Have you ever been more happy as a Texans fan?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TheRealJoker, Dec 14, 2007.

1. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Than you are right now? .500 this close to the end of the season for the first time in history and still in the playoff hunt at this point in the season for the first time in franchise history.

I have to admit, that game last night was the most fun I had at any Texans game live (although admittedly I only go to 1 or 2 a year because im a broke college kid and I didn't attend the Cowboys game or the Colts game last year).

I am still giggling like a school girl after that beating we put on Denver!!!

If we beat the Colts next week I dont think i'll be able to contain myself...I just may explode with joy!!!

*insert hilarious references due to my sig*

2. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I dunno... 19-10 was better IMO.

3. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

considering the terrible injuries, divisional foes, and relatively new coaches, it's a small miracle this team is .500 in mid-December.

huge props to the coaching staff, front office, and the players for not quitting when it would have been very easy to do.

4. adam

adam Guero

Yeah. Also, the win over Indy on Christmas Eve was probably the happiest I've been as a fan. I was just ecstatic.

However, in regards to an entire season, I would say that this is the first season in which we've shown signs of progress. That's something to be happy about IMO.

5. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

no

2-0 came close but now we're getting more performances aswell as results

6. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Considering what we've gone through this season to be .500 is a miracle. I thought we'd compete for a wildcard this season but in order to do that we had to be healthy...we haven't been healthy and we're STILL competing for a wildcard. This bodes well for our future, to know our team will continue fighting even when team leaders like Dunta and Mckinney go down as well as the guy that was supposed to be our star running back Ahman Green. Add in AJ missing almost half the season and the fact we're even competing each week is amazing.

We're leading the league in players on IR and we lead the league in giveaways, yet we are still holding our own in almost every game this season.

7. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    I'm pretty stoked at the moment, Dallas was special as was Indy last year. This game though was on prime time so the whole nation could see how good we are becoming.

8. Andrew6

Andrew6 Site Contributor

Hows that whole celebacy thing working out for you anyways.

9. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I've never felt more positive going into a game @ Indy :wild: even put :money: on it :specnatz:

10. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

I'd say he has a firm grip on it ;)

11. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Thursday night was truly a great night to be an H-Town Texan. It left me with the same feeling as a couple of other games in Houston NFL history.

In the late seventies, with the Oilers/Steelers rivalry in full hatred, Bum's boys against the Terrible Towel, we (I say we) went to Three Rivers on a Monday night and it was just one of those games. We needed a stop - Enter Robert Brazille, Greg Bingham, Ted, Elvin, Curley. We needed a new set of downs - Enter The Tyler Rose, with Tim Wilson clearing the needed yardage. OK, enough, you get the picture. Houston won 24-17 with a rock solid performance. Had to be. It was Monday night at Three Rivers.

The other game was Warren Moon and Co. IN Cincinnati against Sam Wyche and Boomer, two guys way high on my sports-hate list. It was a Sunday night game when TNT (I think) did them. Houston won 31-17 I believe. I was old enough to drink then so details aren't as plentiful.

As always I jogged/walked this morning with, as always, my Texans warm-up on and I still got looked at with disdain. Only this time I KNEW it was because I'm ugly!!! Man that was a great game to see.

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

12. JayCee

JayCee Veteran

I'm extremely happy.
    I made the effort to download and watch the game before looking at the result. I've just finished watching the game now and loved every minute of it.

Really starting to like the character I'm seeing in this side.

I watched the game with my father who is staying the weekend at my place and he enjoyed it as well - he's mad on soccer and hasn't watched a football game before - but by the end he was shouting at the television along with me.

13. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

LOL, Spit my Coffee out on that one

14. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

That's fantastic JayCee!! Before you know it, you and your Dad will be winging it over here to see our team in action. Bring him to Reliant and he'll never go back to soccer!! J/K BUT, once hooked on football, it's hard to get it out of your blood. Not really sure that's possible since I've been loving this game for over 55 yrs.

15. IlliniJen

IlliniJen Hall of Fame

Yes, this is the happiest. While the Cowboys and Colts wins were great, they seemed to be isolated events. I'm happy NOW because I see things finally gelling on this team. I don't know if we've turned the proverbial corner, but I can see a trending towards success. This bodes well for next season.

Double Barrel likes this.
  16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

This was my first game to see them at Relient (caught them once in Denver) and I will say it was about as good of a game as I could possibly have asked for.

17. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

This is kind of where I'm at. Cautiously optimistic is probably a better term for me.

I can think of several what I'll call very satisfying wins but I think (at least I hope) what we're seeing now is a function of a team really coming together under its coaching staff, system, and environment.

The win over the Cowboys in '02 was great because it was such an insane thought that this team could win its first game ever on national tv.

Winning at Miami in the opener of '03 created great optimism, but alas it was short lived and fools gold.

Beating the Panthers and taking the Pats to OT in '03 (the two Super Bowl teams) also fooled most of us into believing we were headed in the right general direction at least.

Starting out 4-3 in '04 led to more optimism but that was also fools gold. The sweep of the Titans and Jags that year were very satisfying wins, but you sensed something wasn't right on the team because of the slide that started at Denver (after Kris Brown's missed FG in the 1st quarter), the sniping comments by Sharper and others starting to leak out of the locker room, the Cleveland debacle on Fan Appreciation Day (and the first article that I ever wrote that houstontexans.com refused to publish). Of course those bad vibes were brought to reality when we found out that they threw away the playbook on the eve of the season opener at Buffalo in '05.

If the Texans split their next two and finish 8-8, I think it's real gold - or at least gold plated. If they shock the world and win both, it's a gold mine.

If they lose close and competitive games the next two weeks, then I'm ok with the 7-9 and will feel optimistic for next season considering the injury challenges this year.

If they lay an egg in their next two, then the Denver game may have been no more than just another random happy event.

18. dalemurphy

dalemurphy Hall of Fame

There are so many things to be happy with right now. However, the most exciting thing to me is that we have an excellent organization that has a plan that clearly is starting to work. There is so many reasons to trust Smith and Kubiak. I'm ready to commit to these guys for the next decade and that's not hyperbole... I'll say the same thing if we finish with two losses. Kubiak has been with the Texans for about 22 months and Smith for about 18. Remember where this team was at 2 years ago?

19. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'm so happy after the Tampa Bay and Denver game. I think because the Denver game was so close, yet we were playing so well the whole game, and then ending the way we did- makes it all the sweeter. add to that Mario played his heart out!

I remember as I was watching it, giddy as a schoolgirl, that I noticed the players play with a pizazz, a passion, and were really out there having fun.

Brandon Marshall laughing when that ref fell down right before the snap, Andre Johnson not going down and getting an extra 7 yards- getting up with authority and pulling his shirt "Texans"!! Andre played like he wanted to own this game. Freddie B. trying to get the crowd into it, i love how confident he is, he doesnt act like a rookie.

The biggest thing I could really want to change was that we aren't 0-4 in our division. I wish we weren't swept by the Titans. But I love being 7-7!!!

20. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

In the context of this season and the hole this team had to crawl from, 7-7 is satisfying. Seeing the Texans logo "in the hunt" in December is great. But playoffs is always the goal and anything less than that in '08 will be a disappointment to me - just like how I felt that anything less than 8-8 (with no injuries) would be a disappointment this year. I want my team in the playoffs and I can only hope these little happy steps we see from time to time will soon lead us to a full blown run.