Good news for trade down fans

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by BuffSoldier, Feb 26, 2006.

1. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

http://nfl.com/draft/story/9256785

Very interesting. The amount of players that the Texans want will influence their decision on trading down or not. I would think that after going 2-14 they would want quite a few players, but that just my opinion. I now think the Texans are considering the move down even more than I expected.

But I just want to know who is the "High-ranking Houston official" that he spoke to. I know CC is there, so is Kubiak, alot of other scouts are there, but would they be considered "high-ranking officials"?

2. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

Texans | Team exploring trading No. 1 pick
    Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:54:01 -0800

Cliff Brunt, of the Associated Press, Houston Texans general manager Charley Casserly said Sunday, Feb. 25, that the Texans have been talking to teams about possibly trading the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. "There's clearly players at the top of this draft that are marquee players," Casserly said. "Players that are impact players, players that are going to go to the Pro Bowl, players that are going to sell tickets. We're going to get offers for this pick. We've already had discussions with teams. I think there's value in our pick."
    KFFL

3. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

This is very good news, I have always been a proponent of the trade down, but have been doubting our ability to get a trade down partner that would truly help us fill our needs. Of course, they further down we go inthe draft, the more picks we get in the later rounds, something that will be very beneficial in this particular draft.

4. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I took the number of player we want to mean the number of players players at the top of the draft not total draft picks that they would want. In other words, who many picks could they drop and still get a player that the organization considers having the chance to be a true impact guy.

5. BuffSoldier

BuffSoldier Hall of Fame

I see what you mean, dependinf on how many first round players they want will determin how far they trade down. But I saw it as in extra picks that we may aquire for extra players.