Glenn Unhappy With Buchanon Acquisition?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by D-ReK, Apr 22, 2005.

1. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I was watching channel 13 news just now, and Bob Allen claimed an un-named Texan told him that Glenn didn't show up to workouts after he heard of the Buchanon acquisition and is worried that his Miami Hurricane/Oakland Raider personality won't fit in well with our team full of humble guys...This could get interesting, stay tuned :popcorn: ...

2. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Any more of that and we might see AG join Sharper and Foreman.

3. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

so is he ok with the trade or is he mad, I don't understand?

4. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Capers must have conviced him that he can keep a thumb on Buch, per se.
    Or....he is just trading material as said on here earlier... :hmmm:

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The initial report was that AG and Capers met and AG was reportedly cool
    with the trade. Capers even said he had a "positive" attitude about the
    new arrangement. The story on 13 (I didn't see it) by Allen, which apparently
    was after the Capers AG meeting, sounds like AG is having second thoughts
    about being "positive".
    Frankly I was surprised by the trade (even though it sounds like a good deal for us), because it would be one thing to draft a corner tomorrow (even as
    our #1 pick), but its another thing entirely to bring in a veteran NFL starter. Perhaps AG feels like he's being pushed out the door ?

6. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

Can you say "We have a trade. The Houston Texans have gained the New York Jets 3rd round pick in exchange for Aaron Glenn"

This gives the Texans a justifiable reason to trade him if they want

7. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

NL Scouting has also been told that the Bucs and Titans could also be players in the Glenn sweepstakes if he does get traded. Loooks like he may not be a Texan that much longer.

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

I dont see Glenn going for less than a 2nd rounder (simply because we would need a second rounder to replace him)

I also dont know how credible this "inside source" is.. does he even know the whole story? how do we know that Glenn didnt ask for a couple days off to wash his hair? *shrug*.. I just am not going to put any weight in it till something more solid pops up.

9. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

If we trade him, it better be for more than a 3rd rounder...I'd hate to see him go, though :( ...

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The justification for the Showtime trade was that the Texans need 3 quality CBs to match up with the Colts. No way a trade of Glenn can be justified after that.

11. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I'm just relaying what I heard on the news for the people who live out of town and didn't catch it...I'm not even going to begin speculating who this "anonymous Texans player" is, but it's common for players to tell teammates different things than they tell coaches...I know I've done it before...Naturally, if a coach asks you how you feel about adding someone who they feel can help the team, you smile and nod and say everything's fine, but when your teammate/friend calls you later and asks your opinion, you tend to be more candid...Glenn is the consummate professional, so I could see my scenario being what transpired, but it's possible that I'm completely wrong...

12. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Exactly...Glenn was born and raised here in Houston...He began his playing career at Nimitz High and when he was taken in the expansion draft, he had come full circle...I realize it wasn't his choice to come here, but it was his choice to stay here and finish his career in his hometown...It would be a shame to see him go...

13. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

To me, you can't put a price on Glenn's value to this team. People have blasted sharper saying he wasn't a vocal leader. That is something you can't say about Glenn. He worked absolute wonders with Dunta last year and greatly sped up his learning curve. There is no way I would even think about trading Glenn. If he leaves who is the veteren leader in the backfield or even the whole defense or team. You have to messure what he does on and off the feild and it would be a great mistake to let him go at this time.

14. LBblitz

LBblitz Veteran

Glenn is aging...but he is NOT down or out. This year we need him drastically because of our pass happy division and to groom PB. Next year may be a different story but he is still one of our deffensive leaders and a quality CB. The one and only thing that I see that would justify trading him would be for washington's 1st...and that is highly unlikely.

15. LBblitz

LBblitz Veteran

"he worked absolute wonders with Dunta" is an absolute understatement! :woot I can only imagine how he will transform PB into a carbon copy of himself (PB made a statement of how they are very similar and that he respects Glenn).

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

A familiar refrain we were saying just recently about somebody with initials
    JS. The Draft is the real beginning of the 2005 season and Cass and Capers
    may already be thinking about what could be a make or break season for them.
    Somebody said something about a threesom of corners for our nickle - with
    the arrival of PB we now have that without AG. Actually for a team that has
    many other needs, our CB position has got some real redundancy.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Thats why we HAVE to keep him. To me he is the glue thats going to hold this whole thing together and his leadership is invaluable to us. If I was the coach Glenn would definetly be my stater. PB has to earn his stripes or should I say "Horns" :thumbup . We need to enstill discipline and bring him on slowly.

18. LBblitz

LBblitz Veteran

Im not saying this is going to happen but suppose Drob goes into a sophomore slump? Glenn has the leadership to coax him out of it. Never underestimate the power of a veteran player in the locker room to boost team morale. This applies to the whole team not just Drob.

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Exactly, everytime I see a clip of a player giving a speech inside the lockeroom after a game or something 9 times out of 10 it is Glenn. He is definetly the leader of this Team.

20. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

True, but I think Aaron Glenn is more valuable to the team than Jamie Sharper was...It has already been stated that Glenn was a big factor in the development of Dunta, and he is a vocal leader, which is something that can't be said about Sharper...Despite his age, he hasn't shown any signs of slowing down IMO...