Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Good luck the rest of the way; you just ran up against a fired up BILLS team

wyobilzfan

Practice Squad
Texan fans,

Again, many thanks to one of the classiest group of fans in the NFL.

You're team is obviously much more talented than they looked today. JP Losman is looking like the real deal, and that was the difference maker. He looked like a vet out there. The BILLS D is scary... seriously, they are picking up just where they left off last season with dominant play AND takeaways.

I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way this year. Sometimes a big stinker of a game can bring the best out. A few years ago, the BILLS came out and beat the Patriots 31-0. They only went on a tear and won two Super Bowls since then. Sometimes a drubbing actually does something MORE to inspire a team than a close loss.

Best wishes the rest of the way... put this one behind you and look for your team to bounce back big next week.

Take care,

wyobilzfan

Yeah, thanks for the bit of optimism. Good luck to you guys... although you wont need much with that D.

JP Lossman played against an offense that didn't force him to make any better plays. If we would've had a better offensive game we could've won and Lossman would've been forced to make better plays. I give it up to your d though.

Losman looks like the real deal. I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw from him today. Moulds is one of the most underrated receivers to ever play this game.

I disagree. What I agree with is that they fired their head coach and the new coach came in and said we have to fix the Left side of our O-line and went out and got players to do that. But again wasn't that what we said we had to do but there were not players available. Hmm, some kind of disconnect here. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Ibar_Harry said:
I disagree. What I agree with is that they fired their head coach and the new coach came in and said we have to fix the Left side of our O-line and went out and got players to do that. But again wasn't that what we said we had to do but there were not players available. Hmm, some kind of disconnect here. Can anyone tell me what it is?

We didnt fire our headcoach last season. We fired him the season before that, Mularky in his debut season went 9-7 this season we are going 11-5 :ok:

Okay, I came on to this board to say, nice try.. and you guys indeed have somthing special. Facing the bills week one is not a very good idea, I know i'm being cocky, but we had the weapons that you guys needed to win. You guy shave somt hing special, and in 2 years, you guys will be celebrating at ur houses/bars, etc etc. David carr, had a horrible game, and he's better than that, davis, an outstanding running back that is proven imo and will be great the rest of the season. The bills deefense is why we won this game period, other than maybe jp losman doing pretyt well for a qb. Nice try texans, you guys will have somt ihng special you have a good team, just need to work on ur deefense. /turnovers.

Good game guys, i cant say i am dissapointed with the result liek im shure you guys are.Here are some of my notess of both teams, ill try and keep it short.

Bills:

Offense:
looked better than last year without bledose, much quicker and made many great descicions. O-line was some of the best blocking the bills have ever seen. Jp looks as if his learning curve will be small, he only had one real msitake. (you guys should be pissed at whover that was for dropping the interception) I think we can be a lethal team if we can just get our red zone offense better, which roscoe parrish's return should help with.

Defense: Not much to say other than just like last year.

Special Teams: Return game was not as up to speed as it was last year, the coverage game was pretty good, and our kicker looks to have had much improvement.

Texans:

Offense: looked like you guys have a pretty good O, but were jsut struggling against our great D. Main problem was that you only have 1 reciver, if you can get the others to participate and contribute a little bit then you should be a threat to any d. Carr also needs to be a bit more aware on the blitzez.

Defense: i cant really say much cause i was payign to close attention to our O, but i can say you guys have a pretty damn good red zone defense.

Special teams: Again i cant say much, looked like a kinda mediocre to good st's performance to me.

I think you guys can make the playoffs, but with your sched. you will need to make all improvements quickly.

Losman looked good against us. I am interested to see what he looks like against a real defense.
Your defense looks very good- definitely a top five unit.

Our offense is absolutely pathetic in all facets. Much of it had to do with your D, but quite a bit was simply incompetance.
Defense was subpar and yet still the highlight of the day.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Thank you for the responses. I only wished we would have given you guys a better game. We are just a tad bit better than that.

Good luck this season. You have a well coached team.

thanks for the gl comments, i am dreading going on the miami board after that game and having them all hating on us, but i have to.

good luck to you guys to.

The nice comments are appreciated. I think the OL is still not there yet. You could have Jerry Rice in his prime on this team. It really wouldn't matter with this OL. What is amazing is that they just spent a bundle on Pitts. Here is my geuss. He will be the future right tackle and they will draft a LT.

