Grossman still trying to get out of Chicago

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houst...-to-get-out-of-Chicago?cid=channel-rss-Sports

2. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

THey need to have more faith in Dano I think

because really we have no choice LOL

3. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I think Rex can be re-trained.

"now go over there and sit"....
    "good boy"

4. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

or re-educated. hell we're outsourcing the rest of our jobs why not Schaub's backup?

5. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

I have a hard time worrying about the opinion of a person that makes this statement. As if Li'l Shanny somehow knows this O better than Kubiak. Please.

6. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Where did I say he knew the O better than Kubiak?

I think Kyle is a good strategist and creative in ways that pushed Kubiak out of his box a bit. He was a bright young mind and I think he challenged Gary and wasn't just a yes man asking for permission to call the base plays.

I liked how they moved Andre around this year and I know Kyle had a lot to do with that. I've heard Kyle speak about how they worked hard on devising multiple looks for base plays to confuse defenses (yes, I know that's what OC's do but Kyle seemed pretty good at it given the career year for Schaub).

When Schaub came off the field, Kyle was in his ear - in a good way - all the way to the bench ... after every drive. They were connected at the hip. I don't know how Dennison will be, and whether he's more of a Kubiak 'offense in a box' guy but I know that's what I will miss from Kyle. They're still looking for a QB coach so the Texans still feel there's still a missing piece.

infantry, do what you have to do on this board to maintain your rep, but next time before you reject someone's opinion like that, why not think first about asking why they made the statement in the first place?

Wolf, Double Barrel and GP like this.
  7. GP

GP Go Texans!

Rep your way.

Kyle brought fresh eyes--and youth--to the equation.

You also allow for Dennison to perhaps be a solid contributor, yet with guarded optimism and not "Well, Dennison will fit right in."

I always wonder if it was the chance to work with his dad, or if it was an easy way out of Houston that allows him to do things more his way.

And back on topic: I don't feel good about our backup QBs. It took Grossman a lot of snaps to finally find a rhythm vs. Jax, but he had already pissed the ball away before Schaub came back in. Not good.

8. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I like Rex's arm strength.
    I don't like Rex's tendency to go "gunslinger" at times.

If we can corral Rex's gunslinger attitude and teach him to throw it away and live for the next down, he might make a decent backup. Kubiak & Co. taught Schaub how not to fumble so much (10 in 11 games in '08, only 3 all of this year) maybe he can train Rex ball security too.

Maybe he's trainable too, but Orlovsky just flat scares me.

And John David Booty, right now anyway, is in the "meh" catagory.

9. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Dennison was the OC over a better offense in Denver in 08 than the Texans offense has ever been. I believe he will be an upgrade over Lil Shanny and Gibbs because he is more committed to the run game than lil Shanny and more up to date on the modern day nuances and adjustments of the ZBS scheme. I hope I'm right on this.

There is also a good chance that Kuper and either Weigman or Hamilton could be added to the OL this offseason by Dennison. This would be a good thing. IMO

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Fair enough. I knee jerked and didn't click through to the article - just reacted to what looked like a throw away line at the end. Do you know the movement and challenging Kubiak from someplace or are you surmising it?

11. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

So you think the Dennison addition will equal a first day RB pick?
    Just askin'....

12. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

i've been thinking, are we still denver south? or has it changed now that Shanny Sr. is gone? can we now be the Shannahan family's disposed inbred baby? i like that one.

13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yeah

I expect a RB to be drafted somewhere in rd. 1/3.

If the pick is in rd 1/2 I dont expect a RB in FA. If a RB is selected in rd 3/5 the Texans will probably get a RB thru trade or FA or both.

14. V3rm0nt3r

V3rm0nt3r All Pro

i doubt that one is taken in the first two rounds. if Gerhart, or another quality big back, is around in the third i expect they'll pick him up but i doubt Kubes game will change that much with the introduction of a new OC. he's still Mike's protoge. i also doubt he tries another big back in free agency after the failure that continues to be Chris Brown. If they don't find somebody in the 3rd to 5th round they like then i fully expect to see a backfield consisting of Slaton, Foster, Moats, and either Henry or Johnson going into the season.

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think the fact that Schaub was able to remain on the field and had a tremendous season, will impact the decision on back up QBs. Orslovsky will remain and I'd not be surprised if Rex is on our roster again. Look for another "project QB" in late rounds or UDFA.

16. Austrian

Austrian Hall of Fame

I wouldn't be surprised to see us getting somone like Mike Kafka in the 7th.

17. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

First round linemen pick.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

All I know is his grand dad wrote scary short stories.

19. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

Oh no!!!! I thought the DanOs rebellion had been squashed.