Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hard knocks baby!!!

I keep hearing/reading from people that if the Texans are on Hard Knocks, it would be lame, because we are a "boring" team.

It's funny how people have these misperceptions of this team. I could see us being "boring" a few years ago, but, I don't think we're boring at all. People have this national perception of this team as being weak, boring and tame.

And, hell, I guarn-damn-tee you that we are not as boring as the Atlanta Falcons and Miami Dolphins; those two Hard Knocks seasons were almost unbearable in their dullness.

I keep hearing/reading from people that if the Texans are on Hard Knocks, it would be lame, because we are a "boring" team.
Excellent!
I hope they keep thinking that up until the time we see them on the field and use our boring feet to kick their butts.

Excellent!
I hope they keep thinking that up until the time we see them on the field and use our boring feet to kick their butts.

I agree. I like to fly under-the-radar. I'm just wondering what makes us any more "boring" than any other team. After suffering through "Hard Knocks: The Atlanta Falcons" I can survive anything.

I don't care for the show anyway... I think it's lame, doesn't matter who's on the show. Well, Rex makes for good TV. Harbaugh... Jim Harbaugh would make it worth watching.

But the team stuff... cliche, cliche, cliche, rookie diary... rookie who didn't make the team diary...

I'll watch if the Texans are on. Sounds like we're going to be on. But only because it's the Texans.

I agree. I like to fly under-the-radar. I'm just wondering what makes us any more "boring" than any other team. After suffering through "Hard Knocks: The Atlanta Falcons" I can survive anything.

I think for most people nationally the Texans are boring in the same way the Jaguars or Falcons are boring. No history of winning, and in the case of Jags and Texans, barely any history at all, no tradition, and basically no fans outside of the local markets. I think that's really all it has to do with. It has very little to do with weather the team actually has something to offer or not. Causal fans, and that's who the media cater to, want to see and hear recognizable franchises and names. Living outside of the Houston area for the entire Texans existence, I don't know how many times people thought I meant I was a UT fan when I told them I was a Texans fan (usually at a bar somewhere).

How about some quid pro quo...

NFL, HBO want higher ratings,

NE wants Brady's suspension reduced,

Hard Knocks: New England Patriots = 2 game suspension. Deal? Deal. :gamer:

Besides, the next mass extinction will come by fire...
Incorrect. It will be by ice. I really don't like this new look for the MB. Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Texans on HK. IMHO, I think the national exposure would benefit the Texans more than the distraction will hurt them. Besides, it finally gives me a reason to care about the damned series. Is anyone else irritated by members who assert their particular opinion as fact while utterly disregarding other member's opinions?

Excellent!

Yes, we would never want an entertaining team that is in the entertainment business. Nope give us a bland corporate team. In all seriousness the McNair's are putting us on hard knocks for for entertainment. The McNair's understand that entertainment trumps all. Entertainment is where the $$$$ is.

Notwithstanding the @Redskins tweet, I'm hearing HK '15 will look like this...

bill-ob_zpsmgi9sxjc.jpg

Hard Knocks: Houston Texans 2015 <--- use this for the title of the new thread tomorrow, mmmkay?

Last edited:

Agreed 100%! It was terrible, and boring as fk! This is coming from someone that has watched every season of HK. I didn't even finish watching the whole season, I gave up 3 episodes in. :sleep:

For instance, I don't think Atlanta & New Orleans are as bad as their records last season. They just had some tough teams on their schedule & it just didn't break their way.

Going to respectfully disagree. May have been a bad break here or there for both teams, but the season long trends show two teams that were not very good.

Atlanta won 6 games, four of which were against NO and TB. That means they only beat two other teams: Carolina which won the division despite a losing record, and Arizona which was a good team at 11-5. They lost to the Steelers and Bengals whom the Texans also lost. They were beaten by the Browns and Ravens whom the Texans beat. Four of their losses were to teams with losing records.

NO had 5 of their 7 wins against teams with losing records. They had to go into OT to beat TB at home. They lost to a Browns team that no one gives the Texans credit for beating because they were a hot mess. They had four blowout losses, including to a 7-win Carolina team and a 6-win Atlanta team at the end of the season, and in the last game of the season the Bucs had to roll over and stop playing so the Saints could score 16 in the final quarter for the win and ensure the Bucs would get first pick in the draft.

in 2013 Atlanta was 4-12 so I'm not sure how you can say their 6-10 was because of a tough schedule. NO looks like the wheels fell off that team, and based on the off season moves, it would appear someone in the front office thinks so too.

That being said, I am not sure the Texans were as good as their 9-7 record last year. 2nd year of OB's regime, needing to get back to the playoffs, one of the youngest teams in the league. HK will definitely be a distraction.

Going to respectfully disagree. May have been a bad break here or there for both teams, but the season long trends show two teams that were not very good.

That being said, I am not sure the Texans were as good as their 9-7 record last year. 2nd year of OB's regime, needing to get back to the playoffs, one of the youngest teams in the league. HK will definitely be a distraction.

I think we're saying the same thing... 80/20 anyway.

Back