Good news: We now have the #1 pick

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by bignasty, Nov 13, 2005.

1. bignasty

bignasty Veteran

Bring on the trading partners

2. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

only because the pack pulled out a win :)

7 more games to go, alot can still happen

3. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

I should go get a Texans jersey customized. The one in my avatar will look sweeeet:texflag:

4. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

man there are a lot of horrible teams this year. 7 teams are 2 and 7. so if we win one we could drop to the 8th spot. depending on strength of schedule.

5. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Right now we are tops of strength of schedule. And bigcarlos I sincerely hope that I never have to see that particular jersey in Houston Texans Battle Red.

6. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

Who would you like to see coach. Personally I think any change right now would help. I just wanna see the Texans do better. So I hope we do get that 1st pick and use it wisely.

7. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

I agree, VY is not and will never be an NFL QB...

8. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

lets not make things harder than they already are. we need a ton (literally) of talent added to this Texans roster, it does not cut it across the board. watching all the D-Lineman go down today reminded me once again why Casserly & Cappers saw such a need to draft the best DT in the draft, what a mess. then all the injurys to the offensive line, its either some kind of curse of the worst luck in the world. not to mention out of all those players on both lines Travis Johnson is the only one drafted from the 1st rd. (I'm guessing on this one so if anyone knows better please correct me if I'm wrong).

The Texans have a pair of 1st rd corners in PB & DR, but the safetys and nickel backs are all reserves with Coleman on the downside of his career. The Linebacking core has been heavily invested in but once again sustained multiple injurys and lacks depth. The offensive backfield has a lone 1st rd pick in Carr, Hollings is the highest drafted RB (2nd rd pick) with just two receivers drafted in franchise history 1st two rounds.

In a nutshell where is all the talent after 4 years of drafts and free agency? with the combination of injurys and lack of talent our record makes a little more sense if you think about it. Today I thought the Texans played hard and about as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

9. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

He will be, he will be a very soild and athletic QB. I dont particuarlly like him, but he will be a good NFL QB.

10. bigcarlos

bigcarlos Veteran

Okay Aggy:texflag:

11. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

I am an Aggie, but I think VY will be a good QB in this league comparable to Randall Cunningham. He will need 2 to 3 years in the league before he is a legitimate passing threat, but after he becomes one watch out if they put talent around him. If he goes to a place like Detroit or Baltimore he will be lights out in year 3.

12. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

I am in favor of an all U draft.
    1. Eric Winston
    2. Orien Harris
    3.a Sinorice Moss
    3.b Greg Threat
    4. Rocky McIntosh
    5. Kelly Jennings
    6. Javon Nanton
    7 Leon Williams

13. YoungTexanFan

thats new, and quite unique. I have a different oppinion and dont actually agree with any of the people you have selected. I love the U, but i dont want any of their guys this year, unless winston falls to the second.:rolleyes: :ok:

14. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

It is just an unique take on the draft. Rocky McIntosh, Threat, Moss, Winston, Jennings will be good players in this league. With rocky, moss, and winston likely being future pro-bowlers.

15. YoungTexanFan

Winston should be a pro-bowler easily. McIntosh reminds me of keith bullock, if he succedes, it will not be imediate. I do not see moss making the pro-bowl.

16. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Santana will make it this year and Sinorice is at least as good as him. He is fast and sure handed, plus would be a good return option for the oft-injured mathis. I am thinking along the lines of roscoe parrish but a little faster.

17. kenneth24

kenneth24 Veteran

Only hope for VY in a Texans uniform is for the Texans to switch to a veer offense, so he doesn't get shell-shocked also

18. texan0305

texan0305 Veteran

Reggie bush....... Man i'm kinda so-so on this vince young talk i think he has a chance to be a great nfl quarterback but he seriously is nothing like any of the other running qbs to come out, he's tall very athletic, and he's proven to play big at every level so who knows he might be a good nfl qb...but then again he could turn out like andre ware.....

19. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

texan think Randall Cunningham. A guy that was a runner and learned to pass the ball. That is what VY will do in the league. He has the talent to be really good. He goes to Detroit and watch out.

20. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Well we run a risk always while drafting a QB Like Young Or leinart they have a chance to be a bust like what we have know lets say we draft Vince young or Matt Lion Heart they can pretty much turn out to be a bust Like Carr Ware Shuler And leaf.