Giants preview stuff.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Here's my latest Chronic blogpost:

Can Eric Winston break the left tackle jinx?

I know that Salaam is nominally the starter, but I'm just not seeing him playing the whole game.

Anyway, blog post has some thoughts on that, and also various linkies to Giants pregame stuff, including a Giants' bloggers take on the possibility of Burress not playing.

2. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

Doesn"t Salaam have 3 different injuries right now? If that is true, I wonder if he will see any playing time at all. Tomorrow is a great opportunity for Winston cast some positive light on his ability to compete at the pro level. The entire team is going to have their work cut out for them. I sure hope that team that beat Jacksonville shows up for this game.

3. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Yes he does. However, what has happened at any point this season to make you think Salaam wouldn't be on the field regardless of injuries or performance? He had those injuries last game, and they pulled Winston every time Salaam could hobble onto the field even though he was ineffective.

Maybe it will be different this week. I have my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath.

4. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Spencer was doing well, to bad he got injured.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

From the article:
    "Given the demands at left tackle especially, I will be curious if the Texans stay adament that they will not move Chester Pitts back there if Salaam stays hurt and Winston struggles. Or even re-signing Seth Wand seems like a better choice than an injured Salaam."

Nothing against Winston, but I'd love to see them bring back Wand. If Winston is our future RT, then we need a backup LT and Wand is ready for that. Don't know about starting, but he can surely backup Spencer--a lot better than Salaam.

6. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Serioulsy, think about what you are saying here. Wand over Salaam? I don't think so.

7. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

That's what happened in the preseason. Wand started at left tackle early in the preseason. Salaam was nicked up. At least in the preseason, Wand looked pretty good.

Yes, I would take a healthy Wand over a nicked up Salaam everyday.

8. NEROtheZERO

NEROtheZERO Veteran

Wand has proven capable of, at the least, a viable back up and no other team has even given him a look. I'm thinking maybe it is Wand's decision not to come back - not the Texans'.