Greenwood

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by hot pickle, Sep 10, 2006.

1. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i just was wonderin why so many people hate him, in my eyes hes a good LB, gets lots of tackles, and is alot of times near the plays, i know people were pissed when we paid so much money for him, but why gotta pay alot of money for players to come to houston when we have never had a winning season

2. TFL

TFL Veteran

Alot of people hate him becuase last year he made lots of tackles, but they where like 5-6 yards down field.

3. noxiousdog

noxiousdog All Pro

It's leftover from last year. He was brought in to be a MLB, and he clearly couldn't handle the duties.

4. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Greenwood still didn't play up to his contract, BUT he was much closer to it from the will than he was as a MLB. At MLB he was an overpaid Foreman--lots of tackles and lots of yards given up before the tackles.

5. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

My problem with Greenwood is that I expect LBs to be the guys making the defense work. Greenwood seems to be OK with just not making a lot of mistakes - I could tolerate that if he were playing FS. He's not fast enough for that position, though. I could probably also deal with it if he were tough enough to be the strongside backer - just tie up the blocker and let DeMeco make the play. However, he's our weakside backer. He needs to be playing with aggression.