Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HBO's Hard Knocks 2014 -- Atlanta Falcons

Playoffs

Hall of Fame
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
HBO's Hard Knocks will be done this summer with...the Atlanta Falcons.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
COO of @NFLFilms Howard Katz thanked the #Falcons for “allowing us unprecedented access into their training camp.” Always a good sign.

The #Falcons volunteered for Hard Knocks, I’m told. They had an out, making the playoffs 2 years ago. They chose to be in.

Hard Knocks Episode 1 Recap: The Boring Crusade
This year it's the Atlanta Falcons, a team that in the post-Michael Vick era balanced consistent success with a ferocious amount of boredom until injuries and coaching imploded the team in 2013. Since 2007 the Falcons have been intentionally boring because of the gaffes during the Vick era and before, and this boredom is rooted in head coach Mike Smith, possibly the league's most boring head coach (and yes we've seen Joe Philbin being interviewed).

Ouch.

In my household Bellichik is the undisputed champion of boredom. If I want my baby to sleep in a hurry I'll put on a Bellichik interviews.

Didn't really think it was that boring, but Hard Knocks can make any football team look interesting.

But yeah, they won't ever top covering the Rex Ryan led Jets.

I didn't think it was boring at all. Sure Mike Smith isn't the most charismatic guy, but it's really about the interactions between the players that I like to see. And it was cool seeing Steven Jackson trying to be a leader (I don't know how genuine it was) and watching the rookies try to find their footing.

A lot better than last year's, probably because the Falcons are less of a garbage fire than the 'Phins.

Jerry's retirement and the Osi/Roddy White talk were both very powerful.

A lot better than last year's, probably because the Falcons are less of a garbage fire than the 'Phins.

Jerry's retirement and the Osi/Roddy White talk were both very powerful.

Last year was the Bengals.

The first episode of this season was good.

I used to be against the Texans getting on the show, but I've really started to change my mind over the past few years. I'd love to get that kind of access to the team

I just realized Harry Douglas and Toney Douglas were brothers...

I kept thinking about how much they looked alike, so I googled it...

images

What was funny is watching Mike Smith try and hold back his cursing. He does it, but it seems like it is slipping out instead of flying out because he knows they are filming....

I've watched both episodes and have found both to be very boring. I think it's because, overall, I find the Falcons to be a very boring football team. And there's something about that head coach that's very Kubiak-ish. He talks about how everyone thinks they're soft and that they have to prove they're not soft, but doesn't realize that sports teams often are a reflection of the head coach...

I've watched both episodes and have found both to be very boring. I think it's because, overall, I find the Falcons to be a very boring football team. And there's something about that head coach that's very Kubiak-ish. He talks about how everyone thinks they're soft and that they have to prove they're not soft, but doesn't realize that sports teams often are a reflection of the head coach...

spoken like a true Saints fan....:kitten:

Gonna be interesting what the commentary by the Falcons will be after Clowney's hit on Smith...

Bryan Cox should be good...

I wonder if they'll talk about it at all. In fact, I'll be surprised if it's anything more than one of several highlights illustrating the Falcons' poor play.

they look soft...and I'd say the fans up in Atlanta will not be happy this year. Their bookend tackles both looked awful and I think one of them blew out his knee Saturday. I don't think they will collapse, but their season is going to be full of fail methinks.

Hell yes.

Meanwhile Bierman's wife looks like she could be his mom.

Falcons look very soft. At least Mike Smith looks better than the Bengals coach last year, who appeared to be carried by Zimmer and Gruden.

Smith just seems too laid back to me, he makes Kubiak look like Bill Cowher.

I loved the part last night when the special teams coach was ripping the team a new one for that blocked punt. :littlelol:

Hell yes.

Meanwhile Bierman's wife looks like she could be his mom.

Falcons look very soft. At least Mike Smith looks better than the Bengals coach last year, who appeared to be carried by Zimmer and Gruden.

Yep. As I said weeks ago, after the first episode of Hard Knocks, I had one immediate thought: the coach gotta go. The Falcons remind me of us a few years ago: tons of talent, but, no results.

They need a new coach.

Back