Carr, AJ and DD can't do it all. Bufalo was putting 8 men in the box on most first downs, because of the constant pattern of running on 1st downs. As for a WR that the opposition has to respect opposite of AJ, that player will be Mathis. This is just his first year. BY next year he should be ready for that role. In the meantime, AJ is getting doubled all day long and the opposing defenses will continue to get pressure up the middle on us so get used to him getting few catches unless we are playing a horrible defense.

I think the Texans Defense was fine. The problem was that the offense kept turing it over in Houston territory and the defense was on the field for a while. Not to mention Willis did not get a TD as well as all those WR. When the only TD comes from a OL player on a busted play, I would the defense will be fine.

ST will improve with Mathis as the kick returner.

Last note. I wish we could get our 2nd and 3rd round picks back for P Buc and kept Glenn, because honestly I saw no difference in the way P Buc played and Aaron Glenn. The biggest difference is losing those picks. IMHO

Buffalo Bills,
You can only pray that every team the Bills face has such a horrid OL. Our defense gave up FGS for two reasons. Turnovers that put you at the doorstep and a tired defense. When the Bills face a team with an OL I am sure you will see the difference.

El Tejano said:
JP Lossman played against an offense that didn't force him to make any better plays. If we would've had a better offensive game we could've won and Lossman would've been forced to make better plays. I give it up to your d though.
Thats like saying if we would have scored more points we could have won.

rittenhouserobz said:
The nice comments are appreciated. I think the OL is still not there yet. You could have Jerry Rice in his prime on this team. It really wouldn't matter with this OL. What is amazing is that they just spent a bundle on Pitts. Here is my geuss. He will be the future right tackle and they will draft a LT.

^^^^^I totally agree with this^^^^^

Carr, AJ and DD can't do it all. Bufalo was putting 8 men in the box on most first downs, because of the constant pattern of running on 1st downs. As for a WR that the opposition has to respect opposite of AJ, that player will be Mathis. This is just his first year. BY next year he should be ready for that role. In the meantime, AJ is getting doubled all day long and the opposing defenses will continue to get pressure up the middle on us so get used to him getting few catches unless we are playing a horrible defense.

^^^^Carr needs to look at more guys than just AJ and DD but lets face it, the protection our O-line is giving him is in most cases in just unacceptable. Did Carr have a bad game?? I have no clue he was running for his life the whole game.^^^^

I think the Texans Defense was fine. The problem was that the offense kept turing it over in Houston territory and the defense was on the field for a while. Not to mention Willis did not get a TD as well as all those WR. When the only TD comes from a OL player on a busted play, I would the defense will be fine.

^^^^Our Defense played OK. Yeah they ended up on the field too much. They need to create more turnovers.(our Offense needs to not cough the ball as much as today). Our D-line played BAD. The put no pressue at all on JP and the Bills were able to run the ball at will on us.^^^^

ST will improve with Mathis as the kick returner.

Last note. I wish we could get our 2nd and 3rd round picks back for P Buc and kept Glenn, because honestly I saw no difference in the way P Buc played and Aaron Glenn. The biggest difference is losing those picks. IMHO
^^^^The P Buc decision was not made for this year. Glen has one more year of good play left max. When your team has ZERO pass rush it makes your DBs look really bad.^^^^

From my observations, the comments here about your D getting tired from the poor play on O was definitely a valid statement.

But to those of you that say it will all be different when the BILLS face a better offense, I think you missed the real strength of this BILLS team. Bring it on... bring on a better offense. The BILLS D is far better than you are giving credit for... just listen to what your QB said about the BILLS D.

He gave it up on NFL Network and said he'd never faced such a dominating defense.

And David Carr is in NO WAY as bad a QB as he looked. He just faced a defense that KNOWS they have to be the BEST EVER to give our team a chance against the Patriots in the toughest division in the NFL with a QB who has to learn on the go. They KNOW they have to have JP's back while he gains some confidence.

Domanick Davis is an ELITE player. But it really hurt that there was apparently no one but Andre Johnson out there as a real threat. I have NOTHING but respect for Domanick and Andre.

The only negative I can say that I see in Carr that doesn't bode well from my viewpoint is that he doesn't seem to play with fire in his belly. Unfortunately, he reminds me of Dreadslow that way. He's got to come out and assert himself as the undisputed leader of the team. I've not seen that from him the few times I've seen him play.

