Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Guess who I met tonight . . .

Andrew6

All Pro
So.... Wife and I go and see George Strait tonight and leave and hit traffic on our way to House of Pies on Kirby so decide to go to the one on Westheimer. We get there and its busy as hell. We decide to go accross the street to a place called Mommas. We sit down and get our food etc... when I notice that they are sitting people down everywhere around us but not next to us. I look at Amy and say damn we must have cooties or something. Well a short time later these two guys come in and sit down right next to us and I notice that they have the arm bands that you get from the floor section of Reliant for the George Strait concert. We get to talking and I look at the younger guy sitting there and it starts to bother me because I know I'd seen him before. We talked about this and that politics, Texans etc... when all was said and done we were paying our ticket and I looked at the younger guy and said you look very very familiar. The older guy I assume was his agent quickly says oh yeah hes' just got one of those faces. He does lighting for the rich etc like the Bush's yada yada yada. I didn't persue thinking nobody really likes to be pressured by a fan so I just let it go at that and shook their hands and said have a good night. We walk outside and I tell Amy I know I've seen that guy before, I never forget a face. I am horrible with names but not faces. I told her I think he's the guy that signed my football during the all access. I only had it signed by 2 guys. One was Alex brink and the other I couldn't remember to save my life. The first thing I did when I got home was do a search on the Texans Roster and found out who it was. Joel Dreessen. How cool is that. Ate dinner and B.Sed with Joel Dreessen over dinner and never knew it. Sorry for the long post but season hasn't started just yet and thought some folks might wanna know.

So.... Wife and I go and see George Strait tonight and leave and hit traffic on our way to House of Pies on Kirby so decide to go to the one on Westheimer. We get there and its busy as hell. We decide to go accross the street to a place called Mommas. We sit down and get our food etc... when I notice that they are sitting people down everywhere around us but not next to us. I look at Amy and say damn we must have cooties or something. Well a short time later these two guys come in and sit down right next to us and I notice that they have the arm bands that you get from the floor section of Reliant for the George Strait concert. We get to talking and I look at the younger guy sitting there and it starts to bother me because I know I'd seen him before. We talked about this and that politics, Texans etc... when all was said and done we were paying our ticket and I looked at the younger guy and said you look very very familiar. The older guy I assume was his agent quickly says oh yeah hes' just got one of those faces. He does lighting for the rich etc like the Bush's yada yada yada. I didn't persue thinking nobody really likes to be pressured by a fan so I just let it go at that and shook their hands and said have a good night. We walk outside and I tell Amy I know I've seen that guy before, I never forget a face. I am horrible with names but not faces. I told her I think he's the guy that signed my football during the all access. I only had it signed by 2 guys. One was Alex brink and the other I couldn't remember to save my life. The first thing I did when I got home was do a search on the Texans Roster and found out who it was. Joel Dreessen. How cool is that. Ate dinner and B.Sed with Joel Dreessen over dinner and never knew it. Sorry for the long post but season hasn't started just yet and thought some folks might wanna know.

Cool story. Was this Mama's Cafe on Westheimer?

Excellent place! I don't eat there near as much as I should.

So Dreessen was rolling in a limo? Wow! He was doing it up big apparently for the George Strait concert.

When we were talking with his "agent" he didn't talk much said they were in the suite for a little while then went down to the front row to see George up close. Then they showed up to Mommas around Midnightish. It didn't even dawn on me till I got home and pulled up the roster and saw his picture and showed my wife and she said I'll be damned that is him.

That is a very cool story Andrew we're so lucky to have a nice bunch of guys on our football team.

That is too cool...I loved the vid on the .com site that had Dreesen, DA and Brisiel. Good stuff!

How were the Fried Mushrooms......

Ate there about 10 years ago and haven't been back since, loved their Chicken Fried Steak.

Went with the wife one Sunday parked in the back, as we were leaving watched the cook go out back and pull it out and relieve himself on the back of the building needless to say haven't been back.

Might wanna let Joel know!!!!!:texflag:

How were the Fried Mushrooms......

Ate there about 10 years ago and haven't been back since, loved their Chicken Fried Steak.

Went with the wife one Sunday parked in the back, as we were leaving watched the cook go out back and pull it out and relieve himself on the back of the building needless to say haven't been back.

Might wanna let Joel know!!!!!:texflag:

Mushrooms are pretty good although I didn't get them I got 2 eggs grits and bacon minus the bacon b/c amy ate it and she had the chicken fried chicken with ocra and green been caserole. Appreciate the thought of a cook handling his package before handling my food. I guess couldn't of touched too much of my eggs . . . I hope anyway.

I would like to take this time out to compliment Joel Dreesen on setting the example on how to do your partying while being a professional athlete. 1) Notice the time in which he chose to go out and have a good time - when the team had the weekend off. 2) He went to a concert and now he's just chilling getting something to eat/no strip clubs, night clubs making it rain with a big entourage, and lastly 3) Even if he had a big entourage with him it's cool because nobody is driving except the LIMO DRIVER!!!!! No risk of a DUI and suspension from the league.

Thanks Joel for handling your weekend with responsibility!!!

When I noticed some one that I can't attach a name to, I always ask "aren't you Posh Spice?" Usually gets a me a chuckle or a black eye.

Mama's used to be the weekend call for breakfast tacos and bloody marys when I was in younger. Alot of time there. Cool story

Back