Hall of Fame Game Tickets Pushed

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Jul 5, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

The title of this ESPN article is a little misleading. It is obvious that fans are not willing to make expensive travel plans when a cancellation or change of date is not unlikely. With inability to make definite plans, many fans are evidently not willing to take the chance. It is likely that if the game even goes off as planned, so will the attendance be off.

2. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

A blackout in Canton Ohio? OH NO! WE CANNOT LET THEM DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I absolutely LOVE the HoF game. Aside from the Texans' appearance, I don't think I've ever watched more than about 5 minutes of it, but I prep like it's a real game. I get the beer ready, the jersey on, and the grub is top notch. Because every year, I am so starved for football by the time the game comes back, I could almost watch the Arena League. Then I get bored with the game and start looking up fantasy football crap.

This year? None of that. Not that interested yet.

4. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

I hate pre season games. They are the biggest ripoff in sports. If they didn't make us pay for them in our season ticket package I wouldn't even watch much less attend. The only reason I go is I am not going to spend the money I do on tickets and waste the money. They could eliminate the pre season and no one would notice.

5. GP

GP Go Texans!

This game will be cancelled.

Not enough time.

And I have to think that at least one, if not maybe more than one, preseason game is in jeopardy.

6. CloakNNNdagger

Greedy sacks of s**t.........They're hell bent to give fans a poorly organized/played game........and place suboptimally conditioned players at risk for injuries........all in the name of ticket and TV revenues.

It will be a joke of a game.......not even on par with a regular preseason game. Hopefully few fans will show for the game, and few will watch the game on TV so that the ratings translate into $$$ loss to the networks and ultimately to the NFL. I know I won't be watching/contributing a single penny for this game in ANY way if it is played.

link

7. CloakNNNdagger

From the Chicago Tribune..........a voice of reason: