getting the movie "Colors" instead of the game.

I was pissed.

I took my 7 year old son trout fishing instead of watching another game. He learned to 'tightline' today and boated three nice white trout. It was a beautiful afternoon on the water.

I come back to this.....

I've never been so thankful for a programming error ever.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
I guess this board is a window into the city's mindset.

Whatever, then.
What's the definition of insanity?

and yet people (McNair and some fans) still hold on to false hope of "Stupiak" figuring it out. It's not going to happen....the past 3 1/2 seasons have been the same shitty rerun. It's time to get some new "writers" in here and maybe the show will get better.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
What's the definition of insanity?

and yet people (McNair and some fans) still hold on to false hope of "Stupiak" figuring it out. It's not going to happen....the past 3 1/2 seasons have been the same shitty rerun. It's time to get some new "writers" in here and maybe the show will get better.
Yeah, maybe.

Then if another coach comes in and does the same ****, what will we blame it on?

eriadoc

Texan-American
5-3 this time last season and missed the playoffs. 4-4 this season, and yet to be determined. Can't say there's much cause for optimism, to be honest.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
5-3 this time last season and missed the playoffs. 4-4 this season, and yet to be determined. Can't say there's much cause for optimism, to be honest.
And last season we had a cupcake schedule compared to this one. Yet McNair was more than happy to extend the dumbass, despite the "Playoffs or bust" proclamation.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Yeah, maybe.

Then if another coach comes in and does the same ****, what will we blame it on?
We'll blame it on him being a shitty head coach, because if he does the same exact crap that Kubiak has pulled, that's exactly what he'll be... A shitty head coach and like Kubiak, he'll need to be shown the door also.

This team needs a real head coach, not patty cake football man who has to be the smartest man in the room and somehow has managed to construct possibly the softest football team in the history of the NFL.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
We'll blame it on him being a shitty head coach, because if he does the same exact crap that Kubiak has pulled, that's exactly what he'll be... A shitty head coach and like Kubiak, he'll need to be shown the door also.

This team needs a real head coach, not patty cake football man who has to be the smartest man in the room and somehow has managed to construct possibly the softest football team in the history of the NFL.
Well, let's hope it happens then.

This reminds me so much of the Braves board. Everyone busted Bobby Cox's balls, even for games that werent his fault.

I'm not so quick to blame Kubiak for this one. Last week, sure. Oh well.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

This reminds me so much of the Braves board. Everyone busted Bobby Cox's balls, even for games that werent his fault.

Did you just compare Kubes to Bobby Cox? :spit:

Now I've heard it all. Lol!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Did you just compare Kubes to Bobby Cox? :spit:

Now I've heard it all. Lol!
No. Can you read? I said this board reminds me of the FANS on the Braves board I'm on, blaming the coach for EVERYTHING, even when its not his fault.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
No. Can you read? I said this board reminds me of the FANS on the Braves board I'm on, blaming the coach for EVERYTHING, even when its not his fault.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!
Which was a comparison of how both team's fans reacted to their HC's, and you made the silly mistake of trying to criticize what you thought was an over reaction of what fans think of Kubiak's performance to what Braves fans criticisms of a bonafied HOF coach in Bobby Cox who had been a proven commodity as the head chief in charge early in his tenure to a Denver OC that somehow got a head coaching gig over here and has been a total fail since he got here. Kubes has done nothing to deserve any benefit of the doubt since he's been here. A HC that's proven a whole lot early on gets more slack and gets more confidence even in down times. A HC that has proven nothing and constantly shows signs that he's soft and lacking a winning edge gets none of that. You should have never made that comparison. Very disrespectful to Cox.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
Which was a comparison of how both team's fans reacted to their HC's, and you made the silly mistake of trying to criticize what you thought was an over reaction of what fans think of Kubiak's performance to what Braves fans criticisms of a bonafied HOF coach in Bobby Cox who had been a proven commodity as the head chief in charge early in his tenure to a Denver OC that somehow got a head coaching gig over here and has been a total fail since he got here. Kubes has done nothing to deserve any benefit of the doubt since he's been here. A HC that's proven a whole lot early on gets more slack and gets more confidence even in down times. A HC that has proven nothing and constantly shows signs that he's soft and lacking a winning edge gets none of that. You should have never made that comparison. Very disrespectful to Cox.
Overreaction of both groups of fans to blame either in seemingly every single ****ing circumstance. Seriously, unless you're a Braves fan too, and you know which board I'm talking about, then you have no reason to talk about my statement.

