Greg McElroy of Jets Speaks out

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Goldensilence, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ndividuals/srvc=sports&position=recent_bullet

Snippet :
    Definitely a media uproar about his comments. I don't have a problem with it personally. I just think its says a lot about the state of the Jets for a 3rd string QB to say what needs to be said.

2. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

It's the truth, no doubt, but sometimes you need to keep your trap shut outside the confines of the locker room.

Showtime100 likes this.
  3. Blake

Blake MMQB

There has to be some serious internal issues for that team to miss the playoffs. McElroy is entitled to his opinion and right to speak his mind. I think he speaks the truth. It adds up.

4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The Jets are not a team. Therein lies the problem. What really sucks is that just a year or two ago they were.

5. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Personally I think this is a learning curve for Rex, that he can't just keep picking up all the talent off the street that have issues and get them to play as a team. He'll learn from this for sure and make some changes, I can't help but like Rex's attitude, but sometimes he does need to shut it down.

6. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

Yeah but he is also a 3rd string QB. 3rd string players that run their mouth can very easily be shown the door. Maybe he wants that, but he didn't exactly light it up in the Preseason. It would have been smarter to keep his mouth shut, work hard and try to get better as a QB.

7. Doppelganger

Doppelganger None

The problem with Rex is he is the same guy as Ozzie Guillen. As long as he is winning, his antics are funny and light hearted. The second he stops winning, his antics are distracting to the team. Coaches like Rex and Ozzie can only stay in one place so long. I think next year is playoffs or bust for Rex.

GP likes this.
  8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

Rex is like Jerry Glanville. A guy that can get a team fired up for a season or two, but can't keep it going over the long term.

I'm thinking that this is the beginning of the end.

Showtime100 likes this.

9. drs23

drs23 Veteran

No more VIP Suite so back to the recliner
    How could that possibly be? I recently read a quote where he said he'd be the Jets HC "for another 10-15 years".:kitten:

10. Goldensilence

I don't think he lit it up, but he did much better than a lot of people expected, which was why he was kept around. I don't honestly know how much better he can get, he reminds me a lot of Chad Pennington ironically. Weak arm, but high football IQ. Greg's got a great future in coaching if he can't stick around long in the NFL.

I think there's several issues with the Jets, but what it really comes down to is Mark Sanchez IMO. He's just not consistent and even on his "good games" I don't find myself really impressed with him. I thought they were bat shit crazy to make the trade up to get him and I think he's got next year to prove he's the guy that can take them to the promised land.

11. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I'd think this was the year that the Sanchize was supposed to be the man.

For some reason I expect Matt Flynn to be in a Jets uniform.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Bingo.

13. Goldensilence

Supposed to being the operative word. Better or worse the Mark Sanchez experiment for the Jets has one more year. I have a feeling RB will the Jets first pick and they'll look to run the ball more next year and limit Sanchez to managing the game and occasionally making a play.

14. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

lol did you even watch the preseason game where he got hurt? The dude was taking a POUNDING and kept playing..

15. Rey

Rey Guest

Jets are going to get Peyton Manning if he is healthy.

16. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Wouldn't that be something?! NY Jets vs. NY Giants would be EPIC. The media would go nuts. Not to mention Peyton vs. Brady twice a year.

I have a feeling if the Colts do go the route of trying to trade Peyton, they're going to be very respectful of Manning and get a list of teams/coaches that he would want to play for.

17. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I wish they'd trade him to the Rams.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

I thought maybe Tom Moore was already with the Jets this year...as a type of additional "help" with the offense.

If he's still there, then this would easily ramp up the idea that there could be TWO QBs in New York with the last name Manning.

19. Goldensilence

I would also think they would prefer an NFC team if possible. San Fran would make a lot of sense. They prolly have the cap space to make a deal and have a lot of good things in place that would keep Manning in the hunt for a second ring.

Irsay might be saying all the right things concerning Manning, but firing the Polians sends a pretty clear message that he intends to clean house, he's even uttered the words rebuilding. I think its only a matter of time before the new GM axes Caldwell.

Wayne looks like he's gone, Saturday as well, Brackett prolly too.

The real question facing Irsay and the next GM isn't really just the health of Peyton; its the 28 million due to Manning. Whether you're looking at Luck or RG3 the reality is with possibly letting all those pieces is it worth it to rent Peyton for a rebuilding year? Would Irsay force Peyton to stick around after everything? Specially if they choose NFL ready Luck.

20. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

I think if Peyton gets traded he's going to end up with the 49ers.