And the CowPies are about to find out that the Statue of Liberty will lull them into thinking he's for real, until reality smacks him back down to the mediocre player he has ALWAYS been. The Patriots hoodwinked us into BILLieving in Dreadsoe. We got rolled, but got rid of him because we KNEW that the BILLS would ALWAYS be 0-2 against the Patriots with him at the helm. But I digress...

Your boy Carr needs someone to light a fire under him. Once that happens, he will blossom. Being "laid back" is a recipe for mediocrity in thei NFL in my opinion. Maybe this game will kickstart a little fire in him. Then watch out, he will burn some teams big time.

hey texans fans, bills fan here, and i just wanted to say thanks for a good clean game, no trash talking or nothing, and ur fans that came up were really cool, good luck this season, i have high hopes for my team this year, losman looked good in his opener, so alot of peopl ein buffalo are feeling good right now, take care and go bills! :)

"Good luck the rest of the way; you just ran up against a fired up BILLS team"

Um, actually you guys ran up against a pretty bad football team today. I would be cautiously optimistic as its a long season. A playoff team would have beaten us by 40 today...(ie, turnovers). But thanks anyway...

bills are number 1 said:
Okay, I came on to this board to say, nice try.. and you guys indeed have somthing special. Facing the bills week one is not a very good idea, I know i'm being cocky, but we had the weapons that you guys needed to win. You guy shave somt hing special, and in 2 years, you guys will be celebrating at ur houses/bars, etc etc. David carr, had a horrible game, and he's better than that, davis, an outstanding running back that is proven imo and will be great the rest of the season. The bills deefense is why we won this game period, other than maybe jp losman doing pretyt well for a qb. Nice try texans, you guys will have somt ihng special you have a good team, just need to work on ur deefense. /turnovers.

Maybe it's just me, but did I miss something? Can NFL teams make their own schedules now?

the best team won this game, your defense is as good being good as our offense is good at being bad. Good luck on the rest of the year.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Best wishes against the squeelers. No doubt the BILLS have a LOT of work to do, and going into Tampa Bay is going to be very difficult.

Appreciate the kind words, wyo, and all the other Bills fans who came in as gracious winners. I was REALLY impressed with that defense, and although I think it's waaaaaaay too early to say Losman's definitely a solid QB, he had a good start to his NFL career.

And Willis is Willis, nothin' more needs to be said.

I disagree on the AFC East being the "toughest division in the NFL," though, especially after seeing the Jets crash and burn so miserably. But that's a discussion for another thread. :)

Best of luck to y'all from here on out. Enjoy the season--you should have lots of highlights ahead.

good luck buffalo, it will be interesting to see how you do in Tampa Bay this week, when you actually play against an NFL team.

Thanks Billzfan. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way!!
You have some great YOUNG talent with Losman and McGehee!!!

bobby 119C :ok:

Please Texan fans, grow some balls you jus got your *** handed to you, yet you let bills fans hang around here, like its a cocktail party. This is football, support your team

Please show some fire man, My steelers are rolling into town and i want some real trash talk even if your team isnt that great, make it interesting its no fun to talk trash and basically lay down and take it.

Shauk25 said:
Please Texan fans, grow some balls you jus got your *** handed to you, yet you let bills fans hang around here, like its a cocktail party. This is football, support your team

Please show some fire man, My steelers are rolling into town and i want some real trash talk even if your team isnt that great, make it interesting its no fun to talk trash and basically lay down and take it.
if you find it sporting to watch a lion devour a sheep, then have fun, you're in for a treat... otherwise you might wanna check out golf, bowling, etc.

Shauk25 said:

The Bills fans have also been very respectable...They were the better team that won Sunday, and we know that..Yet they have not rubbed it in our faces....They also stay around here for intelligent football talk....They are accepted as a part of our community as much as iam a part of theirs and other Texans fans.....

txhoosier said:
Losman looks like the real deal. I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw from him today. Moulds is one of the most underrated receivers to ever play this game.

Bill's WR Eric Moulds is not underrated at all! The issue with Moulds is that he's not as good as people think or want to believe he is. His name has always been tossed in with Harrison, Moss & T. Owens when he's not in that class at all. For example. Eric caught a lot of passes last year but had only one game over 100 yds. receiving and scored a mere five (5) td's. Underrated? Not hardly, Eric is a singles hitter and he get's all the credit he deserves.

Back