Guss Scott

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by texan_fan_in_tampa_bay, Sep 8, 2006.

1. texan_fan_in_tampa_bay

texan_fan_in_tampa_bay Rookie

Any Florida Gator fans here? If there are, you know what a valuable guy Guss Scott is. He was one of the few bright spots during the Zook experiment - made plays all over the field. As a Gator and Texan fan, I couldn't be happier.

2. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

3. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

SS - backs up Earl.

4. texan_fan_in_tampa_bay

5. RiotCommander

RiotCommander All Pro

Please give me a reason to like this guy. I like Earl because he can really unload on people, but as far as coverage he is lacking. Does this guy have a chance to eventually get the starting job?

6. texan_fan_in_tampa_bay

This guy was/is one of my favorite Gators. He works hard, hits hard, hustles, and makes plays; great run stopper. Whether or not he'll be a starter in the NFL remains to be seen, as he suffered season ending injuries his first two years (he was not injury prone in college, by the way), but he's a really solid football player. I've heard him compared to Donovin Darius.

7. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Heres what my buddy Drew said from another site Im always on (that wont be named), he's a Pats fan:

8. texan_fan_in_tampa_bay

A little off the mark. He was only healthy for two games after Rodney Harrison went down, and he did start those two games and played well. At this point, I don't think anyone has any idea how valuable he'll be, because he's had a lot of bad luck with injuries since coming into the league. Time will tell......hope I'm not wrong.

9. texan_fan_in_tampa_bay

From the Patriots website:

2005 Season
    2005 (5/2/0/1): Placed on Injured Reserve on Oct. 19, 2005 ... Saw action in his first career NFL contest against the Raiders (9/8/05) ... Made his first career NFL start at safety against San Diego (10/02/05).

Oakland (9/8): Played on special teams coverage units in his first career NFL contest against the Raiders ... Registered a special teams stop. at Carolina (9/18): Saw action at safety on passing downs and collected two solo tackles on defense ... Stopped Kris Mangum short of the first down on a third-and-seven play in the first quarter ... Registered a special teams tackle in coverage duties. at Pittsburgh (9/25): Saw significant action at safety after Rodney Harrison left the game with an injury in the first quarter ... Notched five tackles (4 solo) in the Patriots' 23-20 victory over the Steelers ... Tied for the team lead with two solo special teams stops. San Diego (10/2): Made his first career NFL start at safety and notched five tackles (3 solo) ... Collected one special teams tackle on coverage units. at Atlanta (10/9): Tied for the team lead with seven solo tackles in the Patriots' 31-28 win over the Falcons ... Provided a solid hit and stopped Alge Crumpler short of the first down on a third-and-two play in the third quarter. at Denver (10/16): Inactive.

Extra Points
    Guss showed a remarkable nose for the ball in his collegiate career at Florida, forcing a schoolrecord 11 fumbles in his four-year tenure in the Gators' defensive backfield.