Have you seen the 49'ers play? Texans have no chance at #1 pick.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by LBC_Justin, Dec 13, 2005.

1. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

The Niners are HORRIBLE. The Texans have no chance of losing to them. I hope the Texans watch some game film and play to the Niners strengths or they can kiss Reggie Bush good bye.

Anyone here watch the Niners play on sunday?

Is it just me or do you guys think they stink worse than us?

GO TEXANS!!!

2. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Have you seen the Texans play?

3. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

If there is a way to lose, the Texans will find it.

If the 49ers lose, it's not because the Texans didn't try.

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

The 49ers are absolutely atrocious. That being said, we play up or down to our opponents. We actually have some resemblence of a put together team for a quarter or two against good teams. We basically play bad enough to look bad against any team, whereas the 49ers play HORRIBLY against good teams, and only badly against bad teams. I don't know if that makes sense. Anyways, when you hook a 30 yard field goal that much, when you give away 2 games in the last minutes (one of which you were winning by 21 points), you are fairly classified as worse than the niners

5. LBC_Justin

LBC_Justin All Pro

Every single quarter of play, this whole season. (thank you Direct TV)

The Niners are horrible, horrible, horrible.

6. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

It is possible for the Texans to win week 17 and still get the #1 pick, even if SF loses out. We'd both be 2-14 and we have a very good shot at the tie-break from strength of schedule.

7. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

What would have to happen for Htown to get the number one pick is as follows:
    1. there are 3 games left for htown and SF
    Htown: Arizona, Jags, SF
    SF:Jags, STL, Hou

Currently SF leads Htown by a game. If they match wins(and losses) Houston gets the number 1 pick UNLESS Houston beats SF. If that occurs, then SF gets the number one pick sonce we beat them head to head.

I am not going to predict wins/losses becuase it is obvious Houston can give games away at the end(see the last 3) Honestly, it would nto surprise me if the SF-Htown game ends in a tie. Honestly, that would be quite poetic if you think about it.

8. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

9. Big B Texan Fan

Big B Texan Fan Hall of Fame

So who's gonna win if both teams are purposely tankin'. Just kidding

Here's how the game will go:
    The Texans kickoff because they win the toss but defer. Kris will kick it out of bounds. Then the 49er's will false-start. Then the Texans will say "Oh yea" and then jump offsides. Then they'll finally get a play snapped and Alex Smith will throw it right to Greenwood over the middle (he'll be there cuz we ain't blitzin') and hit him in the hands but as soon as he catches it he'll toss it to a 49er. They play rugby for a while until the QB gets told through his headset to get his teammates to stop because it's getting a little embarrising. OK, now it's our ball 1st and 10 from the 49er 40 yard line. Carr is told to get sacked 3 times in a row because that WON'T look suspicious but when the DE's get to him they have to stop and play Rock-Paper-Scissors to see which on of them will get the cut the next day because they were told to not get any sacks. When Carr notices this he'll then fall to ground clutching his eye saying that the lights have strained them. The Texans then put Gaffney in as QB because before the game they put Banks and Ragone on the inactive list with the stomach-flu (very smart actually). Gaffney forgets the plan and actually runs loose through the middle of the line and then dashes through the secondary leaping over Deion Sanders like tackles but right before he's fixin' to score McKinney screams "Get 'Em, he's trying to score". Then at that point the Texans are trying to pull him away from the endzone while the 49er's are trying to push him in. Man I can't wait until 1/1/06. I'll look like this---->:tv: during the game. Then if we win (I mean that win by losing) I'll look like this---->:yahoo: , but if we lose (I mean that by winning) I'll look like this--->:brickwall then:crying: .

Sorry for all the smilies, they're addicting. There should a smilie addiction hotline.

10. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

I'm sorry, but that's not what it says on nfl.com in the NFL Tiebreaking Procedure section.

Head to head is not a factor in any way, shape, or form for the Texans and 49ers in regard to draft order.

Strength of schedule is it. Then coin flip if SOS is tied.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakers

If that's too much legalese, I wrote a FAQ for the draft forum at: http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=15620

11. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

12. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

My mistake. Thanks for educating me!

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Well, the Niners have won TWO games this year to our one and they managed to almost pull out a win versus the Seahawks, 27-25. We got lambasted by the Seahawks.

The Niners are horrible, but so are we.

14. touttail

touttail All Pro

Both teams suck bigtime, but feel that SF will win it at home. If they were playing in Reliant Stadium, I would give the edge to the Texans.
    SF-------21 Texans------17

Bobby 119C:brickwall

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I hope we win. I do not look forward to the gazillion Reggie Bush threads if we get the no. 1 pick. ;)

16. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

You would prefer, then, the gazillion trade-up-to-get-Reggie-Bush threads?

17. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

Instead we'd get a gazillion "trade up for Reggie Bush" threads.

18. abbest

abbest Veteran

It`s gonna be horrible watching the last game of the season Texans vs 49ers eeecchhh fuey

19. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

How did I miss this comment? It made mine completely redundant, lol.

::feeling stupid::

20. abbest

abbest Veteran

Brilliant you are a genius