Heart Attack Hotel

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by PockyAF, Sep 19, 2010.

1. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Some things never change.

Once again we pulled a rabbit out of the hat and came out victorious when we had no business winning the game. The amazing AJ catch. The Mario sack at the end of regulation. The Kubiak timeout to ice the kicker. Truly amazing game from players to coaches, hell even the waterboy.

If there was a game that we deserve to win, this one was it, by a long mile. Heart, commitment, determination, you name it, our teams got it.

Never doubt the Heart of The Champion(Of regular season)!

REVISE: Oh, and i just got to give Kubiak some more credit. I cannot emphasize how well he is using his TO in major situations, going back to last week on the on-side kick. he ultimately saved our asses today, but put us in our situation as well.

We have to remember that Rackers was diagnosed with kidney stones just recently, and that he missed a FG at 47. Just try to think what was going through Kubiak mind when he was making that decision before passing judgement.

Well, it doesn't matter what people thinks, because I know Kubiak is the BOSS.

2. Ranger Tom

Ranger Tom Hall of Fame

"Heart attack" indeed. My hands are shaking so much it's hard to type this. Coming back from an awful first-quarter performance shows that never-say-die attitude we saw at the end of last season is still with the team.

3. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

seriously... the bottoms of my feet are raw from all that damn pacing.

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Hall of Fame

What a nice feeling to be on the other side on one of these games... last season we`d been the team who would look great all game long, but without a running game. Then a couple of mistakes (blocked kick, allowing the AJ catch, missed FG in OT) and all of a sudden the other team comes back from 17 points down and wins the game.

We really need to work with our secondary (like I´ve already pointed out last week)... I don`t know what was wrong with our pass protection, last season it was exceptional, so I guess they just had a down game. Other than that I think we look really good - I´d like us to run the ball a little more next week (although Schaub is on my FF team and pretty much saved me today - after killing me last week).

5. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I think this game took two years off my life, but hey, two and oooooo baby!

6. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

These are the kind of games that wear me out and give me a headache.

I finally found my lucky spot on the sofa. I shifted down to the end of the sofa at halftime and I believe that was the difference in the game.

Señor Stan and Carr Bombed like this.
  7. Overalls

Overalls Hall of Fame

Wow, wow, wow. What an amazing game. We actually came back on some one when we were 17 points down instead of the other way around. Two games don't make a season but man this is a different team than we have ever had. Wow.:clap:

8. Scooter

Scooter Funky

i dont know whether to laugh or cry or puke or pass out and hope it all wasnt a wonderful dream ... wow. it'll probably be tuesday before i stop shaking.

9. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

Personally, I was watching the game on slingbox, in the most horrendous definition ever. Luckily, the Jets/Pats game switched to our game, and I ditched the stream and went HD on my Samsung.

A few plays after the switch, Kubiak called the TO to ice the kicker, and the rest is history.

Some people might think superstition is ridiculous; but hey, whatever works. Our personal "adjustments" might have just aligned the planets at the right moment for all we know. :good:

10. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Where does this come from?

11. TexansBlood

TexansBlood The CUSH!

Just got a EKG done!

Dr. said im good for now and to young to be worried about heart attacks!

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

They mentioned it during the game.

13. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

According to the commentators, he passed some stones this week.

14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Ian Eagle reported after the missed FG that Rackers had passed kidney stones this week.

Didn't see Rackers on the injury report.

15. PockyAF

PockyAF Site Contributor

I think one of the commentators said it, in the first quarter, after Rackers miss the FG. I might of been mistaken however, but I distinctively remember them making a comment and then Dan Fouts saying something along the line of "Ouch, he must in serious pain. I'm surprised he's even playing today".

Again, I might be mistaken and he was talking about someone else. Plus my slingbox is utter crap and the audio is trash.

I'm never had kidney stones, nor knew anyone that has. So if you can shed some light on how painful it is, Doc, it would be great. :)

16. CloakNNNdagger

So you got a clear bill of health from your dermatologist?:thumbup

17. ChrisG

ChrisG Road Fan

awesome win. I dont put that miss on Rackers. Anyone see the hold. It was terrible.

18. CloakNNNdagger

Thanks for everyone's responses. Unless he still has stones that haven't passed, he should not be experiencing pain or other symptoms that should affect his performance. Hopefully, he's attended to the source of his stone creation so that it doesn't keep happening.

19. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

OMG, stressful. I am hoarse for sure!!!!!

20. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Really? Once again? What Texans team have you been watching since '02?

Personally, I'm ecstatic to finally be on the right side of one of these.