Haynesworth's Play Triggers F.A.

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mattieuk, Dec 17, 2008.

1. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

According to ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3775006

"I am just excited for Albert that he made the Pro Bowl and he is certainly deserving of it" - His Agent.

I'm sure Albert isn't half as excited as Speck is looking at his big looming payout!

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

From a on the field perspective...he has earned it. He was very impressive Sunday and all over the field.

WWJD likes this.
  3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Agree with you Vinny. His play has earned it. I wonder what the results of his MRI were? Anyone heard?? Just curious because if there is any damage it could help the Titans from a leverage stand point rather than Haynesworth having all of the leverage.

4. mattieuk

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=64806

Nothing really substantial, but doesn't sound too serious.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I hope he tests the open market. Get him out of our division (unless he played for us, of course, which I think has a zero percent chance of happening). Matter-of-fact, dude needs to migrate over to the NFC, preferably the north division so we don't have to play against him for another four seasons.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  6. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

I said earlier I hope he lands with the Lions

7. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

He has a possibility of becoming the highest paid defensive player in the league.

I don't know how Bud is regarding handing out big contracts but that would be the overriding factor...is Bud willing to pay that much for him to stay?

8. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I hope someone offers him something more & he leaves so tennessee fans can get a taste of the real Bud Adams.

9. mattieuk

Quite probable. The contract he gets is going to be huge if there is a few teams interested in paying their way to a decent D-line. It could be a fantastic contract battle, and end up in someone digging themselves into the recession a little bit more.

10. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Well everybody knows that he is going to command mega bucks.....I don't follow enough to know who could use him urgently...

There is always a demand to upgrade one's team but who in the NFL needs a big DT like him?

And who is willing to put up with the possibility of him going postal at some point and using his cleats again as a weapon?

I have read that he tends to be a bit on the lazy side when it suits him...

It's already lining up for him to be THE FA of the next off season. Should be interesting.

11. mattieuk

From what I hear, thats the worry. Unless ever contract offer he gets is heavily ladened with Pro-Bowl based incentives there sounds like there is a large possibility (for a franchise DT anyway) that he is going to go missing too much through laziness, and that is NOT one of the things you want to be worried about when deciding to signing away a large chunck of your salary.

Fine the psat few seasons he has been frightening, but after he signs the biggie, what happens then? Thats the call that someones going to have to make, and I have a horrible feeling its the call thats going to cost a GM somewhere some serious $$$ and perhaps his job (a la Cory Redding being a nail in Millen's coffin).

12. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

13. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

What? That he gets millions of dollars and is the most sought after upcoming FA?

Doesn't sound so bad to me.