Rookie
Contributor's Club

Excerpts:
PICK NO. 2: HOUSTON TEXANS: QB C.J. STROUD
Overall Rookie Grade: 75.3 (Rank: 1/3)
Principal Opponent: N/A
Week 5 Snaps: 59
Week 5 Grade: 74.2

The Texans continue to give Stroud clean pockets, and he continues to excel in them. His solid 75.8 clean-pocket passing grade in Week 5 was punctuated by a terrific throw up the seam that gave Houston a late lead. Unfortunately, Houston's defense couldn’t hold up its end of the bargain. Regardless, Stroud is the fourth-highest-graded quarterback in the NFL over the past three weeks and has yet to throw an interception. He’s firmly in the Rookie of the Year race.

PICK NO. 3: HOUSTON TEXANS: EDGE WILL ANDERSON JR.
Overall Rookie Grade: 74.8 (Rank: 1/14)
Principal Opponent:
Kaleb McGary
Week 5 Snaps: 51
Week 5 Grade: 63.3

Anderson had an inconsistent Week 5. Despite collecting another three pressures, he posted a season-low 55.3 pass-rushing grade and has gone four straight games without a sack. Equally important against Atlanta, though, were his five run stops and coinciding 73.5 run-defense grade. Anderson showcased an increased physicality this week while using his trademark quickness to make several plays from the backside. Seeing him add a more physical dimension to his game is an encouraging sign that he is becoming an all-around game-wrecker.

Excerpts:
PICK NO. 2: HOUSTON TEXANS: QB C.J. STROUD
Overall Rookie Grade: 75.3 (Rank: 1/3)
Principal Opponent: N/A
Week 5 Snaps: 59
Week 5 Grade: 74.2

The Texans continue to give Stroud clean pockets, and he continues to excel in them. His solid 75.8 clean-pocket passing grade in Week 5 was punctuated by a terrific throw up the seam that gave Houston a late lead. Unfortunately, Houston's defense couldn’t hold up its end of the bargain. Regardless, Stroud is the fourth-highest-graded quarterback in the NFL over the past three weeks and has yet to throw an interception. He’s firmly in the Rookie of the Year race.

PICK NO. 3: HOUSTON TEXANS: EDGE WILL ANDERSON JR.
Overall Rookie Grade: 74.8 (Rank: 1/14)
Principal Opponent:
Kaleb McGary
Week 5 Snaps: 51
Week 5 Grade: 63.3

Anderson had an inconsistent Week 5. Despite collecting another three pressures, he posted a season-low 55.3 pass-rushing grade and has gone four straight games without a sack. Equally important against Atlanta, though, were his five run stops and coinciding 73.5 run-defense grade. Anderson showcased an increased physicality this week while using his trademark quickness to make several plays from the backside. Seeing him add a more physical dimension to his game is an encouraging sign that he is becoming an all-around game-wrecker.
PFF is unreliable because they grade without context, minus run/pass play. They don't know the assignments in the different protections or routes on offense or the defensive assignments minus man or zone. Without knowing exactly what a particular player was tasked to do vs what they actually did, it's all just mental masturbation. You and I can do this just as well.

PFF is unreliable because they grade without context, minus run/pass play. They don't know the assignments in the different protections or routes on offense or the defensive assignments minus man or zone. Without knowing exactly what a particular player was tasked to do vs what they actually did, it's all just mental masturbation. You and I can do this just as well.
That and trying to judge play by play tends to not see the forest for the trees. I would trust a more holistic approach to grading. Did he make impact plays? Did the opponent have to scheme for him? Chip, double team, roll away from. Those things aren't binary.

Pff is a useful tool, but it’s definitely not the end all, be all. I don’t dismiss their grades, but I do take them with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, happy to see Will and CJ getting some love.

Yep. But it's fun for discussion.

Three different threads. I checked out his post history and he seems to complain a LOT. As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions.
What about responding to the post and not the member do you not understand? Clearly, you know what you should do. You are choosing to do something else.

Back