I'm comparing the fans, not the coaches.

Oh man....ohhhhhhhh man.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame

A team is a reflection of their coach......our mistakes and miscues start at the top and trickle their way down to the football field. He made a ton of mistakes today and like he says "it's his fault" after every loss. At this point I don't even care if it's correct or not....if you say it enough times, people are going to start believing you and frankly I'm tired of hearing the B.S.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Overreaction of both groups of fans to blame either in seemingly every single ****ing circumstance. Seriously, unless you're a Braves fan too, and you know which board I'm talking about, then you have no reason to talk about my statement.

Oh man....ohhhhhhhh man.
??? LMAO, Nobody is overreacting here.

3 1/2 seasons isn't long enough for you to start noticing the smell that's coming from Kirby dr?

Seriously, people are acting like Kubiak is a winning coach that's just now having a bad year. THIS IS KUBIAK...this is what Kubiak has been his entire time here...a mediocre coach who makes some dumbass play calls (not just today or this game, but his entire career here)

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
??? LMAO, Nobody is overreacting here.

3 1/2 seasons isn't long enough for you to start noticing the smell that's coming from Kirby dr?

Seriously, people are acting like Kubiak is a winning coach that's just now having a bad year. THIS IS KUBIAK...this is what Kubiak has been his entire time here...a mediocre coach who makes some dumbass play calls (not just today or this game, but his entire career here)
Beating a dead horse. Taking EVERYTHING the team does and then laying the blame at his feet. Today was NOT Kubiak's fault. LAST WEEK WAS his fault. The blowout against the Giants WAS his fault. The Cowboys game WAS his fault.

You can't just take EVERYTHING the team does and somehow twist it into some sordid criticism of Kubiak, or like the Braves fans do, of Cox.

Just like you say it's the same thing every week with the team, it's the same thing every week with the fans.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Beating a dead horse. Taking EVERYTHING the team does and then laying the blame at his feet. Today was NOT Kubiak's fault. LAST WEEK WAS his fault. The blowout against the Giants WAS his fault. The Cowboys game WAS his fault.

You can't just take EVERYTHING the team does and somehow twist it into some sordid criticism of Kubiak, or like the Braves fans do, of Cox.

Just like you say it's the same thing every week with the team, it's the same thing every week with the fans.
LMAO, this post reminds me of this guy.

So last week was his fault, but somehow when he comes out in the second half passing it's not?

Seriously, spare us the "you're overreacting" spill, because that's complete bullcrap. This is the NFL and 5 seasons is a eternity.....as in plenty of time to get your team to the playoffs, this is now year 6.

There is no overreacting here. Frustration sure, but overreaction..hell no. What kind of heat do you think good ol' Gary would be getting if he coached somewhere like NY. Patty cake Gary has it made in this town, mainly because the fans/owner have been too patient with his ass and aren't "reacting" enough.

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
I've already gone through the whole "second half passing" ****.

I'm done with you, and the board for a little while.

I can't take post-game bullshit.

DexmanC

Hall of Fame

Where is the comparison between Bobby Cox and Kubiak coming from?

What exactly about their careers are analogous?

fiasco west

All Pro
Don't worry...Indy will probably have loss 4 by next week anyway. If not, no doubt they lose at NE.
I agree, I really don't think they have it this year especially with all the injuries...with that said I see Tennesse winning the division (sigh....) but still...9-7 may be able to win this division this season with the tough schedule handed out to the AFCS.

So mediocrity may be able to win the division.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame

Oh man....ohhhhhhhh man.
Ah poor baby got so angry that I pointed out how ridiculous that comparison of Kubes to Cox was that you had to NEG REP me for it. Lol!

That's really really weak. Comparing a HOF coach to one that hasn't even proven that he can reach the first round of the post season in Stupiak was about as far as anyone could reach in trying to defend Kubes. Cox owned the National League for a decade. Stupiak has owned our division as being the most losing HC in it since his tenure started. :mariopalm:

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Finally we can play some fimilar foes thats not teh COlts

the jags are tough like i said its going to be WW3 but i think we can sweep the jags this year

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And last season we had a cupcake schedule compared to this one. Yet McNair was more than happy to extend the dumbass, despite the "Playoffs or bust" proclamation.
"Playoffs or bust", "Playoffs or bust"...how did McNair phrase that? I'm just curious if he's a so-called man of his word, provided that he phrased it in a way that doesn't have a loophole.... :hmmm: