Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Glimmer of Hope

Dallas_Texan

Waterboy
Not that I want to win this way, but the Colts punter has been suspended for a game, but more importantly Dallas "I eat LBs for breakfast" Clark is out for our game.

Again. Not how I want to win, but considering losing Demeco it evens things a bit

Not that I want to win this way, but the Colts punter has been suspended for a game, but more importantly Dallas "I eat LBs for breakfast" Clark is out for our game.

Again. Not how I want to win, but considering losing Demeco it evens things a bit

They still have Collie and Reggie Wayne, who seem to be doing quiet well.

Anyone heard about Addai's condition? I haven't read anything yet.

Anyone heard about Addia's condition? I haven't read anything yet.

His injury looked kind of serious, even if he plays, I bet he'll be limited.

I think Donald Brown is supposed to be healthy and Hart is a decent back.

Dallas Clark is good news...

but honestly I don't think the Colts will need to use their punter all game :thinking:

Anyone heard about Addai's condition? I haven't read anything yet.

His injury looked kind of serious, even if he plays, I bet he'll be limited.

I think Donald Brown is supposed to be healthy and Hart is a decent back.

Bye or not, if he's talking about having to "strengthen" his shoulder, it means he's had a significant injury. (The way he fell, it looks like an anterior shoulder dislocation) Even if we do see him after the bye, I would not expect him to be effective.

Joseph Addai Says Colts' Bye Timely
10/20/2010 5:06 PM ET By John Oehser

INDIANAPOLIS -- Joseph Addai said on Wednesday the most important thing about his injured left shoulder is to let it gain strength.

The question now is how long that will take.

Addai, the Colts' starting running back and the leading rusher each of the last five seasons, sustained a shoulder injury and left the Colts' victory over the Washington Redskins this past Sunday early in the fourth quarter.

"The shoulder's cool," Addai said Wednesday. "It's just really letting it get stronger. That's the biggest thing, getting the strength back in the shoulder. The bye week came at the right time."
The Colts are off this week, and don't play again until Monday, November 1, when they play host to the Houston Texans in an AFC South game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

"We don't know how long it's going to be," Addai said. "It could be any time from a couple of hours to four or five weeks. We really don't know. It's a day-to-day process. The thing I can do is be positive about it. It's more unknown. It's on whatever it wants to do, when it wants to come back."

Colts backup running back Donald Brown has been out three weeks with a hamstring injury, but he practiced on a limited basis last week. Third-team running back Mike Hart has been working as the Colts' backup and has replaced Addai in the fourth quarter the last two weeks.

Addai, who has rushed for 406 yards and three touchdowns on 103 carries this season, rushed for 128 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries against Washington. It was his first 100-yard game since November 2008.

Also, Colts wide receiver Anthony Gonzalez -- out since Week 1 with a high-ankle sprain -- said he feels as good about his health as he has in a while.

"I feel good," Gonzalez said. He added of the possibility of playing against Houston, "That's to be determined, but I do feel good. That's a positive."

Can't add links (on iPhone), but Rotoworld says Addai will play against us.

He's been in a sling. It does indeed look like a dislocation which commonly is associated with a brachial nerve plexus stretch injury. The brachial nerve plexus injuries take time to allow decent return to strength. Besides this, he has a 50% chance of reinjury.

Nothing torn or anything,” he said. “It’s just the nerve. That’s the biggest thing, that and getting the strength back. It could come back any time between now and four or five weeks.”Some will fret about the latter, but I got the sense Addai has been dealing with this for a while. I’m leaning toward thinking he will be back sooner with rest, but one never knows about these things.

“It’s just dead and needs to wake up,” he said.

“It could be worse,” he said. “I didn’t break anything.”

Then Addai surprised me with an example of where he’s at. He showed how he could lift his right arm over his head. But his left arm could only reach about shoulder level, if that. He explained that after Sunday night’s game, that left arm couldn’t come up at all. So it’s improving each day.

He's been in a sling. It does indeed look like a dislocation which commonly is associated with a brachial nerve plexus stretch injury. The brachial nerve plexus injuries take time to allow decent return to strength. Besides this, he has a 50% chance of reinjury.

I love your analysis! But this is what I read;

kdbcahlhbvhjvdb Adai ksjdblabvakcbljsg sling ,bcljsgdoauygujsd injury

:thinking:

Further simplified translation:

The brachial nerve plexus is a bundle of nerves that come from between the neck vertebrae and through the armpit and then into the arm and hand where it delivers both sensation and movement and strength to the arm and hand. It's the same nerve group that was injured in Slaton leading to numbness, loss of movement and strength in his arm and hand.

