Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Go to the Games or Watch them on TV at home?

MyTicketin

Texans Tickets

Personally I go to every home game possible.

But over the last couple years I hear more and more people prefer to watch the game from the comfort of their living room or local bar.

Why is this ?

But over the last couple years I hear more and more people prefer to watch the game from the comfort of their living room or local bar.

Why is this ?

Better views, HD picture, Surround Sound. No loud annoying drunk guy behind me spilling beer all over my back. Oh and the food and beer at home is way cheaper.

haha yeah that sounds about right, and that is why i enjoy my games from home . I will go to 1 a year sometimes, but i dont enjoy those as much

It sounds like you would prefer the Club sections or a Private Suite experience. Sometimes its the little things that can ruin a good game.

i was gonna say yes until i found out ryan fitzpatrick was our starter.

i dont even know if ill watch them on tv.

that's what happens when you name ryan fitzpatrick as your starting quarterback in the nfl.

that's what happens when you name ryan fitzpatrick as your starting quarterback in the nfl.

You mean thats what happens when your not a true fan, they have this thing called a bandwagon, but you have already been on that ride...

You mean thats what happens when your not a true fan, they have this thing called a bandwagon, but you have already been on that ride...

Yep.

I live in London now and am resorting to buying tickets for Cowboys-Jaguars. Even in last season's debacle I would have killed to be able to go to a Texans game.

Usually these types of fans wait until we start losing before falling off the wagon.

Better views, HD picture, Surround Sound. No loud annoying drunk guy behind me spilling beer all over my back. Oh and the food and beer at home is way cheaper.

Yep. Maybe it's me just getting older, but I can't stand some people at the stadium. Whether it be drunks, hecklers from 200 tards away from the field (still don't get hecklers in general) or the crowds. Nowadays, I like the peace and quiet of my own living room (and my soon to be 60" smart TV), my own food and the wife or friend watching with me.

Yep. Maybe it's me just getting older, but I can't stand some people at the stadium. Whether it be drunks, hecklers from 200 tards away from the field (still don't get hecklers in general) or the crowds. Nowadays, I like the peace and quiet of my own living room (and my soon to be 60" smart TV), my own food and the wife or friend watching with me.

When we moved to London last summer, I told my wife (translated: begged) that my ONE splurge in this insanely expensive country was the TV for the media room. Sony 55" LED 3D with Sony soundbar and subwoofer. The simulated 3D for sports is very nice. As much as I miss being able to go to a few games each year, this set up ain't bad. And the games don't come on until 6pm or 9pm, so I get all Sunday to do my thing and not miss out. And I got a Papa John's that delivers. Not bad at all...

I've never had season tickets but for a few years I made it to 2-3 home games a year and I enjoyed it a lot. I haven't done that in a while now and I think in my case it's because I've become really averse to crowds of any kind. I've never really liked being in a big crowd but over the last four or five years I've gotten to where I can barely go in mall on a day when it's busy. I usually try to get in there right when they open and out as fast as I can. I went to a retirement party for a high school teacher of mine a couple of weeks ago and literally had to leave after about half an hour. Too many people. I was getting that way a few years ago when the Texans were playing in Baltimore in the playoffs. I tried to meet some of the folks at Bubba's on Washington (infantrycak, disaacks, and gary might remember this) and the place was packed for the game. No place to sit and normally that wouldn't be a big deal but I was desperate to get out of there. I drove all the way back to Spring listening to the first quarter of the game on the radio.

So for me it's watching from home but I realize that not everyone would feel that way and I also had a great time going to games. Now I stay home, watch it on my big TV with my normal priced beer, kitchen full of realistically priced food, and having access to the no-line-to-get-in bathroom.

Why is this ?

I would LOVE to go to the games; I just don't know where to get tickets.

I used to split season tickets. We were down in the 100's...Very good seats. Very good people around us...

But 4 or 5 games was too much for me. I just don't enjoy going to the stadium to watch games. It's just not my thing.

I would rather be at home for the Texans. It's just a better watch for me. Although at the games you can see much more.

