Halting the skid where it all began???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Oct 27, 2005.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Anyone see this on the video clips?

The Houston Expansion Franchise has won 3 games in their last 15. Carr has thrown for over 200 yards 1 time (208 against a bad Chicago team) in that span. Stating that the Cleveland game in 2004 started this skid is an insult to our intelligence.

2. powda

powda Hall of Fame

ur right. go back to denver last season. that was when i believe it happened.

3. Wharton

Wharton Site Contributor

I originally pointed to the Cleveland game as a turning point with this franchise. Its not to say that we didn't have our problems before the Cleveland game but it is the first time that I thought the PLAYERS gave up. Once the coaching staff looses the players, there is little hope of winning a game. Also, once a team accepts loosing the first time, its much easier to accept loosing the second time, and so on.

Beating Cleveland at home was a real possibility for the Texans, which would have lead to an 8-8 record. Maybe I should have said this when the downturn was obvious, but it was after all, the last game of the season and allot of teams were mailing in the game.