Great Board - Thanks!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Bamaborn-Texasbred, May 24, 2006.

1. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

I don't know how I didn't get to this board sooner.

I say "Thanks" to everyone who participates in the running and content of this message board.

Most of the threads on the other boards I have been to sound like 16 yr olds screaming obscenities and calling each other idiots.

I like it here and plan to be around for awhile.

Again, Thanks.

:)

Double Barrel likes this.
  2. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

It's funny because I think the same thing. Every day I would go to this board and a different board (not going to mention it) and on both I post often. The other board I was on turned every thread into a fight, and would call people names and say stupid stuff. This board here is the exact opposite, as everyone realizes that different people have different opinions. If you are not right people on here correct you when maybe you are wrong, or nicely state their reason for opposition, instead of turning it into a bashing. I would also like to thank almost every single member for being mature and respectful of others on this board.

3. Bamaborn-Texasbred

I'll tip my Coca-Cola to that. Have to wait til later for a beer to toast you with.

4. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

You should of been here for the Bush/Young/Carr stinks posts.

Other than that it is pretty civil.

5. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Only 5 more years...:party:

6. Meloy

Meloy Hall of Fame

I look forward to your input amd questions.

7. Bamaborn-Texasbred

I saw all of that on the ESPN boards! It was brutal there. Couldn't have been nearly as bad here.

You can tell by my screen name where I stood on the issue. Apparently no one was willing to give McNair the "Godfather" deal he was looking for.

I wanted Bush when it was apparent that there was going to be no trade, but I have gotten over it. I think Mario is going to be a great addition to this team on and off the field. I can't wait to see him ride a QB to the turf. I'd like to see him and Dunta hit Manning at the same time!

8. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think it was the same for all of us. For a few days we were all in shock about what happened and then most of us got over it, as we still got a great player. The problem was that the media made us look like we were the most depressed fans ever for a few weeks after that because we took Super Mario.

9. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Not to be argumentative :) ... but it was insane here. Absolutely, clinically insane. There was so much of the Jesus Young and 3000 Yard Bush and Carr Isn't Fit to Lick My Shoes rhetoric going on here for awhile. It was like a contest to see who could be more hyperbolic.

Speaking of, it's amazing to be here now that it is has calmed down and we are all talking Texans football once again.

I do appreciate the job our mods do though.

And welcome to the MB.

10. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Thanks.

I'd rather read hyperbole than ^%#^&^*%$#$%#$%#%%!
    on every other post.

11. real

real Guest

You've been a member since febuary and you're just now giving thanx???!!!!....:jk:

12. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

Well it was obvious that everyone in the texas area really liked Vince Young. It took me a day or two to get out of my Vince Young coma after the Rose Bowl. A lot of people seemed to think that he could really improve our team, which I'm not going to comment on, because we don't need to turn this into one of those threads. I just wasn't as high on him as most of you were, and that's probably because I don't live even close to Texas. A lot of people really hated David then.

13. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Haha!

who is the CRAIG in your quote?

14. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I look forward to you helping us keep it this way.

15. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

This is one of the best message boards I've ever been on. The mods do a great job of filtering the trash out. Thanks to Vinny and the rest of the volunteers for making this a great place.

16. real

real Guest

It's from a movie called Friday...

17. Bamaborn-Texasbred

With Ice Cube?

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Welcome to the terrordome. :) Appreciate new blood to add to the electic mix of great posters and most importantly fellow Texan fans.

We are here because we bleed Battle Red, Liberty White and Maligned Blue (uniform joke). If you can cut through the emotions and sarcasm of some of the posts you will find this place a very interesting and diverse community.

19. colts18288

colts18288 Rookie

For the most part all boards have childish behavior. The board here has some very knowledgable fans. Very good topics, and for the most part honest opionins. We all have the homers and Trolls on our Teams Home boards but you guys pretty much keep yours in line here.

Alot of respectable members with much insight on football, I look forward to posting with you guys for a long time.

Here's to the new rivalry in the South the Colts and Texans, New staff this year=you guys being the suprise team in the NFL. Titans I would like to offically welcome you to the CELLAR:stirpot:

20. Bamaborn-Texasbred

So far some of our most memorable division games have been against Jacksonville, but that is because the Colts have been killing us. I hope our Texans get a lot better sooner than later.

After rooting for the Oilers all those years it was a slap in the face to see the core group of guys playing in a Superbowl wearing a different uniform and playing for a different city.

I look forward to more competitive divisional games, and I look forward to plenty to discuss with all of you this upcoming season.