Greg Randall

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by done88, Jul 9, 2004.

1. done88

done88 Veteran

Should the Texans resign him for depth? He knows the system and was fair to decent last year. I think he could help buid depth on the O line. idonno:

The big question is why the 49's dumped him so quickly?

2. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

The Jury is still out on Seth Wand. Although they say the guy has looked good in the offseason......It is the offseason. I look great without pads, but let the hitting begin and I'm sure things will look a little different. Sign Randall. If Wand looks good through drills, the preseason, and we feel he's going to be a mojor contributor, cut Randall and move on towards Texan Greatness!

3. TMac48

TMac48 Veteran

I would have resigned him to begin with. :mag:

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

He didn't impress me too much. I think we are fine without him. Let him take his poor work ethic somewhere else.

5. powda

powda Hall of Fame

i wasnt impressed with him either. why sign him? we have enough depth in the ol, and why would he sign? somewhere else he has a better chance to start or at least contribute.

:bag:

(i am bag man for a day.)

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

This guy is a total mystery to me. I got the distinct impression that we wanted
    to resign him, but he didn't want to return. And just like the ESPN article said,
    he was steady for us all year. Just like the year only a couple seasons ago when
    he started every game in regular season, playoffs, right thru the SB with the
    Pats. SB starter - that makes for a pretty impressive line on the resume.
    I also read in several places where he was more or less rated on the same level
    as Todd Wade. But he must have a real attitude problem, know he got in the "dog house" with the Pats' coach for having a KFC, Popeyes, etc. type problem.

7. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Last I had heard, the Rams had signed him. I will try to confirm that...

edit - I think that may have been Ryan Schau I was thinking of.

8. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

I think any chance that Randall had resigning with us was blown when we signed Marcus Spears (I think thats it). Spears seems like an upgrade over him anyway just a little older.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I think that if the Texans had seen anything at all in Randall they would have been happy to keep him. They didn't and so, they didn't. All the potential in the world won't keep him in a job if he's not willing to put in the effort to go along with it. He's going to be a short term solution for any team. I just don't think we need him except possibly as competition in camp and that can be had cheaper than Randall.

10. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well if you look at our offensive tackles right now our starters are seth wand and todd wade...back ups are pitts and spears with dawson, jones, and a long list of unknowns following them...personally i would like to see us try and re-sign randall because he is a solid back up and knows the system