In Slaton's case, the nerves were injured by crushing of the nerves between the neck vertebrae. In Addai's case, the injury would have been caused by the upper end of the arm popping out of the shoulder socket (dislocation), thus overstretching the nerve as it comes through the armpit. Again, ultimately similar problems from both injuries.

brachial-plexus-picture.jpg

Further simplified translation:

The brachial nerve plexus is a bundle of nerves that come from between the neck vertebrae and through the armpit and then into the arm and hand where it delivers both sensation and movement and strength to the arm and hand. It's the same nerve group that was injured in Slaton leading to numbness, loss of movement and strength in his arm and hand.

In Slaton's case, the nerves were injured by crushing of the nerves between the neck vertebrae. In Addai's case, the injury would have been caused by the upper end of the arm popping out of the shoulder socket (dislocation), thus overstretching the nerve as it comes through the armpit. Again, ultimately similar problems from both injuries.

brachial-plexus-picture.jpg
And once again, you have helped me understand yet another one of my own injuries a little better. I've had my shoulder operated on several times. It remains unfixed alas the power of information is the force that drives the road to redemption. Thank you.

Week 8 is our season. Win and everything falls into place. Lose and it all comes crashing down.

Well not really, but this is a message board, so why not? :worldpeace:

Bye or not, if he's talking about having to "strengthen" his shoulder, it means he's had a significant injury. (The way he fell, it looks like an anterior shoulder dislocation) Even if we do see him after the bye, I would not expect him to be effective.

Thanks Jean!! They boy was in obvious pain when he left the field and I was wondering if it was his shoulder. JA is one of my fav RBs to watch, just to bad he plays for the enemy. Being one of our local guys he never got the media attention VY got, but, he has definitely had a positive career. Doubtful he will be 100% by week 8 though.

Personally, I wish they are all available to play against Houston.. I've never been the type of person to ever want anyone missing from another team.. I want to play their best players and then have no excuses win or lose.. Yeah, playing them with a few key players helps the chances, but I don't like it. You play with who ya have, I get it, but to be the best you have to beat the best... and well, I want to see if week #1 was a fluke or the real thing !!

Personally, I wish they are all available to play against Houston.. I've never been the type of person to ever want anyone missing from another team.. I want to play their best players and then have no excuses win or lose.. Yeah, playing them with a few key players helps the chances, but I don't like it. You play with who ya have, I get it, but to be the best you have to beat the best... and well, I want to see if week #1 was a fluke or the real thing !!

Screw that, a win is a win is a win. We pounded the Colts into the ground in week 1, it was no fluke. Even if they pounded us right back this time it still would not be a fluke.

Sounds good on paper but overlooks that every team plays with injuries. If we lose and somebody mentions DeMeco being gone folks will be all over posting that is an excuse. Well then either it is an excuse or doesn't matter for the other team as well.

Definitely no McAfee or Clark, perhaps no Addai or Collie, I'll take it! But that probably won't stop Peyton from making a guy a new born star.

Edit: Add Collie to the McAfee, Clark list.

Adam_Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Colts wide receiver Austin Collie underwent hand surgery this week that is expected to sideline him a few weeks.

No way, forget that ideal! The Colts have taken plenty advantage of our injuries in the past when we would have otherwise possibly won. Do you think Matt Schaub would have Rosencoptered the football?

I don't care what it takes, but with the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, Patriots and possibly Dolphins all contending for Wild Card Spots (depending on who wins the division), we need to win this division. I'm going to lose it if we are the 7th seed again and are one spot behind the Ravens or Jets that we lost to earlier in the season.

That is you guys.. I want to win with their best players, you don't feel that way, that's fine..Sorry I feel as if it means more beating their best players..

That is you guys.. I want to win with their best players, you don't feel that way, that's fine..Sorry I feel as if it means more beating their best players..

We have tons of injuries on our side as well, though. "Beating them at full strength" is only meaningful if you are also at full strength. We just lost the captain of our defense and our most important run stopper. It all evens out

No Clark, no Collie, no/limited Addai, No McAfee

I'm liking the sound of this. Our bye week turned out to be timed pretty well. We'll need the extra week to strengthen up and plan for the Colts.

