Grossman done in Chicago...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Dr. Toro, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

He's not the only reason the Bears lost, but they might win that game with Griese. Grossman alternates between being gunshy and taking undue risks, makes the offense ridiculously predictable, and just turns it over too much. He was probably worse against New Orleans, and I hope now we can put to bed the any QB can win a SB theory.

Not to pile on the kid, but he had no business playing in that game. The stats don't look that bad, but he seldom threatened and pretty much gave the game away in the fourth. He's really done up there... he's a million dollar arm and a wooden-nickel head in my opinion. He's got a club option for 2008, but 2007 will be his last. Just doesn't respond to adversity well and way too erratic.

2. CowboysTexansFan

CowboysTexansFan Veteran

Does he remind you of anyone else in the NFL? LOL...

3. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

I doubt he will be starting next year.

4. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

I really think the game would be have more thrilling if the Saints had gone instead. From the beginning I knew Grossman wouldn't be able to help any. Only time in the game I liked the Bears being there was the opening kickoff. Devin Hester, you are an animal.

5. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

He fumbled snaps right into his hands and made throws while not being pressured that were just uncalled for. Sounds familiar to people around here.:) He lost it as much as anyone. The plays he made directly led to either scores or having his defense come back on the field after helping out the team. Look at it this way. Manning ont he Bears easily outduels the Colts. Manning on the Colts makes them better by a little bit. The Bears had talent, just not the triggerman.

6. DarkNinja

DarkNinja Veteran

Even though it rained cats and dogs.....He still played like David Carr. It was a good game.

Wharton likes this.
  7. Mr. B

Mr. B Rookie

Totally agree wishing the Saints would have made it to the Superbowl. Sorry they lost but it just wasn't there day what with the weather and sloppy play.

Man what a party that would have been. Don't think the NFL would have ever seen anything like that.

As for Grossman being done. I don't know I think what happened was just trying to make to much happen in the second half and forcing.

Lots of the Blame could go on the couching. They really could have run the ball more instead.

B

8. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

Not having Benson also hurt them as they didn't have the 1-2 punch they had for the season.

9. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

I thin David Carr would have been able to make some the throws that Rex could not.:stirpot:

10. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

Absolutely... it's a shame really, tough situation for that whole team and Rex. Lovie was in an impossible situation, but it was pretty clear after that Saints game that they didn't have a snowball's chance with Rex behind center. They were 7 point dogs despite outclassing IND in every phase and position on the field except for QB and WR.

His mechanics are awful (in a way that affects his throws), he seems to lack poise, is smaller than ideal, and makes some horrible decisions. He can throw a nice deep ball though.

11. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

Surprisingly, that is what a lot of teams tried to do to the Colts this postseason.

12. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

Let's not feed the flames. :secret:
    Then again, this game could put them in the hunt for a new QB. :stirpot:

13. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

They are in the hunt for a new QB... definitely. At this point, I think they'd want a cool veteran who can just manage ballgames... limited upside but little downside. Griese might be that guy... maybe Schaub's their man... definitely not Plummer.

14. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Maybe they'll make a trade for David Carr thinking he's the answer. Actually...I think Carr would have had a better game than Grossman did today. Grossman has a decent O-line.

15. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Well said. That is exactly what I was getting at. The Bears with another QB..just above average..have the advantage in most areas.

16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I'm not sure. Honestly, the plays being made were like watching a Texans film. Forcing throws while stepping up...floating ones to the outside and fumbling snaps.

17. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

Yeah... a bit foolish, Bob Sanders makes a world of difference, like having another MLB in running situations. Mathis, Freeney, and Sanders surrounded by average players makes for a pretty decent D if your O can control the clock.

18. Stros5Texans80

Stros5Texans80 Veteran

We can ONLY hope! :yes: :pigfly:

19. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

Grossman did about what i expected for a guy who is just now is finally completing his 1st full season being healthy. He's also still young so.... You guys forget that pretty much all through the 1st half the bears led, but i told everyone i talked to about the game that if "bad" Rex showed up, that was at least a 10 pt. spot in favor of the colts.

I think that their defense which was among the tops in the league also let them down a bit IMO. Partly b/c of coaching (where's the blitzing?) Just sitting back & letting Manning dink all game long instead of forcing him to throw before he wanted to, was a big mistake by the coaching staff. More running could have helped them establish some type of ryhthm on offense & maybe could have kept Manning & co. off the field.

But all in hindsight.......

20. Dr. Toro

Dr. Toro All Pro

It's his 4th year in the league, he should have left some of those balls back in Gainesville as a freshman. "Bad Rex" is the Rex against good D's or in close games... 2 TDs and 12 INTs against Minn., Miami, and NE.