Grantland Bill Barnwell on Texans vs Patriots

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Jules Winnfield, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Jules Winnfield

Jules Winnfield BMF

Houston Texans (12-4) at New England Patriots (12-4)

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8834699/bill-barnwell-sunday-slate-nfl-playoff-games

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Hey Jules, you can't throw a full copyNpaste down....Keep it to a tease and a link. I fixed it for you btw

3. Dishman

Dishman Miss Ya Blue

Yup.

4. Surreal McCoy

Surreal McCoy All Pro

It was only infuriating if you wanted the Texans to lose. Looks like Kubes made the right decisions on those FGs - even with a dodgy kicker. Well done, Kubiak, we're gonna need even more level headed thinking come Sunday to have a chance at the upset.

5. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

in all honesty I think the wild card game was a blessing in disguise. there was a nice step change on performance on both sides of the ball and we need another step change to compete on the next level.

honestly font know of we could have handled these Bengals the way we were playing last week, much less the week before.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Ridiculous. But I expected someone to come up with this rationalization much earlier.

7. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I'm not giving them a pass for not doing what they needed to do. Even with our health issues, it does not excuse getting beat by a team as bad as the Colts, regardless where they played.

Just saying, I'm glad they shook off some of the funk they had there in December.

8. hradhak

hradhak Site Contributor

I'd agree with it. If we squeaked out a win against the Colts we would have struggled with the 2 weeks off. The Bengals game gave us a chance to get the offense working again. Our RZ troubles are certainly worrisome. I wanna see Gary mix it up on the goal line. None of the teams I've seen so far still in the playoffs are struggling in the RZ like we are now.