Saying "well they still have Wayne and Gonzalez" is like when Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter are out. "Well the Texans still have Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones!" Yes they still have 2 talented receivers but don't underrate the impact that Clark and Collie have on the game. This is HUGE for us particularly since our secondary is so awful. woops I meant 'young'.

Give us all healthy players and I'd love to beat a team when they're at full force too. If we beat a team that has some injuries on it, I'm not going to lose a second of sleep. That's the NFL.

Garcon is healthy right? He dropped a lot of balls Week 1, but looks to be back in the swing.

Wayne + Garcon + Gonzalez is not too bad of a trio. Clark is Manning's go to guy on 3rd down which still helps.

Peyton will get his yards like week 1, we just need to make sure we are as physical up front we were the first game on both sides of the ball.

No Clark, no Collie, no/limited Addai, No McAfee

I'm liking the sound of this. Our bye week turned out to be timed pretty well. We'll need the extra week to strengthen up and plan for the Colts.

Saying "well they still have Wayne and Gonzalez" is like when Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter are out. "Well the Texans still have Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones!" Yes they still have 2 talented receivers but don't underrate the impact that Clark and Collie have on the game. This is HUGE for us particularly since our secondary is so awful. woops I meant 'young'.

Give us all healthy players and I'd love to beat a team when they're at full force too. If we beat a team that has some injuries on it, I'm not going to lose a second of sleep. That's the NFL.

Is it limited Addai or no Addai, I thought he was out for sure?

Dallas Clark officially on IR (to undergo wrist surgery).
From Peter King:

The Colts placed tight end Dallas Clark on injured reserve Friday, the latest blow to a team stung by injuries. “The Colts are in trouble,” King said. “And I think the biggest problem, obviously, is Dallas Clark. As much as Peyton Manning loves throwing the ball to Reggie Wayne, his personal security blanket is Dallas Clark. That is going to be a very difficult one to overcome. … I really wonder how much the Colts can take. That is a very, very serious blow for the Indianapolis Colts.”

You know, I just thought of something. In order to sign another kicker for the MNF game, someone else is going to have to be released. It's not like they have much depth to speak of in most positions. That can only hit the Colts once again while their down. What a mess...............for THEM.:gun:

Speaking of Glimmer of Hope - we're set to start distancing ourselves at the top of the AFC South.

After our bye week, we all know we've got a banged up Indy team. If/When we beat them, our overall record will be 5-2: our Division record will be 2-0: our Conference record will be 4-0.

Indianapolis also has a bye week, then they play us. If/When they lose to us, their overall record will be 4-3: their Division record will be 0-3: their Conference record will be 2-3.

Tennesse sits right now at 4-2 but they've got upcoming games against Philly and then @ San Diego. Both are good teams, although SD has underperformed and Philly won't be playing Vick. Titans' Division record is currently 1-0: Conference record is 2-2. A loss to the Charges could put them at a 2-3 conference record.

Jacksonville is 3-3 overall: 1-1 in Division play: and 3-2 in Conference play. Their two upcoming games are @ Kansas City and @ Dallas. Both should be tough games for them. A loss to KC puts them at 3-4 overall and 3-3 in conference play.

I know we look at our remaining games and have some hesitation, but our divisional opponents have some tough games left too. We could EASILY be in the driver seat and quite frankly, I think we are already.

Remaining games:
Houston: IND, SD, JAC, NYJ, TEN, PHI, BAL, TEN, DEN, JAC

Tennessee: PHI, SD, MIA, WAS, HOU, JAC, IND, HOU, KC, IND

Indianapolis: HOU, PHI, CIN, NE, SD, DAL, TEN, JAC, OAK, TEN

Jacksonville: KC, DAL, HOU, CLE, NYG, TEN, OAK, IND, WAS, HOU

Redskins' hit list:

Week 1: Demarcus Ware, Dez Bryant
Week 2: Andre Johnson
Week 3: Steven Jackson
Week 4: Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, Asante Samuel, Riley Cooper
Week 5: Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Clay Matthews
Week 6: Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie

Redskins' hit list:

Week 1: Demarcus Ware, Dez Bryant
Week 2: Andre Johnson
Week 3: Steven Jackson
Week 4: Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, Asante Samuel, Riley Cooper
Week 5: Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, Clay Matthews
Week 6: Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, Austin Collie

Really?? Wow even if halfway true. That's a very strong list there. I wonder why?

Back