Hee Hee Hee... (DL ranked 31st)

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by phan1, Jul 31, 2006.

1. phan1

phan1 All Pro

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5819844

I'm going to be so psyched once this DL starts terrorizing everyone in the NFL. Hopefully, training camp has told us our DL is damn good, not that our Oline is really, reallyl crappy. I can't wait til the season starts. :cool:

On a side note, I can't believe we don't get a night game this season! ARGH! I don't understand why, cause aren't we in the top 5 in the league as money-making is concerned. Even if we are projected to be a bad team, there is no way we are a ratings killer if we are 5th in money. Hey, even the 49ers get a night game. OK, someone at ESPN was not smart in giving us 2 ESPN night games last year, both of which were blowouts. But that doesn't mean you have to cut us off completely! We should have at least 1!

2. 281

281 Hall of Fame

yeah, weaver doesnt have a lof left in the tank.

what a tool... he's not even all that old.

3. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Ok, I could maybe understand why we are 31st if they actually gave us some info, but they don't. The Texans have the shortest write up of any team and they don't give you anything to base their ranking on. What a joke.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

It's based on 2-14. No real thought put into it at all. That's how they evaluate everything and every detail is last year's record.

5. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

okay, not to be OVERLY negative here, but they may have a point in that ranking

I submit the following

Mario Williams is a rookie. The learning curve from the ncaa to the nfl is huge. To expect him to contribute a great deal this year is VERY optimistic at best, and foolish at worst.

Anthony Weaver- If I understand correctly, he was a defensive end in baltimore that will now be playing defensive tackle. No matter how similar the position, it will take him some time to adjust, so THIS year he might not be very effective

Antwaan Peek/Jason Babin- Have both been bounced back and forth from position to position...putting them back on the end will take time to adjust

Travis Johnson- While i feel as if he is overly critiqued on this board, he hasn't shown much at all, and to expect him to do anything much would be like expecting bennie joppru to become antonio gates

Seth Payne- A great defensive lineman, WHEN HEALTHY. Injury has to be a concern with this guy

Overall line cohesiveness. These guys haven't played these positions together as a unit, so they wont be able to do some of the things a stroud/henderson or peppers/buckner team can do. It takes time. Do i think we have the personel on the d-line in place? Yes, i think so. I just think this year they might struggle....maybe we shouldnt be ranked 31, but i can see us being very low.

TexanFan881 likes this.
  6. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

It's OK! Let them rank the TEXANS low, then we'll prove them wrong! :hunter: :crutch: :superman: !

7. ocd

ocd Rookie

31st?

31st?

that's BULLSH:T!!!

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

If you think opposing Offensive coordinators view the Texans D-Line to be as poor as this guy .... I got news for you . Teams are going to have to account for each and every one , you cant double them all .... the Texans LB's and DB's should reap the rewards sewn by the DL .

9. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Why beleive any of the rankings these people put out?

10. bruski

bruski Rookie

I think really all that matters is what our ranking is at the end of this season not at the start of this season.

The D and O line have not seen any action and on last years performance you really cannot expect to be above where we are now.

11. ocd

ocd Rookie

hey broussardsaint,

Shouldn't you be out rebuilding your city? And 8 and 8 for you guys last year won't be bested this year or next...good pick with Reggie Bush and you still can't be better than mediocre.

:superman:

FILO_girl likes this.
  12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Actually, I don't think the rankings EVER matter.

13. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

It's like :poker: .

14. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

Hey- Very annoying trolling AINT's fan, what's with all the name calling!!!??? Aren't you guys happy you got Reggina Bush (your part time player) you should thank us for giving her...him to you! Sheesh, really ungrateful! I think you have nothin' better to do but pick a fight here! PLEASE GO AWAY! :hunter: :chicken:

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Ehhh , the Aints fan is stuck in a division w/ Tampa Bay , Atlanta and Carolina ....All of which were .500 or better last season , Tough division . Dont think I'd be trolling those teams boards either if I was an Aints fan.
    On the other hand , the Texans were the ONLY team out of 32 that had a worse record than the Aints ..... likely target to be picked on.

:shoot:

16. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

LOL! It's OK! I'm just tryin' to get your goat! You know your always welcome here to post yer view, pls fire away!

17. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

LOL! :spy: I hope you guys have a great year!

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Jealous of Louisiana ? You must be joking ? .... Its a swamp . New Orleans is sinking into the gulf .... Mosquito's bigger than those here in Texas (Thats BIG) , Your stadium was flooded with ....Ewww whats that smell ? and has a leaky roof , not to mention your team has always been horrible . And ya gave a Running Back 54 million to split time w/ Duece . Yeah , we're jealous !:cool:

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

don't flatter yourself with the Saints mentioned.. it is just an extension of RB talk, started with USC and ended with Saints.. BTW someone pulled up some other boards on another thread..It isn't just us talking about Reggie

20. TK_Gamer

TK_Gamer Hall of Fame

actually since ota's we usually only talk about bush when you come in here and bring it up over and over , thats why we have so many posts, quit clogging up our board with that !

edit : and as for the (god)..yer gonna see how mortal he is after about the 3rd big hit from an nfl safety, ask brian westbrook. another part time , try to reach the edge speed back