Harrington Wants Out

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by TEXANS84, Mar 15, 2006.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Lions | Harrington wants out
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:47:36 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of mLive.com, reports Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington has told the Lions' front office and coaching staff that he does not want to play in Detroit. The Lions have been in talks with free agent QB Josh McCown (Cardinals), which could allow the team to move Harrington.

:stirpot:

2. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

Thats fine if he wants out, but ummm.......... where will he go??? I mean "who would actually want him"

3. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Mr. Millen, you have a phone call. It's the New York Jets......

4. DominickDavisFan76

DominickDavisFan76 Veteran

the jets have made stupid mistakes before by trusting in Pennington, but come on Joey Harrington has had great receivers to throw to and he still sucks,

he has

1.Mike Williams
    2.Roy Williams
    3.Charles Rogers
    All 1st round picks

4.Scotty Vines
    5.TE-Marcus Pollard

and the jets dont have that, they just have Lavernues Coles

5. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

More importantly, he has an offensive line.

6. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

"Great" receivers???

Mike Williams was a rookie this year and spent a year out of football so he was rusty, Rogers never touches the field and Roy Williams has been injury prone his first 2 years in the league. That cast doesnt sound too great when you see that it is never on the field.

I dont blame Harrington for wanting out, I dont see anyway for him to succeed there...

7. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Why would he want to leave? During practice he would get to play on the second team with Bradford. :redtowel:

8. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

With Millen at GM, dont be surprised if they look at Santonio Holmes with their first pick....:stirpot:

9. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It seems that the Toronto Argonauts will have a new QB. Seriously, who the heck wants Joey Harrington? Millen can't trade him to the Lions. But he's going to try.

10. Trap_Star

I would'nt be surprised if he ends-up in St.Louis or KC. Bulger has been injury prone lately, and Green isnt getting any younger.:stirpot:

11. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

LINK

Martz has repeatedly said that he wants to tear down Harrington and build him back up. Martz wants to make wholesale changes in how Harrington approaches the job of playing quarterback and even, apparently, suggested to a national football writer that he'd like Harrington to change his uniform number. Not exactly an ego booster, eh?

There was a recent rumor that there was a rift between Martz and Harrington, but this has almost nothing to do with Martz and everything to do with Harrington. Martz believes Harrington can be successful in Detroit: the question is whether Harrington wants to be in Detroit.

12. SM66

SM66 Waterboy

I wonder if like....the 49ers would look at him.

13. Trap_Star

Have the niners given up on Alex Smith already????????:confused:

14. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I remember the following teams had some interest in Harrington during the '02 draft. Maybe they still do:

Buffalo - Completely new organization, though
    Kansas City - They need a backup QB, as well
    Cincinnati - Could use a starter on opening day if Palmer can't make it back
    Redskins - Probably won't be interested

Harrington's former HC Marty Mornhinweg is the Eagles OC. Minnesota could use a backup. Ravens always need QB help. Joey will land a backup job somewhere.

15. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Did the Lions not sign Jon Kitna at QB? I would want out as well if the only help my crappy team got was a new QB, and I was the old one.

16. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Does anyone else think it is a little funny that this happens right after Bradford signs with Detroit? :)

I don't know what Harrington is thinking. It makes him seem like a bit of a wuss.

(And as an aside, it says a little something to Carr's character that he has been through all the stuff here and hasn't gone Harrington/Couch on us).

Runner likes this.
  17. Ihategeeks

Ihategeeks Hall of Fame

Then Retire Joey, it's what you should have done once you sank this team to the very bottom . And this is a team with a history of failure. HOW THE HECK DID YOU SET THE BAR LOWER JOEY YOU POS!!!!!

18. SM66

SM66 Waterboy

yeah that and we already have JP/KH, even though they suck they're still better then Joey Harrington :spy:

19. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I could potentially see the Chiefs going after him. They are going to eventually need a replacement for Trent Green, might as well give him a shot and have him sit and learn the system for a few years.

I can't imagine that he will get too much money.

20. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I don't see anyone succeeding there. How many coaches has Harrington had? How many "systems" have been put in place there and what kind of a front office thinks that it needs to draft a WR every year for three years with their first pick?

Harrington might be destined for obscurity. That's entirely possible. So was Jim Plunkett though so keep that in mind. I'd take a chance on him if I were the Jets. Most likely it would be better for his career if he went somewhere (other than NY) and sat behind someone else for a year or so first but really anywhere is better than in Detroit for him. In it's own way Detroit was as much of career killer for Harrington as Houston was for Carr. Different way of course but the end might very well be the same without changes.

thunderkyss likes this.