Has Dunta just given up?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Goldeagle, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

He cant tackle, he cant cover. Sheesh, we might want to add an O-Line, Linebackers and NOW a true #1 Cornerback with how he has played the last few games.

bigcarlos likes this.
  2. big homey

big homey Veteran

He's only in his second year, and he's been our best defeender all season. It's just a little sophomore slump spent on a meaningless season.

3. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

If your looking for someone to blame our D on, pick someone besides our best defender (in only his second year). Try the multimillion dollar FA pickup, all the picks traded for PBuch and Babin, but not our only good player.

4. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Greenwood is one of our worst aquasitions to date, however faggins continues to astound me on how horrific he can play each week. I counted two touchdowns he gave up himself. However, to his defense, he did have an interception nullified due to illegal use of the hands.

5. YoungTexanFan

He is not our best defender. He is the most talented but not our best. He has not lived up to any pre-set expectations this season. Walker and Payne have been doing a great job for us.

6. YoungTexanFan

Buchanon and Babin are both still very young. Babin has shown tons of potential the past few weeks, even showing the ability to drop into coverage today.

Buchanon is arguably our most "talented" CB. He is our most versitle also. I do not mean he has played up to his potential yet, but he has more talent than almost anyone is willing to admit. I know he did not have a great start in Houston but he improved every week in this underachieving system.

7. touttail

touttail All Pro

Bull Hockey, he can definitely tackle and block. Guess it's hard to get pumped up going 2-12 for the season! Wilford was a monster, he was a defensive end in Virginia. He was twice as big as daunte. Also, Jimmy Smith is one of the most productive WRs ever in the NFL.

Bobby 119C:brickwall

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

I believe the loss of Aaron Glenn has affected Dunta's performance more than people think:cool:

9. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Well . . . then Mr. Robinson needs to climb out from under Aaron Glenns skirt and do his job.

This is not college, so stop overrating leadership.

10. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

The guy has had like 2 bad games all season. Lay off.

11. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

I guess being 2-13 means enough blame to be passed around. Everyone has messed up. EVEN THE DAMN WATERBOY, and the camera men on the sidelines.

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Almost EVERYONE has messed up and that's why there's pink soap everywhere. I suppose Dunta is in the majority, but he's going to come back.

13. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

This was Dunta's first year as the #1 CB while playing for a team that, correct me if I am wrong, is last in the league in sacks. Moreover, we played a lot of zone coverage and our LB's were awful even with Wong.

He will bounce back, count on it.

14. big homey

big homey Veteran

We're not last in the league in sacks (closer to the middle), but the scheme does suck.

15. YoungTexanFan

This is true, but this is more from a re-emergance of Walker and and healty Payne. It is also contributed to our back up LB's who understand they are playing for their jobs and have made an impression.

16. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

We have also had our sacks come in spurts, such as 7 against St. Louis. For most of the season, we still dont get to the QB very often, it just seems that way...

17. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

IMO, our sack increase has come from the emergence of Orr and to a lesser extent the return of a healthier Babin. We are able to put pressure on the QB AND cover and contain, something that Peek isn't real good at pluse the dumb penalties have gone away.

18. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

D.Rob is running the plays called by the coacing staff. This conservative, give them 15 yards soft coverage would make any DB in the NFL look bad. It's pathetic how lame these coaches are when it comes to any kind of pressure.

I think you'll see Dunta step up next year when we get new coaches that utilize his strengths and scheme accordingly.

19. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

i like Shatee Orr he is a pretty dominantr force when it comes to getting to the QB. And can any of our guys hold onto an INT i mean come on did you see the one DR dropped that was right in his hands, i know we have a bad team but thats no reason to totally give up, and i hope D. Davis is healthy next week,,,,I DO NOT WANT REGGIE BUSH (we hanve much greter issues that need to be resolved and its not the RB position)

20. YoungTexanFan

BINGO!!