Hello? A little respect please?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Blake, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Blake

Blake MMQB

As you all probably know, NFL.com does a rookie of the week award. I would like to point out who is on the ballot, and who was left off...again...

[​IMG]
    "Chris Gamble, Carolina CB
    Recorded six tackles and one interception in the Panthers’ 35-10 victory over the Arizona Cardinals. Gamble’s interception, his second in as many games, came in the fourth quarter on third and one from the Carolina one yard-line."

[​IMG]
    Dunta Robinson
    Recorded 8 tackles and one interception in the Texans loss 16-13 to the GreenBay Packers. -DC_ROCK

***Note: Gamble picked one off of Shaun King, who was playing for McCown. Dunta got one off of Brett Favre. A pro bowl QB, and soon to be hall of famer. And he has 2 more tackles.

Now, can ANYONE tell me why Gamble is on, and Dunta is off?

2. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Well, just another case of no respect. And unfortunatley, with losing in front of a national audience...it just got worse.

3. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

im sick of him not getting any props from people around the NFL. there has to be someone we can email about this.

....this angers me

4. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

yeah that int D.Robinson got was good,,,good throw by B.Farve and everything D.Rob just made an heads up play . A. Glenn's was also nice ! Well let them not notice Robinson means a suprise for opposing QBs !

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

It's not fair, but good players on losing teams don't get as much credit. It's that way in every sport (usually).

6. Genuine

Genuine Rookie

We lost and Panthers won, basically.

7. TexanExile

TexanExile A New Hope

And Dunta's performance came after everyone else was done playing. Nobody saw it during their halftime shows, or NFL Prime Time, etc.....

Is it right? No WAY. But I'm not surprised. Losing team + back-to-back blowouts + Sunday night game = little attention.

8. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Favre hung that one up for grabs to a #4 WR from his own 43 on a 3rd and 17. It was basically a punt with hopes that he could draw an interference call. Dunta made a nice play but it wasn't deserving of an award IMO.

That said, I'm very impressed with Dunta's speed, quickness, coverage ability, and open field tackling ability. He has lived up to top ten expectations even though many thought he shouldn't be a top ten pick.