Haynesworth Price dropped

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Texanmike02, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

If this is true, I'm dissapointed that he's not a Texan right now. Next year is an uncapped year. Anything below a 2nd (and maybe even a 2nd) is legitimate value for this guy. If we haven't called up and said "I'll give you a 3rd for him right now with the potential to make it a 2nd" then I'm officially pissed. With the new problems up the middle, a guy who can keep blockers off of the ligher Diles would be a premium. Did I mention he can help the pass rush when he's motivated?

If the Titans get him and he wrecks shop against us there should be hell to pay.

Mike

2. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

hey hey hey...

3. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Since we know the Texans we know it's almost surely not going to happen.

But my offer would be a 4th with a chance to move up to 3 (possibly a 2 if he plays lights-out).

However, I would have to make some sort of condition in the contract stating that he has to show up for all meetings, practices, etc. and not cause a distraction due to turd-ness. Violation of these results in lowered base salary. Also, with this guy you've got to make his pay conditional on his play. Once he's got that money he ain't workin' anymore.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I agree with this. I'd give a 3 (could be a 2 with incentives met) in a heartbeat to sign a better DT than anybody who's played here since day one. The man can collapse a pocket in a 4-3 like nobody's business. With Mario and Smith on the ends he'd be fed a steady diet of QB's trying to step up.

I think even Cody and Okoye would benefit from playing next to him.

5. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

"...And he's gonna sing a song for you! And Bill's gonna show you a thing or two."

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

This would be a reasonable deal........as long as his salary would be linked in some way to performance (and other factors such as those that CD brought up).

7. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

In...a....heartbeat. Did anybody see Ogunleye flailing around out there on Sunday? Does anyone here think Haynesworth could look WORSE than that?

A Third, conditional Second (on performance) is a no-brainer.

8. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I not too sure of the feasablity of that, probably would break some rule with collective bargaining.

9. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

"You'll have some fun now...with me and all the gang. Learning from each other...WHILE WE DO OUR THING!"

10. GP

GP Go Texans!

I think a 2nd is fair.

He got some coin witht he Skins..and now I tihnk he'd be open to returning to a true 4-3 defense, playing alongside Mario on that d-line, and getting a chance to go against the Titans, Jags, and Colts again.

Call me silly, but I think the AFC South is his niche division.

He's not ever going to try hard for the Redskins. I think it's his own fault, but he's too prideful to turn it around and essentially prove that he was dogging it for so long there. He needs an out. We could give him one.

But...we're talking about the Texans. Gurry Kubiak is bent on only acquiring the lesser-talented free agents so that he has a chance to look like a genius for having discovered someone else's cast-offs. He likes to mine the rock, chisel away the outside of it, and reveal the gem inside it...it's how he feels about running backs. It's how he grabbed Schaub.

Man, if we DID get Albert and he even provided half his potential, it's better than what we got now.

NitroGSXR likes this.
  11. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

I don't care how bad we're struggling, haynesworth is bad news & i don't want to see this dude in a texans uni. Anybody but this lazy, good for nothing, chemistry killing fat punk.....

12. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Great visual. I rather enjoyed the well-worded description. Rep.

Stop thinking about Haynesworth or any other scenarios. Our front office grades big as if they're a cubic zircona. Maybe it's tough to put a price on a gem that one worked so hard on to hone or they like the dirty spots which give it character.

:shrug:

13. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I wouldn't offer anything better than a 4th. He's a fat, lazy ass who stopped trying once he got paid.

14. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

To be fair, he stopped trying once they switched his role/position.

We're a 4-3. He should want to play here

15. Hagar

Hagar Drink up yall, its the Texans!

He's worth a second when he wants to play football, but when he doesn't, he aint worth a nickle.

Forth round pick at most.