Greetings from CardsFan!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by CardsFan, Dec 15, 2005.

1. CardsFan

CardsFan Rookie

Hey guys! I hope we have a good game this weekend...I just wanted to get a feel for the Texans this year...I know there's much to say about this club besides your record....How has it been going this year? I wanted to know about the Texans D Line and the Secondary...What are you guys anticipating versus The Cardinals Passing Game?

2. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Well we anticipate you guys to light up Fangio's zone crap. then we expect to pound Kurt Warner and run on you guys all day. Then we expect to blow our lead in the 4th.

3. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

I guess we'll let Warner exhaust himself from passing too much. Then we'll get our running game going :)

4. CardsFan

CardsFan Rookie

Hey Coach C! Well the Cards have had trouble all year in the Red Zone...We'll go up and down the field all day but we can't punch the ball in...we end up settling for a FG all the time...just curious to see what the mood is over there...

5. CardsFan

CardsFan Rookie

Hey Malloy you're right! Warner will throw 50-60 times by the 4th quarter...I'm taking you guys have a solid running game...Marcel and JJ have underachieved for AZ to say the least this year...

6. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

JJ is a stud dont understand why you guys to give him the rock. Could be everyone on your Oline is playing out of posistion, but that is just me. I really thought you guys were going to make some noise this year. And if you all are kicking FGs that is cool with me (got Rackers on my FF league team) gonna need him in the playoffs this week.

7. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the board CardsFan.

I see you guys have allowed 7 special teams touchdowns this year. Watch out for our return man Jerome Mathis, he's the best kickoff return guy out there right now.

Other than that, you'll be able to pass on us all day long. If you have a tight end, use him. He'll be open up the middle.

Domanick will run pretty well. You guys will probably be able to establish a running game against us, considering our run d this year.

8. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Howdy, CarsFan. Welcome to the Texans funny pages! :)

Your boy Warner could look like days of old. We have a wait of making even mediocre and inexperienced QBs look like the return of Joe Montana this year. I hope Kurt doesn't have a career day against us, but it would not surprise me.

Interesting stat TEXANS84 brought up about special teams. That could be the one factor that we have going for us enough to make a difference.

9. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I hope that Warner throws an out to Boldin and he takes Fangio out in the first quarter. Fangio later goes to the locker room and comes back having the daylights knocked out of him. He proceeds to think that he is Monte Kiffin and totally revamps his playbook at halftime and is able to communicate the changes on the fly to the team with absolute wonder. Wait that can''t happen he may save his job.

10. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Kaiser only an act of God would save Fangio's job.

11. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

As long as Warner throws to Fitzgerald he can throw all day long if he wants too. I need fantacy points!!!:)

12. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

kaiser, drugs are for recreational purposes only, not to fight off depressions ;)

13. Tayton

Tayton Veteran

Our secondary is much better now without Buchanan and Coleman. That has been alot of our problem throughout the year. Like a cornered possum, our defense is playing more agressive in the last few weeks. Our special teams are above average (except last week) and unfortunately, unless we find a new way to lose, the Texans will win 2 out of the last 3.

14. CardsFan

CardsFan Rookie

Hey There! Thanks for the responses...It's gonna be a good game...and Yeah I think it'll be interesting to see how the return men do..given that our guy, Reggie "Swintown" Swinton was cut by Houston at the beginning of the season...Your guy can definitely run one back against us..If you noticed our game on Sunday, The WSH returner never even broke his stride on the way to a TD...It's funny to see some of you guys have Warner, Fitz, Boldin, and Rackers on your FF...Those have been our bright spots this year...We should be sittin at 9-4 and not the other way around this year...Believe it or not guys, I'm nervous that the Cards might lose this game come Sunday!

15. Doug

Doug All Pro

Reggie Swinton is definitely one I wish we had back. I saw a ton of promising things from him during the preseason.

16. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yep. But, nooooooooo, we had to keep our stud starter, Corey Bradford.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

We've heard a lot of that the last three weeks. Don't get too worked up until the absolute last second has ticked off the clock.

18. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Don't worry too much, we have a knack for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

19. swtbound07

swtbound07 Jackass of Day!

cough...rackers is my fantasy kicker....cough......need the texans to win 31 to 30, 4 dominack davis 99 yard td runs, 10 50 yard neil rackers field goals.....cough.

20. Texans Horror

Texans Horror Hall of Fame

The team just needs to be reminded that Football games are 60:00 minutes long. Not 58 or 59 minutes. Not 59:55. 60:00. Until the clock says 00:00, anything can happen...