Gibbs has line poised to succeed J USTICE: Line blamed for Carr's mistakes

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-USTICE:-Line-blamed-for-Carr's-mistakes-

2. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Yep ... RJ is kissing some serious butt these days .

3. euro-Texan

euro-Texan All Pro

I can't stomach that guys articles after the first three sentences. I just can't, especially when it's about football. Not just Justice either, hell when they started rolling out the "Bud Adams wasn't that bad because he started the AFL" videos, i've pretty much limited my Chron reading to Texan Chick blog posts.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

yes he is, I usually don't read his stuff

he has dickism quote on another thread about the Texans
    http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/09/are_you_optimis.html

about makes me gag

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Hall of Fame

I don't believe he know any more about football than the average poster on this board.

Nevertheless, I hope he is right about this. If he is right about this, the Texans should win on Sunday by at least two touchdowns.

6. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Tony Kornheiser, described him as the best baseball beat writer in America. Justice is an alumus of The University of Texas at Austin.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Justice
    C'mon 'fess up, you guys are all green with envy about Richie because he's got his own Wikipedia entry aren't you ?

7. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Carr was and is a fraud, football speaking of course. He is an all-time bust, and unfortunately he was able to charm way to many folks off the field - McNair, Casserly, Capers, Kubiak and the media - to prolong his stay in Houston.

8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

no truer words have been spoken

carr sucks, his dad sucked, his whole 'faith and family first' BS sucked, and because of that the Texans sucked

no one wanted to admit it but some of us knew he sucked from day one. it wasn't that hard to spot.

no pocket presence
    no ability to burn blitzes
    no ability to look downfield and feel pressure
    no leadership
    no accountability
    no work ethic
    no professionalism
    no dedication

the only thing the guy could do is take an asswhoopin' and he was great at that

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

well, this "revelation" is only two years late and an 8 million dollar extension bonus short.

Good job.

In related news, Reggie Bush may not be an every-down RB.

Wolf likes this.
  10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

People still have this animosity towards Carr which for some seems to almost border on hatred ? And many of these same people probably wildly applauded him at first when he beat their ultimate nemisis, the Dallas Cowboys, in the
    franchises debut. And I remember several other games where Carr flashed his talent, and he was talented.
    Did Carr quit on the team (and thereby the franchise and city in the eyes of many) after getting the crap beat out of him for several years when they
    failed to protect him ? You bet he did. If you were an NFL teams QB and into your 4th year on that team the best they could do to protecat your azz was Victor Riley, wouldn't you quit to ?

11. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

Hell no I wouldn't. Not for the kind of jack that Carr was getting paid. That's why most QB's are called PROFESSIONALS, because they don't just up and quit.

It's also pretty obvious tha Carr doesn't have talent because he couldn't beat out an over-the-hill Vinny Testaverde in Carolina when Delhomme went down. Dude has the Roethlisberger "Hold onto the ball forever" skillset but none of the creativity and improvisational skills.

12. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

OMG! It's starting AGAIN... :deadhorse

13. hadaad

hadaad All Pro

There is no such thing as an over-the-hill Vinny Testaverde. Dude could still start for 25 teams in this league. :king:

14. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

No.

15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

He didn't "just up and quit." That's what would come under the heading of a "no mas" quit. He kept playing, kept getting his azz kicked every game.
    I doubt that half of you guys ever played a snap in your whole lives, ever got hit once let alone by one of those 300+ lb behemoths that regularly clobbered Carr. Did he loose interest, motivation, etc ? I'm sure he did. Did he look over his shoulder, loose his focus, run outo bounds more often than necessary for fear of the next time he would get busted ? Yep, I remember all of that to.
    As far as him beating out Testaverde, he was past saving by the time he got there. His career and potential was long ago wasted by then thanks to his incompetant handlers in Houston.

16. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Now Justice just needs to apologize for being such a VY-loverboy. He's made a habit of being blatantly wrong so many times that I'm amazed he has any credibility, much left a job left.

17. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Actually, as much as I consider David Carr's lack of talent one of the major reasons for the slow start this franchise is going thru, I do find it amusing in a sad sort of way when I see all the personal vitriol directed towards the guy.

And in terms of that talent (or non-talent) - one of the few things (maybe the only thing) I'll give Dickie J. credit for in terms of football, was that he was saying fairly early on that if Carr truly had any ability to QB an NFL football team, it would show itself - even if only occasionally, and only briefly - and it never did.

The argument can be made that Carr entered the NFL without enought talent to succeed on that level , and the argument can be made that the Texans killed whatever talent he may have had (and the two arguments are not necessarily mutually exclusive). I have my own opinion, but there's no definitive answer to that question, which is essentially "nature or nurture". With all that, I absolutely take issue with the comment that he flashed enough talent to prove that he had any appreciable amount of it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  18. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

While some of them weren't dogs as the media and soem fans made them out to be it wasn't like once they got a decent QB behind them they were all pro.

Look to be honest I am not sure I can go off and say it's all Davie Carr's fault for the poor start to the franchise. I think he playeda big role in it no doubt. The coaching staff, front office, and players were dysfunctional IMO.

Capers and his coaching staff were incompetent at evaluating talent. Casserly, whether by the coaching staff demands or not made some bad moves in FA and monster bad ones in the draft. Some players didn't care and those that did had to fight through a lot of frustration.

We're obviously better off now then 4 years ago under Capers and Casserly. I can't help though but be a bit frustrated about certain things with this current staff. For example: letting Richard Smith stay so long when it's obvious the guy doesn't belong as a coordinator.

All that said I'm wary of starting over with new coach as the offense is fairly predicated on ZBS and we've finally got the personnel to run it. My concern is if we bring in a guy who is an experienced heach coach but, prefers to play a power run game or likes to run a 3-4. We're stuck retooling again.

19. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Carr held the ball way too long, but the line was still terrible for the first 4 years. Even with Schaub's pocket presence he would have been sacked 50+ times behind the 2002 line.

20. CTWade

CTWade Quack Attack

Somebody give me a clue. If we all hate Justice then why do we keep empowering him by spreading his articles around the web?