Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Have you ever been LESS excited heading into a Playoff run??

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
As Texans fan (so Oilers excluded) "we" have only had 1 playoff run. And let me tell you, I was pumped, partying, drunk as hell, everything all in one like it was NYE 2000 last year, just see our Austin Texans group on FB if you need proof, but I gotta say, this year, I MAYBE will go to the group/bar for next weeks playoff game against the Bengals (as it looks right now) as that seems like it will be a waste of money and Shiner and GOD knows I hate to waste either.

W-T-F happened to this team????

So I ask, all ?'s about Kubes, Schaub aside....

Are YOU excited about the playoffs still or not?

PS, please be realistic and leave your "I'm more of a fan than you cause I am excited" (cause you're not and I LOL at you for that) and just answer the question....

Well we've only had two playoff runs, lol.

I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it. Hell, we're probably going to have the same opponent!

LOLZ. I dont even know how to feel right now. Its almost as if we will be going to our funeral instead of hosting a playoff game. I am not sure how I am going to be able to get up for this game vs Cincy. The money spent, the waking up early this Sunday, the false hope tailgating, and then the death of what seemed a magical season right in front of our eyes.

I am utterly sick. So many years... So much pain. The life of a Houston fan. Hello familiar, I see you didnt stray too far.

Well we've only had two playoff runs, lol.

I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it. Hell, we're probably going to have the same opponent!

Yeah, it's us and the Bengals again unless Pats or Broncs lose to one of the chump teams they are playing. Course I wouldn't hold my breath on it but there's always hope.

You should edit the title of this thread to playoff game .... not playoff run , you have to win one to call it a run. Im not confident they will win a playoff game.

Probably not the best time to ask this question. I keep telling myself that if I stood by the Texans when they were terrible, I can stand by them now.

But damn they've made it difficult with their lack of urgency these last 2 games. I just don't get it. Its almost like they haven't really wanted it.

Don't like how we've played at all the 2nd half of the season. But if we pull it together we can still make a run. I think i just drank the last of my kool-aid.

Probably not the best time to ask this question. I keep telling myself that if I stood by the Texans when they were terrible, I can stand by them now.

The difference is that when the teams were bad you expected to lose and it was fun to watch individual players succeed. With this team we should be winning and come across as a total embarrassment.

In short... It was easier to watch our bad teams lose.

Yeah, it's us and the Bengals again unless Pats or Broncs lose to one of the chump teams they are playing. Course I wouldn't hold my breath on it but there's always hope.

They are their division rivals.

I'm betting one of the games will at least be dramatic.

It is sader watching this team go into the playoffs the way they are than it was to know week 17 was or last game of the season, atleast then i knew we didnt have the talent.

It makes it sader now seeing all of our talent go to waste, seeing the last few years of AJ go to waist, seeing Watts dominating season go to waste.

Just getting tired of watching talent get waisted by this coaching staff and this middle of the pack QB.

It is sader watching this team go into the playoffs the way they are than it was to know week 17 was or last game of the season, atleast then i knew we didnt have the talent.

It makes it sader now seeing all of our talent go to waste, seeing the last few years of AJ go to waist, seeing Watts dominating season go to waste.

Just getting tired of watching talent get waisted by this coaching staff and this middle of the pack QB.

You really do not mean this.

I remember those years when the Texans would ALWAYS miss the playoffs by a game or two. It was terrible. Way worse than this.

At least they have a chance. Yeah it may not look like the best of chances right now but at least it is there.

Second year of playoffs -- not much of a sample size. :lol:

That's kind of the point brodequin.....it's ONLY our second playoff appearance but this team has looked so beyond $hitty, it's hard to get excited when you think you would but you're right lol right..... :trapstar:

I don't know if I even want to watch the game. Seriously.

We will all be watching cheering on our texans, why maybe because we are all blind sheep following a blind keeper.

Regardless i will be watching cheering them on in hopes that we somehow win, and then will do the same when we go on the road to either denver or new england.

Don't know if I'll even watch the game honestly. I haven't seen anything the past couple of weeks that leads me to believe we'll win. I've switched my attention to the Houston Rockets.

I gotta watch...love the game too much. My hope has already been crushed this last month of the season so I'm not worried about being depressed next Sunday when we play the Bengals.

I gotta watch...love the game too much. My hope has already been crushed this last month of the season so I'm not worried about being depressed next Sunday when we play the Bengals.

Oh I'll end up watching.....love this team too much although I tell myself for heart and stress reasons not to watch...but I'm not "excited" about it if that makes sense....

i'm excited for the team to have won the afc south 2 years in a row and to be making the playoffs 2 years in a row . . . i believe the team as it is today matches up well against the bengals and should be a great game . . . i'm not excited about being down to our 3rd string lb's and not excited about the play calling or the play in general of the team the last few weeks, but i believe this team is still getting stronger each off season . . . ;)

i'm excited for the team to have won the afc south 2 years in a row and to be making the playoffs 2 years in a row . . . i believe the team as it is today matches up well against the bengals and should be a great game . . . i'm not excited about being down to our 3rd string lb's and not excited about the play calling or the play in general of the team the last few weeks, but i believe this team is still getting stronger each off season . . . ;)

I agree. I think they should get better...if they don't then let go of some of their pro-bowlers because they are in cap hell.

Even after letting go of all the guys they are STILL edging against the Cap..I just don't understand. Smith evaluates talent with the best of them but he needs to call Daryl Morey and get some help with the cap apparently.

The only thing that would be more demoralizing than a "one and done" at this point would be if a 14-2 Texans team which didn't lose its first half momentum laid a big first round egg. With diminished expectations come diminished heartbreak.

There is a chance...which is better than we can say for our 1st nine years of existence.

