Haslett to Texans?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by cuppacoffee, Oct 19, 2005.

1. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

FWIW This is from profootball.com rumor mill

"Based on discussions with multiple league sources over the past two days, we've concluded that Texans coach Dom Capers and Raiders coach Norv Turner will get the ax at the end of the season, if not sooner.

In Houston, Capers won't be joined in the government cheese line by Texans G.M. Charley Casserly. Casserly, we hear, has been working hard to keep his gig. Owner Bob McNair likes Casserly and will give him a chance to hire a new coach.

Although the Texans already have embarked on a discreet-but-extensive search for Capers' replacement, word is that the two early favorites are Broncos offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak and Saints head coach Jim Haslett. Titans coach Jeff Fisher is also in the mix, but the current thinking in league circles is that Fisher will be safe despite a second straight down year in Tennessee."

link

Thoughts anyone?
    Lets hope the Budster is true to form. :D

cac: :coffee:

2. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

He hasn't been a winner so why would they want him? Poor choice.

I'll go with what others have said and express an interest in the Denver coordinator. I've heard high praise about him and they've actually had success.

But Haslett I'd pass on.

3. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

"the Texans already have embarked on a discreet-but-extensive search for Capers' replacement" and "if not sooner" are very encouraging statements.

4. blockhead83

blockhead83 All Pro

I've never been impressed with Haslett. I'd much rather see Kubiak take the reigns.

5. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

No thanks on Haslett!! I would rather have Charlie Wiess of Notre Dame. He has won 3 super bowls and helped build an outstanding offense in New England.

6. ATX_Texan

ATX_Texan Veteran

Saints have been an under achieving, mistake prone team under this guy. I don't want another recycled loser for the coach. Please let's take a chance on an up and coming coordinator, like Jerry Gray.

7. wenskek

wenskek Rookie

i have high hopes that we will offer the job to kubiak. :texflag:

8. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

bzzzzzt, I'm sorry the answer to "Jim Haslett" needs to be in the form of a question.

What coach does not seem better than the one we have and would cause some Texan fans to jump ship to alternate Texas teams?

9. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Just say no to Haslett...His teams have continually underperformed over the years...It's a miracle that he's lasted with the Saints this long...

10. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

like i've said time over and over again...i think the right choice right now is an offensive coach that can get this offense and carr on the right track...that's the bottom line...you got a franchise QB, WR, and RB that is struggling because of bad coaching...don't sign a coach that has a history of questionable offense or a d. coordinator that has never worked with the offense before...that's why gary kubiak is the leading canidate

11. jags98

jags98 Veteran

I would rather have Kubiak than Haslett. Just please dont take Mike Smith(our D coordinator) from us. :ok:

12. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

JERRY GRAY

13. Bassinguy

Bassinguy Rookie

I'd take Kubiak over Haslett any time.

14. Bassinguy

Bassinguy Rookie

You and about a million other Texans fans. I'd like to see an offensive coordinator here as a head coach. Especially one with Kubiak's credentials.

15. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Haslett is the very definition of mediocore. I would rather any unproven coach versus a guy who is always 8-8 plus or minus one game.

16. texanfan2002114

texanfan2002114 Subscribed Contributor

I don't think that McNair will have another defensive minded coach as his head coach.

17. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I'm not really that high on Kubiak after what a few Bronco fans have told me regarding him...Basically, they said that he hasn't done anything for their offense since the days of Terrell Davis and John Elway...Why do so many people think Kubiak is the right guy for the job?

18. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

I agree. I don't want to see Haslett as the HC of this team. He just doesn't seem to get much out of his teams.

19. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Because he's the best of the two choices mentioned. Unfortunately, Casserly might survive the chopping block. Who knows though. Maybe GOOD GM's are hard to come by.

20. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Because Kubiak has a track record of success everywhere he has been. Look at what he has done in Denver with an average QB, average RB, and average WR's this season. You say you are going on what Bronco fans said, would you listen to every fan on this board? Denver is 12th in the league in total offense this season, with Plummer at QB and really only one good WR, if that's "not doing anything with the offense" then what do you call our offensive performance this season?