Go ahead and get in line for crow

Who is going to have the best season?

• Jimmy Smith

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Andre Johnson

Votes: 89 93.7%

• Total voters
Jagsbch said:
Now that the players are getting dialed into the system Byron is able to utilize more of Bill Musgraves ingenious offense

Is this the same Bill Musgrave whose offensive wizardry was responsible for Carolina's 1-15 in 2000 Season :listening

JaguarsFan1

Practice Squad
Jagsbch said:
Here's how it works, most DC's double Jimmy virtually the whole game, thats pretty much been the story ever since Keenan left. They leave the rest of the pack of nobodies that Byron has to throw to one on one or in zone coverage. Byron is hitting 9-10 receivers a week.

Now that the players are getting dialed into the system Byron is able to utilize more of Bill Musgraves ingenious offense, as players are actually where they are supposed to be. This means Jimmy might see more single coverage in the future, as Byron is proving that all he needs is a body to throw too, not a #.

Ephram Sallaam, was picked up this season, he's a vet who's been around the block, he was even surprised at just how complicated our offensive game plan was. One of the reasons it's taken our offense so long to be a collective unit is because a lot of the players were not on the same page as Byron. It will be another year before we see, what this offense is actualy capable of IMO, this offense is still in second gear. :headbang:

The reason why I posted this thread is to show just how underrated one of the best WR's to ever play the game was, even to fans in his own division. You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Jimmy Smith 2 7.14%
Andre Johnson 26 92.86%
Voters: 28.

NO! This is how it really works. Jagsbch is a real tool. He was bounced from Jaguars.com for being an i-d-iot. The ONLY thing I can agree with him is, Jimmy Smith is one of the best WR in the game today. I don't care if he his 35. Chris Mcallester (sp) said Jimmy was the hardest WR he ever had to cover. If he gets one on one with DRob, Jimmy will be taking him to school.

I agree, as much as I respect DRob, Jimmy Smith runs some of the prettiest routes you'll see and when DRob gets beat in coverage for a big play it's usually due to him getting his feet tied up on a double move or similar circumstances. That said, Aaron Glenn is a vet who can handle some of those nifty moves from Smith, and he stands a good chance of containing Smith as long as he has help over the top.

Between AJ and Smith at this point in their careers, AJ would obviously be the guy you'd choose if you're developing a franchise, but it'd be damn near a toss up if you just wanted a WR who'd help you win now. AJ's definitely got Smith in nearly every athletic category at this point, but Smith has proven again and again that the trick's he's learned come in very useful. They're both playmakers and when given the opportunity I've seen them both make some jaw dropping catches this season.

Jagsbch

Waterboy
Nothing like a fan coming into another fan bases forum, and having the nerve to bash a member of their very own fan base by calling them a tool and an *****, and then have the nerve to simultaneously agree with their take, makes ya wonder who the ***** is don't it?

I actually got bounced out of the forum back in the day for smacking fans like this around a little too hard... Point is I bounced back, and am back @ Jaguars.com to this day; because most Jag fans have learned by now to leave well enough alone... Back off and you won't get the grinded to powder...

Look's like we have a fan who got smacked just a little too hard back in the day, and is still holding a grudge, you think he would have learned by now, not to start trouble and their won't be trouble... :listening :shocked

I think Texan fans are well aware by now that I am here to do one thing and one thing only, talk football, by geering with a little smack and learn a thing or two from the local's about our rival while giving a few lessons of my own with this thread being a perfect example.

Honest I don't mean to smack any of my fan base in this forum so please excuse this little squabble, I mean do I just take the smack with out some sort of reply? Now this ***** is probably going to get this thread shut down... :hmmm:

jagsbch i think you are pretty cool and welcome to the texans board, i like a lil smack talk, makes things a lil more interesting !

Jagsbch

Waterboy
I like this forum too, especially when Vinny throws his insights into the Mix. Guy is one of the smartest fans I have had the pleasure of reading while in my surf sessions across the WWW. He rivals any fan I have ever met. Just so you know, I have done a lot of surfing, but this has got to be the best site on WWW.

some smart cookies in here...

JaguarsFan1

Practice Squad
Jagsbch said:
I like this forum too, especially when Vinny throws his insights into the Mix. Guy is one of the smartest fans I have had the pleasure of reading while in my surf sessions across the WWW. He rivals any fan I have ever met. Just so you know, I have done a lot of surfing, but this has got to be the best site on WWW.

some smart cookies in here...

Then by all means stay here. They'll figure you out sooner or later. For the record, I only agreed with you on one thing. Jimmy Smith.

PS. Go buy a ticket sometime. Quit acting like you are the #1 fan when all you have to go by is Brian and Jeff. :rofl:

fresno8

Waterboy
OK, Smith gets doubled because you don't have any other threats and you say he's better than AJ. Well, we have other threats and Andre still gets doubled basically every play. So simple logic says AJ is better jagsbch. I'll take Andre over Jimmy anyday.

Jagsbch

Waterboy
Well there are just two more Games left and Jimmy is in the lead. :banana:
I am really glad, to see them running so tight, to be honest I thought for sure Jimmy would be blowing him completely out of the water by now, much like some of you all probably thought about AJ.

Point is AJ is a hell of alot better than I thought he was. I am glad we get to see them both playing on the same field in one of the last games of the season, and actually see who makes it across the finish line first. This is a most excellent treat. WOW Christmas Tomorrow and the Game is Sunday can it get any better?

jr0ck

Waterboy
I am really glad, to see them running so tight, to be honest I thought for sure Jimmy would be blowing him completely out of the water by now, much like some of you all probably thought about AJ.
Point is AJ is a hell of alot better than I thought he was
it's kinda funny how andre has been one of the few texans to garner any national attention this year, and yet, your just now changing your mind about how talented he is. i don't think there's any knowledgable texan fans who are that suprised with how tight "the race" is........especially considering our offensive inconsistency in the second half of the year ;)