Grambling State players refuse to play

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Ranger Tom, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Ranger Tom

Ranger Tom Hall of Fame

Link

This is crazy. I've never heard of a program that was so far down in the dumps.

UPDATE: Read the story, get the details. This isn't some petty little temper tantrum, people.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Haven't they been refusing to play all year?

3. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Seems like they need to find out who wants to keep their scholarships and who doesn't. Time to start a new program with guys who want to be at Grambling. These young men need to find out the consequences of their actions. Tomorrow isn't soon enough. IMHO

4. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

[​IMG]
    Mold/mildew on shoulder pads

http://espn.go.com/college-football...-players-send-letter-complaint-administration

5. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

Gained some respect for those young men. Many wouldn't have the nerve to even take this step. From what I hear about the conditions their team has to deal with it is beyond ridiculous and I can see the reason behind their stance. Nice to see them taking a stance here.

6. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

What were you saying?

7. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

If grambling can't afford to have a football team they need to disband it and let these young men play somewhere else.

8. Rey

Rey Guest

Man...I have a former student that is a freshman on gramblings team. He always said he didn't care about football and just wanted the free education. He might get his wish.

9. deucetx

deucetx All Pro

They are reportedly heading back to the practice field after reaching out to former head coach Doug Williams: Here's a letter from one of the defensive backs:

http://college-football.si.com/2013/10/21/grambling-state-players-end-boycott-return-field/

10. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

A good janitorial would have helped with some issues, but not the bus trips. Guess they were not 14 hour trips before the kids decided to go to Grambling? Anyway that is way too long. Hope something can be worked out to improve situation and allow kids to play.

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Unsafe facilities, if leading to recurrent staph infections, seems like a legal matter to me. I wouldn't 'resume playing football' if it meant dealing with something like that. The school better pay attention or they are in for a serious lawsuit