I love watching the game and anything can happen. Hopes are not high, however. I wouldn't be surprised if Bengals are even favored. Tough one for the odds makers.

I don't know if I even want to watch the game. Seriously.
Last year's playoff atmosphere was excilerating. This coming game will be flat as a pancake. There will probably be no shows. What a difference a month makes.

Smith evaluates talent with the best of them but he needs to call Daryl Morey and get some help with the cap apparently.
What the hell has Morey ever won? He'd be the Gary Kubiak of NBA GMs, except he never hired his Wade Phillips.

Last year's playoff atmosphere was excilerating. This coming game will be flat as a pancake. There will probably be no shows. What a difference a month makes.

What the hell has Morey ever won? He'd be the Gary Kubiak of NBA GMs, except he never hired his Wade Phillips.

The Rockets got Harden this year, and will have max contract salary space this offseason, he's actually done a pretty good job of "slow and steady"

I'd be upset at that. We didn't exactly look like the 1985 Bears going into last year's playoffs.

I wasn't very excited going into last year's either. Similar play leading into it.

I don't remember looking this bad leading into it with as many losses at the end of the season like this.........

Also we had Yates in there...not our starter.....

Even if by some miracle we beat the Bengals next week, the next game would be at New England. There is really no reason for the Texans to make the plane trip up there.

I'd be upset at that. We didn't exactly look like the 1985 Bears going into last year's playoffs.

But expectations were lower and the "just glad to be here" feeling was high. And it is rather telling that at the end of the regular season, a 10-6 team led by T.J. Yates felt like a considerably "better" team than this team which badly limped to a 12-4 finish.

This looked like an elite team, an AFC Championship contender, 9-10 weeks into the season. Since then I think it's safe to say that the expectations many have about this team's chances in the postseason have taken a dive.

Halfway in the season, I felt like this team had a realistic chance to beat any team in the NFL, home or away. (If we got Denver now instead of early in the season, I think we'd get thrashed.) The last few weeks have taken that feeling away. So compared to what we were hoping for as late as mid-November, yeah, it feels like a bit of a downer.

Me either Vinny. It is what it is.

But expectations were lower and the "just glad to be here" feeling was high. And it is rather telling that at the end of the regular season, a 10-6 team led by T.J. Yates felt like a considerably "better" team than this team which badly limped to a 12-4 finish.

This looked like an elite team, an AFC Championship contender, 9-10 weeks into the season. Since then I think it's safe to say that the expectations many have about this team's chances in the postseason have taken a dive.

Halfway in the season, I felt like this team had a realistic chance to beat any team in the NFL, home or away. (If we got Denver now instead of early in the season, I think we'd get thrashed.) The last few weeks have taken that feeling away. So compared to what we were hoping for as late as mid-November, yeah, it feels like a bit of a downer.

Honestly, I hardly ever thought that this team was better than last year's. Especially after Cushing went down.

Last year's team was decimated by injuries like no other team I've ever seen, but at least we had Watt, Cushing, DeMeco, Joseph, Andre, and Foster in the playoffs.

This year was markedly different. From not having Cushing, to Foster looking like **** because of OL (and no Winston/Brisiel overall)/God knows what, to DeMeco being gone, etc.

Was much more confident in last year's bunch despite all the injuries.

Honestly, I hardly ever thought that this team was better than last year's. Especially after Cushing went down.

Last year's team was decimated by injuries like no other team I've ever seen, but at least we had Watt, Cushing, DeMeco, Joseph, Andre, and Foster in the playoffs.

This year was markedly different. From not having Cushing, to Foster looking like **** because of OL (and no Winston/Brisiel overall)/God knows what, to DeMeco being gone, etc.

Was much more confident in last year's bunch despite all the injuries.

i agree . . . offensive injuries last year had expectations low, but there was still hope since our defense was intact and playing at a high level . . . this year, we have multiple injuries to the defense especially the lb core and the oline isn't nearly as strong as last year . . . imo, denver is the only team that might be able to keep new england out of the super bowl . . . i can't stand ne, btw . . . ;)

My hopes for this season were extremely high and I think we have the talent on this team to win a Super Bowl. The gap between talent and execution has been extremely disappointing. We should not be limping into the playoffs.

I thought at the beginning of the month that we are Super Bowl team. Right now I don't think we are going to make it out of the first round. This team has to prove to the fans and to itself that it is the same team that started this season.

I thought at the beginning of the month that we are Super Bowl team. Right now I don't think we are going to make it out of the first round. This team has to prove to the fans and to itself that it is the same team that started this season.

Unless Cushing is miraculously healed and at 100% of game shape within the next few days, it's not the same team that started the season, especially on defense. Still, I'd agree the problems seem deeper than that. It's almost as if the team bought the hype when they were being ranked #1 or #2 in the NFL "power rankings".

This has to be the worst 12-4 team in the history of the NFL. So, if you're asking me if I am excited about the playoffs...

mora_playoffs.jpg

Oh I'll end up watching.....love this team too much although I tell myself for heart and stress reasons not to watch...but I'm not "excited" about it if that makes sense....

Exactly how I feel. Last year I was so pumped, screamed at the tv the whole game. I work with a Bengals fan who lived in Cincinnati during the 70's & I didn't know what to say the next day at work. Right now I don't really care about next week's game...doubt I'll be upset if they lose.

Just amazes me how the patriots can take any player, plug them in and they are successful. Think that might have something to do with coaching ? Hell look at Cassel when he filled in for brady, and look at him since.

We are one of the most talented teams in the NFL i have no doubt so WHYYY are we struggling. Just something to ask yourself.

2004 nba playoffs....rockets got the lakers 1st round...lost the series 4-1 i believe....had zero confidence they could do anything with them

Back