You can feel the crowd boiling over as someone comes open deep and the QB gets ready to launch the ball. You can feel plays developing better at the games.

But I don't care about that. I just like being at home.

But my wife likes going to the games so we'll go to maybe 1 or 2 a year.

Actually it was discovered that the beer being sold as a 16oz beer was actually a 20oz beer, the same size as the large, so fans were benefiting, not being ripped off.

Actaully everyone paying for a large was getting ripped off when they could of been paying less for the smaller which is the same amount.

I used to split season tickets. We were down in the 100's...Very good seats. Very good people around us...

But 4 or 5 games was too much for me. I just don't enjoy going to the stadium to watch games. It's just not my thing.

I would rather be at home for the Texans. It's just a better watch for me. Although at the games you can see much more.

You can feel the crowd boiling over as someone comes open deep and the QB gets ready to launch the ball. You can feel plays developing better at the games.

But I don't care about that. I just like being at home.

But my wife likes going to the games so we'll go to maybe 1 or 2 a year.

I just love the gameday experience too much. I know the folks around me, enjoy tailgating before I ever come inside and get to see the play develop much better in person.

I would like to go to a couple of games a year. Otherwise, it's too much $$ to be giving to millionaires and I'm not into the belligerent beer drinking scene any more. So, I'll stay at home and watch them at my convenience, not theirs.

Actaully everyone paying for a large was getting ripped off when they could of been paying less for the smaller which is the same amount.

Not really being ripped off, exactly.
True, they could've gotten a 20oz beer for the 16oz price, but getting the 20oz beer for the 20oz price is paying what you should be paying.

Let's see, fight traffic walk several miles, stand in line and pay ridiculous prices for food, stand in line to pee and miss chunks of the game, surrounded by distractions

Or

Wake up after sleeping late, walk short distance to fridge in underware get exactly what I want, lay down on couch that has perfect Indention for my body, turn on my 72" high definition tv with Bose surround sound and never miss a single play while enjoying perfect 72 degree temperature.

Yeh, that's a tough one!!!

I don't have season tickets but I love attending the game and really enjoy hanging with the Blue Crew peeps when I'm fortunate enough to get tickets. I've enjoyed meeting many long time posters here that make their way around that little corner of the Platinum lot. Always nice to put a face with a screen name (and TRY to remember their real names ;^(

When I can't make it though I enjoy it at home with all the aforementioned amenities and comforts of home while wearing the appropriate jersey.

I don't like crowds either, but after being at every home game they've ever had, parking and tailgating in the same place, sitting in the same seats, you get to know everyone around so it really isn't bad.

Why is this ?

Going to a football game in person has become a sport of the elite and not of the working men and women. I was priced out of the live game in 1978. There is no choice involved.

You might as well ask why people buy Toyota's instead of Rolls Royces.

I'd go to every home game and take my kids with me if I could afford it.

Now, because I value time with my children more than anything else, I choose to watch games at home.

But, I love tailgating, enjoy all the people out there tailgating, and the entire gameday experience. We did it for the first 8 years, and I miss all of it. I try to make it out to at least one game a year, but I have to be ready to drop $200-$300 for me and my son to go when you consider all the expenses (and that's the "cheap" seats in Gridiron, Tx endzones!). That's a lot of dough for one event, even if it is something as awesome as pro football.

I'd go to every home game and take my kids with me if I could afford it.

Now, because I value time with my children more than anything else, I choose to watch games at home.

But, I love tailgating, enjoy all the people out there tailgating, and the entire gameday experience. We did it for the first 8 years, and I miss all of it. I try to make it out to at least one game a year, but I have to be ready to drop $200-$300 for me and my son to go when you consider all the expenses (and that's the "cheap" seats in Gridiron, Tx endzones!). That's a lot of dough for one event, even if it is something as awesome as pro football.

Yessir!! I "get it"!

That said, we love it whenever you can make it out to visit us... Always an honor! Always!!

I occasionally treat myself to a game. Tickets aint cheap. I see it as an opportunity to hang with the Blue Crew. DAMN IT BILL! For the most part I watch at home with my surround sound cranked.

Back