Hall wins NFL's fastest man competition

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.ajc.com/saturday/content/epaper/editions/saturday/sports_34deb8afb0e3f0f80078.html

2. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Bummer, I thought JM would take him. Interesting though that yesterday it was reported that Hall withdrew from running.

JM and AJ both are faster than those guys, but they wind up slower. Not as sudden. In the 100mm they win everytime, but most of football is a 40 yeards or less game.

3. It wasn't too long ago that people around here thought that Dunta was the better choice of the two. Hall is just a better player imo.

4. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

It definately wasn't very long ago because I still think Dunta's the better choice of the two. Particularly for the Texans. He's the more physical of the two corners IMO, and he's taken a leadership role rather quickly on the defense (an unexpected surprise to say the least). I know it doesn't mean much, but I think DRob was the better fit for this team.

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer All Pro

Agreed. DRob is definitely the better player and the better leader of the two.

6. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Mathis got a horrible start in the final race but he came roaring back and barely lost to Hall, it was an impressive group of speedsters. On a side note, I don't remember who it was (some special teams guy from the Chargers), but Buffalo's punter beat him out in the second prelim race, that guy should be ashamed of himself for losing a footrace to a punter.

7. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

I saw the race and WOW, he caught up in no time. I don't think he had a bad start he just needed time to get up to speed. If it were the hundred I don't think anyone would have come close to him.

Oh well.