Goodbye Mr. Carr

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Sportsfan, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

I've taken up for Carr over the years and still think he can be a good QB behind a good line but its time to say goodbye and move in a different direction next year. Bring in a vet or start Rosenfels. Draft Kolb or some other QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him backup for a year or so.

Grid likes this.
  2. actionbull

actionbull Rookie

Get Kolb asap. Carr is a loser...

3. afcman

afcman Veteran

+1. I think the same way. We need a kick start BADLY.

4. actionbull

actionbull Rookie

Cowboys line sucked too before they got a qb everyone wanted to block for or someone who would kick their crack if they didn't.

5. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I agree. I like Carr, he's a good guy and has the physical tools to succeed, but sometimes you just need a change of scenery. At least bring in a guy to compete for the starting job if Kubiak decides to stick with Carr for another year.. Heck, bring Plummer in and say that the QB job is wide open during the spring and training camp between Plummer, Carr, and Rosenfels.

6. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I agree Sportsfan, wholeheartedly.

I like Carr..I like his attitude, his intelligence, and his physical abilities as a QB.. but he is no longer the answer for us. Even if he made a miracle comeback, I think that he has totally lost this fanbase, and he just cant be successful here.

Thanks for voicing your opinion eloquently, and without insulting Carr, McNair, or Kubiak. That kind of thing is completely unnecessary.

If ya dont like Carr's play on the field, fine.. say so.. but if you have ever met Carr or the Carr family, you would think twice about all the insults. Great guy, great family.. I hope Carr gets on with a good team and gets a chance to grow in an established offense.. and maybe has a moment in the sun before he retires.

7. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Good riddance.

8. afcman

afcman Veteran

I don't. I think he's mentally beat up. He doesn't show any "get up and go". No spirit. I'm amazed he hasn't said, "I've had enough". I give him credit for not quiting so far.

9. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

Yeah I figure there's no reason to insult the guy. He's the victim of Casserly's, Caper's, and Palmer's poor decisions for the first 4 years of his career.
    I'd really like to see him stick around and work w/Kubiak more and let us continue to build a solid O-line and have a game changing RB like A. Peterson back there w/him, but this is a business and McNair and company MUST do something or they'll start losing fans and therefore lose money. And i don't care how good of a character guy McNair is, he's running a business and he'll soon realize (hopefully he has already) how horrid this franchise has become and heads will roll.
    The Texans are the most losing franchise in the last 5 years, swallow that.
    Anyway, I wish Carr luck and I hope he can bounce back and have a good career. We need a change though. I don't care what they do, its time to win though.

10. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

Two things come to mind:
    1. the abc's of football "Anything But Carr"
    2. The Beatles song " Baby you can have my Carr":shades:

11. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Yes but will Kolb kneel with Mr. McNair. Or addressing as yessir and nosir. If he shows any independence he's not going to fit in here. I mean what if he kicks up his heels at Gilleys and get's into a fight in the parking lot. Mr. McNair and his wife will just die. This is a class business here and by golly it's going to put the capital B in business. If you weren't punching a clock before you got here, you will soon after. Until we accept the problem is at the top, we will not see why this is all happening. The guy at the top is a Jimmy Carter cookie cutter. He probably sets the racket ball court schedules and decides the font size on the brochures. McNair needs to disappear from decision making. When he said he was going to have to get more involved after he canned Casserly and Capers was anyone doubting his hands were all over the drafts up to that point? And does anyone doubt he made the decision on who to draft last year with the first pick?

12. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

I like DC as a person, but its time for him to go. Most fans do not want him here anymore, and I dont think DC wants to be here anymore either.

13. Texan Gal 312

Texan Gal 312 Veteran

14. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

15. Sportsfan

Sportsfan All Pro

The word "Casserly" has become a thorn in my side much like the word "Bud" :mad:

16. shinerbock_girl

shinerbock_girl Hall of Fame

Tom Landry...

17. ib4texans

ib4texans Veteran

I agree,he needs to make other people accountable for the lack of performance they are gettting away with. A few of those sacks yesterday were wholesale slaughter,had to be missed assignments.

18. shinerbock_girl

oh ok...Misread it...i try to block out the Cowgirls as much as possible.

19. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

this thread was the inspiration for my avy.

20. shinerbock_girl

I do think Carr has lost his total confidence and not sure he will be able to get that back...We can only hope..Till then Sage might be a good option till Carr can work his way back up to starting...For next year that is...